Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: what was the 1st stones show u saw when and where
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:16

Do I have a Déjà vu...........

1973 Rotterdam first show on Sunday...if I'm right

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:18

August 31 1989 Vet Stadium Philly

The show that launched the second half of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:01

Dallas, October 31, 1981. Incredible downpur, She was not only hot, She was wet!

No encore so no Satisfaction. Had to go back the next day, Sunday, November 1, 1981. Awesome weather. Total Satisfaction....fireworks....Hendrix.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:41

25 September 1973, Bern, Switzerland

and the second show was

26 September 1973 (second show), Bern Switzerland

resotele

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:52

Nice, South of france in 82 in the old stade.. kinda made me a different person. cool smiley

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:11

la colesium....october 81...prince getting booed off stage and bill graham chastising crowd show...

Date: May 19, 2015 23:23

Blue Boy
Dallas, October 31, 1981. Incredible downpur, She was not only hot, She was wet!

No encore so no Satisfaction. Had to go back the next day, Sunday, November 1, 1981. Awesome weather. Total Satisfaction....fireworks....Hendrix.

I was there also. Both shows and my first and 2nd show. Fabulous Thunderbirds, ZZ Top the Stones. Remember when it was pouring down rain Mick would lay down and the stage and roll down the ramp. Went on to see them at the Super Dome in New Orleans first part of December. Been hooked ever since!

I was sitting in the parking lot at my High School. Radio Station had huge concert announcement at 8:00 AM. Everyone knew it was the Stones. Just no one knew where the tickets were going to go on sale at. They announced on sale at the old Texas Stadium in Irving Texas. When announced I was off and on my way. When I got there cars were pulled off to the side of the highways. People running to get in line leaving their car doors open. It was a crazy scene. Helicopters the works. Tickets $22.50 each. I was a 16 year old kid. Walked up to the front of the line told the guy there if you get me two tickets I will buy yours! He did. Got Lower Level Side Seats. To me best in the stadium! Oh what memories.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:41

tour opening Philadelphia sept 25,26 1981

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:48

Clearwater, Florida May 6, 1965.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:54

November 1, 1997 - Texas Motor Speedway - Fort Worth, TX. I was 17 at the time, and I was still discovering a lot of The Stones stuff, but they were already one of my favorite bands. I forget what the deal was exactly, but I think all the tickets started out as general admission, then right before the show they decided to do assigned seats. So you had to show up the day of the show to trade in your GA tickets for an assigned seat. Since I lived 10 miles up the road from the place we just went up there first thing in the morning and got 12th row. It's still my favorite concert ever. I heard Star Star for the first time that night which was cool, and a little surprising.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:01

Chalk Farm Roundhouse London, March 1971

Posted by: django ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:03

Munich, June 10, 1982 - the hottest day of the year, great concert, unforgettable (also the party after the show)

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:37

1989, Chicago.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:42

Jfk, sept 25th, 1981

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:25

September 16, 1989, Raleigh, NC

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: May 20, 2015 05:26

July 6th 1975 Cotton Bowl Dallas Texas. About 95 to 100 degree heat. Openers were The Ronnie Montrose Band, Trapeze, Eagles (original line up) then our boys open with Honky Tonk Women during the encore of Street Fighting Man Mick hosed the RED HOT crowd down you could hear a loud roar of Ahh's down front. Now 81 totally a different scene.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:10

July 1975 IU Assembly Hall, Bloomington, IN

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:50

1981 - Rosemont Horizon - Chicago

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:54

July 10, 1975, LA Forum.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:03

stanlove
Keef551
1978 Anaheim Stadium. Shoe throwing show. Mick was riding a big nasty crowd. Multiparty fight started at the top of the highest stands behind home plate and tumbled down the steps while 60,000 stoned Cali loadies cheered. Slept out all night on the parking lot the night before. Recall the girl in drink line falling flat on her back and convulsing. Good times.

I have never understood and have actually been annoyed at people who think because you go to a concert it means you have to get drunk or high. WHY? Back in the day I drank a lot but not in that setting and didn't see the reason for it, found people like that annoying and usually jerks. Hey I think I will spend a lot of money on a concert I want to see and then drink and get high and hang out for 8 hours and not even know whats going on..Idiots.

Now if you want to go to the neighborhood bar and get drunk and walk home then I am in. I remember being at a Dead concert once and it looked like the girl in front of me was so messed up that she was actually banging her head against the railing when her head would bob. After about 20 minutes she turned around and her head was one great big red welt, I remember thinking gee sounds like a good time and you only have 4 hours to go and you have to make it to your car and then get home. Good thinking.

You have no idea how many times I hear from people now, usually friends, who say "I saw (fill in the band) at (fill in the arena) in (fill in the year). I was so wasted." Nothing about the music or how good it was, it was all about the drugs and how wasted they were and how high they got in the parking lot.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:34

Actually, I WAS pretty high at my second Stones show, November '69 at the LA Forum. We smoked a great deal of pot before and during the show. But I have clear, vivid recollections of the concert and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
(My first was '66 at the Hollywood Bowl)

Posted by: sir sweden ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:51

Saturday 4th August 1990.
Sweden - Göteborg - Eriksbergsvarvet
The Urban Jungle European Tour

.. and I will never ever forget it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 08:52 by sir sweden.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:35

voodoo lounge Brisbane Australia

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: raves ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:51

Vienna, Austria, September 27 1970

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 20, 2015 10:28

Stuttgart, Neckarstadion, 19 June 1976

(then

Munich, June 10, 1982 - the hottest day of the year, great concert, unforgettable (in the words of Django but correct))

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:15

NEWMAN
25 years and 1 day ago in Rotterdam.

Yup! May 18... Start of the European tour, that was... right?
I remember the were doing a 3-day stint, in Rotterdam.
I only went to the opening night.

btw: that was my first Stones' concert too. cool smiley

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:25

stanlove
[www.youtube.com]

Awful show. They redeemed themselves big time when I next saw them in Toronto in 1989.

Rich Stadium, Orchard Park NY Sept 27/81 was my first show too. While I understand why anyone would say "awful show", due to the troubles the band had trying to get things in gear in the first half of the show on a very windy Sunday afternoon, I maintain that the second half of the show saw the Stones overcome the elements and put it in gear. It probably started with "Tumbling Dice". As the set climaxed, I think they sounded pretty good on "All Down The Line" and "Brown Sugar". The set list was an interesting one - "Down The Road Apiece", "Tops" and "Street Fighting Man". Never forget Keith following Mick out on the stage-left ramp during "Jumping Jack Flash" and a fan throwing a leather jacket at Keith's feet. I also saw them in Toronto in 1989 - the first night at the CNE - but the 1981 show in Orchard Park was the real Stones - the five plus Stu and Mac. Yes they were ragged in a way the 1989 juggernaut would never allow but I think I'd take ragged 1981 over the strict arrangements of 1989.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:21

25 august 1990 at Wembley i think so that would've been the last gig with Bill.
It was my first "big" gig experience. it wasn't all that great but i do remember Midnight Rambler really kicking off at one point and thinking "wow this is why all these people came, we just got a glimmer of what these guys were".
The rest of it was the usual hits with maybe a couple from Steel Wheels. I'm pretty certain they did 2000 Light Years as well. Can't remember whether it was any good or not but that would've been on my request list.
Strange to think that was 25 years ago.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:02

October 1, 2005 - Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey PA. Only my second concert ever. Then it would be a long 7 years until I saw them again!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:04

Berlin Waldbühne September 1965.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home