Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: periscope
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:46

I wasn't referring to you specifically, Icetraders, and apologize if it seemed as if I was. That wasn't my intention at all - it's just that my general comment happened to follow your post. But I'm glad to hear you are conscientious and thank you for that! I only wish the same could be said of some other concert attendees.

A slightly different example of a ruined view is from when I was at a (seated) Nick Cave show recently. I wasn't the only one irritated by people around whose devices emitted a constant bright light the whole time whenever they decided to take videos, which was just totally inconsiderate IMHO.

And just to reinforce my killjoy reputation, I have been known to rail at people behind me at concerts who just constantly natter during songs and do even worse in the case of anyone trying to muscle in on my spot in a GA situation.

Of course, it works both ways. This has brought to mind when myself and friends were told in no uncertain terms by a guy behind us to sit down during Toots and the Maytalls when they were opening for the Stones in Copenhagen. Needless to say, everyone stood up - including him - when the Stones came on, so we got our own back by turning round and telling him in no uncertain terms to sit down. If looks could kill, we would've all been dead!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:55

Someone just periscoped from the merchandise trailer. Looks like a big crowd is already there.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 25, 2015 02:10

Turner68
Someone just periscoped from the merchandise trailer. Looks like a big crowd is already there.

Wow how cool is that.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 02:22

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 03:07 by Leonioid.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:01

@Beast your story is priceless!

I plan on recording audio at Nashville but that's it. I won't put as much effort in as previous tours simply because the setlist will get stale by that point in the tour, and there will be tons of videos from throughout the show.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:03

Icetraders
I will be Periscoping in Arlington and Orlando some. Find me at

@icetraders

I will get some front and center for Arlington and have Lucky Dip for Orlando.

following you now. Doing 5 shows my self, so feel free to follow back

Date: May 25, 2015 03:04

Icetraders
Beast
Well, call me a killjoy but I hope to hell I'm not going to be standing behind anyone periscoping. I know we're all eager to see clips of shows but it's pretty annoying for people at shows to have their view blocked by someone in front who's got their arms up videoing, periscoping whatever. My two cents' worth...

unfortunately I can't speak for everyone, but I'm extremely conscious of not ruining anybody's experience. Raising arms up, leaving display bright etc....

same, I'm tall as it is, so anyone behind me aint gonna be bitching about my phone, which I keep in front of me lower then my head. I don't plan on doing more than a song or two. I more so plan to get pre show, do some interviews with people in the lot, shots around the stadium, stage set up, you get the idea...

Date: May 25, 2015 03:06

RipThisBone
Turner68

Wow how cool is that.eye rolling smiley

its cool as a whore's goodbye

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 03:07 by forsure.

Date: May 25, 2015 05:41

Are periscope clips stored in a way where we can watch them later... watch them in 6 months? Is there an option like that?

I hope periscope becomes a stable standard and easy to use platform like Youtube has become. I do like the idea of seeing things live, but I also sometimes like to rewatch some clips several times. e.g. I have watched the that SFM clip from Toronto (and passed it along and embedded) many many times.

Date: May 25, 2015 05:43

if you follow the user I think they are accessable for 24 hours, after that they are gone. The provider can chose to have the video sent and stored directly to their cameral roll, at which point they could save and upload to youtube.

Date: May 25, 2015 05:44

forsure
if you follow the user I think they are accessable for 24 hours, after that they are gone. The provider can chose to have the video sent and stored directly to their cameral roll, at which point they could save and upload to youtube.

Yep

Date: May 25, 2015 05:45

forsure

Thanks !

Date: May 25, 2015 06:08

I am not a luddite, just a slow conformer...
so as people master this periscope and are delighted with it
please do not be bashful about explaing what/how/who you feel about it.

Date: May 25, 2015 06:31

Can one do an "array display" ?
I mean if one has the IDs of 5-10 people who say they will
scoping can you display all of them in one window and then
decide which one you want to see/listen to? I imagine some people
will be better at this (or have better views/sound) than other people.

