Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Post your favorite photos of young Mick & Keith here
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 21, 2015 07:43

Keith in foreground with Mick.

I wish my hair would behave as well as Mick's. Sigh.

Date: May 21, 2015 07:46

tauk

I've never seen this one!

and HA! Its funny because I was just watching "Performance" last week and kept thinking to myself "how is it that Mick looks so much cooler in eyeliner than I do". cool smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 07:46

Mick in red framed sunglasses with Keith, on a train. Year???

Date: May 21, 2015 07:48

Their hair is shorter and they look younger so I'd guess around... 65 or 66? I could be off though...

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 21, 2015 07:55

tauk

I don't know... he got/gets it blown out I think, but have you seen his interview in the Jimmy Hendrix documentary? Made me feel a lot better about myself hair-wise

Date: May 21, 2015 07:58

brokecollegestudent wrote:
I've never seen this one
and HA! Its funny because I was just watching "Performance" last week and kept thinking to myself "how is it that Mick looks so much cooler in eyeliner than I do".
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hey, nice to meet someone who has watched "Performance" lately. I know exactly how you feel. I think Mick looks equally as good with make-up & hair like a female as he looks as male. He's got it made both ways! No fair! That film is so funny, isn't it? And yes, I think they did a good job darkening his hair & eyebrows & the orangey lipstick, and his clothing-all so cool. I won't post any Performance photos on this thread because we're keeping on topic re. your request for young photos of Mick & Keith. We'd have to start separate threads for other types of pics, there's just so many!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 11:07 by tauk.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:01

"If you want to, you can lean on me". I'd say 1975.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:08

Perhaps the coolest Rolling Stone magazine cover, ever IMHO. 1975.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:09

hey, nice to meet someone who has watched "Performance" lately. I know exactly how you feel. I think Mick looks equally as good with make-up & hair like a female as he looks a male. He's got it made both ways! No fair! That film is so funny, isn't it? And yes, i think they did a good job darkening his hair & eyebrows & th orangey lipstick, and his clothing-all so cool. I won't post any Performance photos on this thread because we're keeping on topic re. your request for young photos of Mick & Keith. We'd have to start separate threads for other types of pics, there's just so many!

Carolyn G

---------

I love that movie! I have not watched it since high school, so in my pre-concert count down I revisited it and I'm glad I did. Memo from Turner is one of my favorite songs. Mick definitely does have it both ways ha he is very lucky! He looks great either way. But yes you're right, Performance (was in 71 I think??) would definitely be straying from their younger days. I enjoy seeing pictures of them when they were near my age in their early 20s, and indeed, there are many of those and all the others!

Date: May 21, 2015 08:11

(but I am still loving all of these 70s photos regardless! They're all amazing photos obviously, even when they go beyond my years in the late 60s and 70s !)

Date: May 21, 2015 08:11

Mick overlooking Keith's snoozing at Mick & Bianca's wedding.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:19

brokecollegestudent
hey, nice to meet someone who has watched "Performance" lately. I know exactly how you feel. I think Mick looks equally as good with make-up & hair like a female as he looks a male. He's got it made both ways! No fair! That film is so funny, isn't it? And yes, i think they did a good job darkening his hair & eyebrows & th orangey lipstick, and his clothing-all so cool. I won't post any Performance photos on this thread because we're keeping on topic re. your request for young photos of Mick & Keith. We'd have to start separate threads for other types of pics, there's just so many!

Carolyn G

---------

I love that movie! I have not watched it since high school, so in my pre-concert count down I revisited it and I'm glad I did. Memo from Turner is one of my favorite songs. Mick definitely does have it both ways ha he is very lucky! He looks great either way. But yes you're right, Performance (was in 71 I think??) would definitely be straying from their younger days. I enjoy seeing pictures of them when they were near my age in their early 20s, and indeed, there are many of those and all the others!

Performance was actually in '68, but there is no Keith in it of course...

Date: May 21, 2015 08:26

Funny pic-looks like Keith's really telling Mick off or explaining something about the guitar ...one of several backstage photos I believe, from the MSG 1969 concerts.

Gotta love those outfits from those concerts- the metal ornamentation all down the sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 11:27 by tauk.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:37

Well have fun at the concert! Glad to hear you get to go.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:40

alieb
tauk

I don't know... he got/gets it blown out I think, but have you seen his interview in the Jimmy Hendrix documentary? Made me feel a lot better about myself hair-wise

No I haven't seen that one yet, but now I'm intrigued..I'll find it somewhere & watch it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2015 08:48

Does anyone know which aftershave Keith used here?

Date: May 21, 2015 08:49

brokecollegestudent re. Performance film
---------
I love that movie! I have not watched it since high school, so in my pre-concert count down I revisited it and I'm glad I did. Memo from Turner is one of my favorite songs. Mick definitely does have it both ways ha he is very lucky! He looks great either way. But yes you're right, [b

Performance (was in 71 I think??)[/b] would definitely be straying from their younger days. I enjoy seeing pictures of them when they were near my age in their early 20s, and indeed, there are many of those and all the others!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Performance was filmed in fall of 1968 but not ever released by Warner Brothers until a limited release in 1970. Has since gone on to become a cult classic & has gained respect over the years, somewhat, anyway. So Mick was 27 when they filmed it.

It's hard to find real early pics of just Mick & Keith I've noticed. At the very beginning of their career it seems like most of the photos were of all 5 Stones, not just Mick & Keith.

Date: May 21, 2015 08:54

Come On

[/quote

No I don't know, but I bet Mick knows smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:59

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 19:51

Is this young enough for all?

Date: May 23, 2015 00:12

To brokecollegestudent: so far I've focused more on giving pics that included both Mick & Keith, which were mainly late '06's or 70's photos. But you'd like younger photos, from the early '60's. So Mick was about EDIT 21 19 in 1962 when he & Keith, et al began their musical endeavors so any pics of him other than childhood pics aren't going to be from younger than age EDIT21-22 19-20.

However, I think you'll be amazed at seeing how very much younger than his real years Mick often looked back then. They all looked like such young kids! I do have some younger pics, especially of Mick that I'll add now.

I still don't know how to attach more than one photo per post so I'll have to just keep doing separarte posts.

Info I've read re. this pic says it was taken by Rolling Stone magazine 1965 when RS were on the road.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 07:35 by tauk.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:18

Such a clean, fresh faced look.

Young Mick. Unknown year/source.

If anyone knows info re. any photos I post I'd love to hear from you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 01:33 by tauk.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:25

I love this one-Mick multi-taking-is in such a hurry he has to walk & put on his show at the same time. Again, Mick rocking the Plaid like no one else can!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:25

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 23, 2015 00:33

Info I've seen re. this pic says Mick& Chrissie Shrimpton at a farm, announcing their engagement. I don't know the year but probably someone here knows what year they got engaged and when did they break up? Marianne F. of course followed, so this pic must be fairly early 1960's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 01:34 by tauk.

smiling smileyRe: Post your favorite photos of young Mick & Keith here
Date: May 23, 2015 00:38

BTW the hand gesture Mick's doing in the upper right photo is the "A-O.K." It's too blurry to see here but I've seen that pic somewhere else & it was clear then.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:41

Come On

it's micks guess as good as anyone's.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:44

My guess is Tennessee Old No.7

Date: May 23, 2015 00:56

Youngish Mick while they were still performing on those low small stages.

Don't you just love his high jumping while dancing...

Date: May 23, 2015 01:00

Info I've seen says 11 April 1965 performing on stage.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home