Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Grrrr deluxe box questions
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:22

Hi all I'm debating on getting the grrrr deluxe box set now I have the 3 cd set but I like the extras you get with the box set but I'm not too sure if its worth it or if I should buy something else stones related

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 06:57 by bv.

Re: help!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:23

I thought you want to discuss a Beatles song...................

Date: May 19, 2015 21:25

Haha nah that would be the wrong site :p

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:27

Buy something else. Or not. I can't decide either. grinning smiley

Date: May 19, 2015 21:29

I'm torn between grrr box set or the 1971 - 2007 singles box set

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:31

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 21:50 by Leonioid.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:33

How much are you going to spend? because if your close enough you can jump in the car and go to a Zip Code show (if already going to your closest add a show). You could do that for a couple hundred dollars.

Then come back and buy GRRR and everything else that is posted on here you wont regret it.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:36

I'm in London so would be quite pricey but I really hope they do more uk shows

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:38

I honestly don't see any incentive to buy Grrr. I own Forty Licks though.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 21:49 by Leonioid.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:44

philrock90

Sorry didn't know you were a Brit. So buy as much as you can. If you love the Stones you will love it all at some point. Just keep listening. Most of it is like a shot of liquor, instant gratification. The rest of is like fine wine, BETTER WITH AGE. Just like the Stones themselves.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:47

Well I'm also currently collecting cd singles of theirs from steel wheels onwards

Date: May 19, 2015 21:48

philrock90
Well I'm also currently collecting cd singles of theirs from steel wheels onwards
You know the YGMR Perfecto Remix already?

Date: May 19, 2015 21:51

I have one of the YGMR singles I think there was 2

Date: May 19, 2015 21:52

Yeah, but only one with lyrics. It's hilarious, soft 90s techno with an angry old man barking >grinning smiley<

Date: May 19, 2015 21:56

Oh dear I'll have to give that a listen lol I think I may go for just collecting the singles and I may get voodoo lounge on vinyl

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:56

No question.

I have both boxed sets.

Grrr!!! Offers you the 5 IBC demos as well as the 4 live tracks from Camden Theatre 1964. Both are widrly available on bootleg. The rest is the 'normal' tracks again, plus a poster and a book. Not worth it.

The Singles 1971-2006 are a great release. It contains every UK/US single release, with the exception of Too Much Blood 12". All in replica mini-sleeves and there are plenty of surprises in form of live tracks, b-sides and interesting remixes. I enjoy it.

Date: May 19, 2015 21:58

I'll see I always change my mind haha but I have the other single boxsets so that would complete the singles I guess lol

Date: May 19, 2015 22:06

Almost, yes. :-)
A couple of EU singlesc is missing, though. They are notchard to get.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:09

philrock90

Do you already have Sweet Summer Sun in your collection? A must have, especially if you are from London.

Date: May 19, 2015 22:10

Does anyone know what ones are exactly missing?

Date: May 19, 2015 22:11

RipThisBone
philrock90

Do you already have Sweet Summer Sun in your collection? A must have, especially if you are from London.

Yeah I have that on cd and DVD and blu ray lol

Date: May 20, 2015 03:10

philrock90

Too Much Blood (12" - Remixes)

Sad Sad Sad (b-side is Blinded By Love, only released outside UK and US).

Jumpin' Jack Flash (Flashpoint version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Tumbling Dice and Street Fighting Man, both tracks appear on the film Rolling Stones At The Max).

Wild Horses (Stripped version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Live With Me and Tumbling Dice. Both tracks appears on Rarities 1971-2003).

The Sexdrive single is included in the box, but 2 exlusive remixes were included on the version released outside the UK.

As you can see, it's not a big loss and essential tracks appears elsewhere.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 20, 2015 05:26

If you're planning to buy all the CD singles released since 1989, there's no much point in getting the Singles box set. Most of the "rare" tracks in this box set are actually the ones from the CD singles. Plus, listening to each 2-track CD one by one can become quite boring. Better to get the digital version IMO.

The GRRR deluxe box is quite interesting : IBC demos official CD, 1964 BBC sessions on a 7" vinyl, and maybe most important, the best track listing of the 3 versions (it includes She Said Yeah, Mother's Little Helper, Dandelion, You Got The Silver, Dance, You don't have to mean it, Blinded by Rainbows, Plundered My Soul among others...). You also get a nice book you can look at while listening to the CD's.

It's definitely overpriced but amazon uk has it at quite a nice price currently (about $135) : [www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: May 20, 2015 07:05

Blueranger
philrock90

Jumpin' Jack Flash (Flashpoint version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Tumbling Dice and Street Fighting Man, both tracks appear on the film Rolling Stones At The Max).

Wild Horses (Stripped version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Live With Me and Tumbling Dice. Both tracks appears on Rarities 1971-2003).

The Sexdrive single is included in the box, but 2 exlusive remixes were included on the version released outside the UK.

does the sex drive single on the box have the full version of the song? i think the song had the intro chopped off on later reissues of flashpoint

Re: Grrrr deluxe box questions
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:47

>Grrr!!! Offers you the 5 IBC demos as well as the 4 live tracks from Camden Theatre 1964. Both are widrly available on bootleg. The rest is the 'normal' tracks again

It also has two exclusive tracks, "One More Shot" and "Doom & Gloom".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:05

Great packaging too, I never tire of turning my head and seeing the monkey looking at me ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 20, 2015 13:02

kowalski
If you're planning to buy all the CD singles released since 1989, there's no much point in getting the Singles box set. Most of the "rare" tracks in this box set are actually the ones from the CD singles. Plus, listening to each 2-track CD one by one can become quite boring. Better to get the digital version IMO.

The GRRR deluxe box is quite interesting : IBC demos official CD, 1964 BBC sessions on a 7" vinyl, and maybe most important, the best track listing of the 3 versions (it includes She Said Yeah, Mother's Little Helper, Dandelion, You Got The Silver, Dance, You don't have to mean it, Blinded by Rainbows, Plundered My Soul among others...). You also get a nice book you can look at while listening to the CD's.

It's definitely overpriced but amazon uk has it at quite a nice price currently (about $135) : [www.amazon.co.uk]

Strongly disagree. The book is boring and the whole set it shortchangeing.
The tracks, besides the bonus features are the same as on all of the regular albums. The 3 disc edition is more than enough.

Date: May 20, 2015 13:03

keefriffhard4life
Blueranger
philrock90

does the sex drive single on the box have the full version of the song? i think the song had the intro chopped off on later reissues of flashpoint

No, it's the single edit.
The 2009 edition has the original full length version.
The 1998 edition had an edit of the Club Version.

Date: May 20, 2015 13:04

Glam Descendant
>Grrr!!! Offers you the 5 IBC demos as well as the 4 live tracks from Camden Theatre 1964. Both are widrly available on bootleg. The rest is the 'normal' tracks again

It also has two exclusive tracks, "One More Shot" and "Doom & Gloom".

Of course, but so did the normal edition as well.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home