It would be handy to be able to seamlessly switch around to the best scoper.

Date: May 25, 2015 06:32

Leonioid

yes. you follow the ones you are interested in. it will show you which of those you follow are currently live. you can choose which one you want to see.

Date: May 25, 2015 06:34

Turner68
Leonioid

yes. you follow the ones you are interested in. it will show you which of those you follow are currently live. you can choose which one you want to see.
Thanks!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 25, 2015 07:36

Drake if you get a Nashville recording I'd love a copy, please.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 25, 2015 07:50

tumblingdice

If it comes out ok I will definitely post it here!

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 07:55

flacnvinyl
tumblingdice

If it comes out ok I will definitely post it here!

Just a quick note to say how much tapers are appreciated;
Thanks in advance! (and in retrospect for anything you've recorded in the past that I downloaded!)

Date: May 25, 2015 10:35

I think to perfectly better "scope" a concert one might need to use 3-5 phones and have a front row balconey seat and a clamp to hold the phone steady on the bar in front of those seats and as the batteries run out switch to the next phone... or something like that.

And if they wanted to not bother the people around them with the brigh screen light then maybe have a cover or cloth or something to cover the back screen.

I am sure it will all evolve over time.
Tonight was my first time... ah... my first.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 25, 2015 10:42

forsure

Good to know for the 24 hours, why not use this thread to list the username of good feeds from the latest show, anyone got some for SD?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:05

Need to compile list of of " periscopers " to follow for all the shows! I enjoyed a few last night for the San Diego Concert

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:07

I'm excited for Columbus! Last time I fell asleep before the show started because I was 3 hours ahead, but this time I'll only be an hour ahead so hopefully I'll be able to stay awake long enough to stream it!

Date: May 26, 2015 05:10

gotdablouse
forsure

Good to know for the 24 hours, why not use this thread to list the username of good feeds from the latest show, anyone got some for SD?

strangely, it seems you can only access videos if you can follow them before they recorded the video. at this point, the youtube videos are much better in any case.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:31

Leonioid
I think to perfectly better "scope" a concert one might need to use 3-5 phones and have a front row balconey seat and a clamp to hold the phone steady on the bar in front of those seats and as the batteries run out switch to the next phone... or something like that.

And if they wanted to not bother the people around them with the brigh screen light then maybe have a cover or cloth or something to cover the back screen.

You need a battery extender. I have this one from Monoprice, it will charge my i Phone or IPad four times before it needs to be charged.

[www.monoprice.com]

Just plug your i Phone into it at the beginning of the concert and you shouldn't run out of battery power. The one above has capacity of 5200mAh - there are cheaper ones with 1500mAh - but they're good for about 1 1/2 full charges. Monoprice also has a new model that is 6600mAh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 05:34 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: May 26, 2015 05:42

GlimmerGirl24
Leonioid

You need a battery extender. I have this one from Monoprice, it will charge my i Phone or IPad four times before it needs to be charged.

[www.monoprice.com]

Just plug your i Phone into it at the beginning of the concert and you shouldn't run out of battery power. The one above has capacity of 5200mAh - there are cheaper ones with 1500mAh - but they're good for about 1 1/2 full charges. Monoprice also has a new model that is 6600mAh.

COOL!!!
This looks like a good idea. Thank you GlimmerGirl

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:12

Available on Android now for those interested.

Date: May 26, 2015 16:23

feel free to add me. @sfacemelt I'll being doing some stuff leading up to columbus and hope to do a few videos from the show. I have 12th row, so I hope to get some good stuff. I'll be doing 5 shows in total, altough I don't know about cell use over the boarder

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:03

Looking forward to that !

ohotos
Available on Android now for those interested.

Nothing on their page, got a link? There is apparently a fake periscope app on the market.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 26, 2015 17:37

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home