Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith levitates...Have you?
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:39

Keith has said on many occasions that he feels like he is levitating. I have felt that way many times watching the Stones. One time that comes to mind was at the National Car Rental Centre (Fort Lauderdale '99 NO SECURITY). I was eye level with Mick and Keith two rows back on the B-Stage. They played Midnight Rambler. I thought I was going to hyperventilate!!! Anyone else have any NATURAL levitational experiences while watching the Stones?

Re: Keith levitates...Have you?
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:48

Yes, back in '69 when . . . oh, you said "NATURAL" levitational experiences. Never mind . . .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:53

I can't levitate but I managed to walk on water once.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 18, 2015 01:02

I once was sitting on a window ledge shortly after ingesting some white powder and I shot up in the air about 2 or 3 feet and hit my head on the top of the window frame.

Nate

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2015 01:07

Was it Rinso or Ajax ?

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2015 01:08

These are great responses. I'm sure we have all had numerous chemically induced levitations. How about while watching the Stones. Needless to say that most of us are usually reality challenged while at a Rolling Stones show. How about some real experiences about the music and performances.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 01:32

No levitation per se but plenty of spine tingling moments of exhilaration. Mostly when the opening song starts and I'm picking up on the excitement of the crowd around me. Several other memorable moments, usually at the start of tunes I'm not expecting, like when they did 2000 Light Years From Home in LA on the Steel Wheels tour.

The weirdest experience I had concerning Stones was when I was rehearsing in a very small room, playing Dead Flowers. Just me and a female violin player, I think I was playing mandolin. At one point both instruments and both vocals combined in a way and created this shock wave that slammed us both in the middle of the forehead, actually knocked us back! It was the strangest thing to experience something so physical obviously created by the music. I can only imagine we his some kind of resonate frequency in that small space that ramped up to create the force. Why it seemed to only hit us in the forehead I couldn't begin to guess, but it was certainly a magical moment.

peace

Date: May 18, 2015 01:45

Fantastic, Naturalust. I first saw SW/UJ in the Orange Bowl in Miami. 2000LYFH was definitely a favorite of mine during that tour. Anyone else?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:21

of course, I am doing it right now

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:10

Keith does not levitate. You should change your subject title since it's wrong and misleading.

Re: Keith says he feels like he levitates
Date: May 18, 2015 05:46

I was asked to change the thread title. Now has anyone else felt inspired by any performance of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:08

I have a body part that levitates...does that count?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:33

onlystones
Keith has said on many occasions that he feels like he is levitating. I have felt that way many times watching the Stones. One time that comes to mind was at the National Car Rental Centre (Fort Lauderdale '99 NO SECURITY). I was eye level with Mick and Keith two rows back on the B-Stage. They played Midnight Rambler. I thought I was going to hyperventilate!!! Anyone else have any NATURAL levitational experiences while watching the Stones?

Midnight Rambler as the opening song at The Enmore Theatre Licks show in Sydney.......just outta this world! I surely were flyin'

Date: May 18, 2015 13:38

keith has levitated too many times....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home