Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Opening Acts?
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:55

did I miss something here? Can someone point me to a thread? Are they really going to do stadia with no support? Didn't they have openers in Europe last year?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 01:56 by mnewman505.

Re: Opening Acts?
Date: May 7, 2015 02:54

In the U.S. for 2013, there were no supporting acts other than the classic rock tunes blasting from the PA system. Not sure about Europe or 2015, though...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 7, 2015 08:33

There were opening acts in Europe, and for the outdoor shows in Aus/NZ.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 7, 2015 09:00

Mick Taylor?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 7, 2015 09:11

For a stadium show I would expect some openers, unless of course the Stones are gonna play some nice long 3 hours sets which would be friggin' GREAT, but I don't see them pulling it off in the outdoor heat and humidity of the venues on this tour.

There is another thread which basically has no information, a bit of speculation, I expect this thread will be merged into it very soon.

peace

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 7, 2015 11:08

I would think they'd have to announce the opener(s) pretty soon if there are any - we're just over 3 weeks from the opening night.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 7, 2015 11:42

I'd like to order an Alalbama Shake please....lol

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 7, 2015 12:07

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers feat. Mick Taylor, Eric Clapton, Stevie Winwood and Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart would be some opening act...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 7, 2015 15:43

dont need them , waste of time .

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 7, 2015 16:30

The Temperance Movement was touring the US. Don't know if they still are.

I thought these guys were great openers in my several Euro concerts. It'd be nice to catch them again.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 7, 2015 16:48

Motorhead would be cool

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 7, 2015 16:57

GNR

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 7, 2015 17:05

North Mississippi Allstars!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 7, 2015 17:10

Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 7, 2015 17:23

Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters!

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: May 7, 2015 17:26

Rather see the band play a couple of hour and a half so sets.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:00

I assume a lot of these shows will be subject to 11:00 PM noise ordinances (unless promoters and Stones threw some weight around, which is conceivable). Usually The Stones allow their openers a good hour long set, so with turn around time, that means maybe 90 minutes for The Stones with openers, so I suspect we won't have them. Hoping for a return to 2 1/2 hour sets by the Stones, with 23 - 25 songs. It's probably too much to hope for, but other artists their age do manage to play longer than 1:45 or 2:00. I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:24

josepi
This would be the only band I would care to see be as an opener on this tour, that thing they do is great.

Besides that, I have made an art form of skipping (done my best to skip) every opening act at every Stones show I have been to in the last 20 years. We dont need no stinkin badgers.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:29

Leonioid
josepi
This would be the only band I would care to see be as an opener on this tour, that thing they do is great.

Besides that, I have made an art form of skipping (done my best to skip) every opening act at every Stones show I have been to in the last 20 years. We dont need no stinkin badgers.

That's easy to do considering the 1 hour & 15 minute break between acts as often the case at Stones shows

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:51

Maindefender
I'd like to order an Alalbama Shake please....lol

If you're going to the Nashville show, it seems a possibility. They are playing nearby before heading to Europe.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home