Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith Richards interview Rolling Stone, April 9
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 10, 2015 13:13

Seems like the solo album will be released in 2016, i think.
if they tour in South America, Keefs album will be postponed.

By the way, indeed a low remark from keith about Mick Taylors ..sickness.

But who are we to say, what indeed was said, and what the truth is.

jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2015 13:18

They don't know everything. South America have been in their plans for a year or so, but has been pushed forward. So the money people i.e. those who offer tour suggestions and do all the maths and the income stuff and security stuff and banking guarantees and so on try to work it out. So they tell Mick and Keith and probably Charlie and Ronnie too there are options. That is why Mick says "lots of talks", while Keith does not care that much about the details - good to be anywhere - so he knows September is clear and mid Oct to Mid Dec is locked for MAY be South America but still no contract signed.

When you are 70+ years old and you have the entire world asking you to perform in their cities, you don't yeally need to line up the rest of your life with a lot of signed deals and commitments. They do this quarter to quarter. Australia was an exception because there was a delay - postponed.

I think they just have a lot of plans, they talk, they don't decide or sign anything until after the next thing is done. Now the next think is ZIP CODE. Then they might do this, on the wish list:

- New album (takes some months)
- Keith solo album (takes a week to promote for Keith)
- South America Tour (takes Oct-Dec)
- New European Tour (next year if they wish)
- Las Vegas, LA, NYC, Chi big cities (dream on)
- Japan new tour (they have lots of demand there now)
- Mick solo album (Mick would get another "dogshit" comment from Keith)

Or simply carry on with the easy life in Turks & Caico, Moustique, Connecticut, London, Barcelona, and wherever they feel like resting with their familes.

We take these guys for granted. Some fans demand them to give up life and just perform every city on this planet for ages. And release new albums, and have a ten years plan lined up like theye were the former Soviet Union or something with a long term plan. Face the facts, they do everything by a quarter of the year these days. Beyond that, everything is "may be" and "who knows".

My late father in law used to say this : See you tomorrow, if I live that long. That is if he wake up next morning. He had a practical way of living, but he was 90+ ...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 10, 2015 14:05

DandelionPowderman

He also lives in another country, uses a fax (or letters) to communicate and probably isn't as hands on as Mick...

A lot of allowances being made for Keith not bothering to use a fax or a phone (or a messenger pigeon or any other means of communication that is available to him) before saying something to the press that is untrue.

Date: April 10, 2015 14:46

Chacal
DandelionPowderman

He also lives in another country, uses a fax (or letters) to communicate and probably isn't as hands on as Mick...

A lot of allowances being made for Keith not bothering to use a fax or a phone (or a messenger pigeon or any other means of communication that is available to him) before saying something to the press that is untrue.

smiling smiley

Another question: Why didn't the magazine or the podcaster bother to talk to Ronnie Wood, who recently played with Taylor?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 10, 2015 15:15

Apparently johnny is or was in "rehab".
Wikipedia:
On March 10, 2015, Depp was injured while on set and had to be flown back to the United States for surgery.[50][51] However, by late March it was revealed that problems were much more severe than a broken wrist, Depp spent his time back in the US in an "at home rehab program" for alcohol problems after family members and Disney executives pushed him into seeking help for his problems. He reportedly broke his wrist after a "wild weekend bender" and "hit a glass door." This had apparently been affecting production on set, with Depp showing up late. Disney executives confirmed that the film will not be delayed and it will be made with Depp.[52][53] However, filming stalled completely and 400 crew members were forced to stand down for two weeks as they had done all they had been able to without Depp. Filming will resume on April 15.[54]

No mention of Keith being part of the cast.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 10, 2015 15:42

As usual Keith is Clueless as to what The Stones will do,they just call him, tell him to play such and such numbers and good luck,obviously Mick and Chuck are the ones behind the music..Sad...

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:01

ROPS
As usual Keith is Clueless as to what The Stones will do,they just call him, tell him to play such and such numbers and good luck,obviously Mick and Chuck are the ones behind the music..Sad...

It's worked for 50+ years so why start now…haha

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:07

I don't think Keith is clueless...it's only a promotional interview, after all.

Re: Keith new solo cd in september
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:33

DandelionPowderman
Very, very interesting. WHY is Keith believing Taylor is sick?

For the same reason he knows he didn't record on Plundered?

Date: April 10, 2015 16:33

I was approached by a personal friend of a certain someone in the band I'm now accused of not believing Mick Taylor is ill!

This is enough – talk about shooting the piano player – I won't participate in ANY debate about illness, pr, drama queens, Mick Taylor etc etc from now on.

Not that this means anything, but you know why anyway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 16:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:38

nightskyman
I don't think Keith is clueless...it's only a promotional interview, after all.

it is the most short answered interview of keith in the last 40 years

Re: Keith new solo cd in september
Date: April 10, 2015 16:38

24FPS
"Like to see how far the Stones evolve." Evolve? They've been de-volving the last 25 years. I hope he's not so delusional he thinks they're getting better.

"Charlie gets better and better." What? I love Charlie but he peaked on the No Security Tour and the dynamite in his sticks is gone.

Keith is either out of it, or intentionally evasive and is just along for the ride. And that money. All that money.

I'm sure he'd toss over his solo album if a lucrative South American tour opened up for the fall. Hasn't he already pushed that completed album back a couple times already?

No man! Didn't you read what he said!? It was "just done".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:12

nightskyman
it's only a promotional interview, after all.

Yeah it's been a loooooong time since a journo sat down with him a whole afternoon and explored topics thoroughly. I remember a 2002/2003 20 page interview in a US guitar mag where he discussed the Stones greatest songs in great detail. thumbs up

A 20-minute "chat" by phone with a nobody? Keef must think he's talking to the milkman... >grinning smiley< "Ya know mate, Taylor's got diarrhea. So he won't join us on tour... ARRR ARRR ARRR! (cough cough cough)"

Date: April 10, 2015 17:28

Father Ted
He sounds very non-committal about playing all of SF. We'll see whether that happens, or not.

I think he means "how long the Stones will last" when he talks about the band evolving/seeing how far it goes. No one expects them to do a rock-jazz-funk triple CD for their next album.

What next album?!!?

Date: April 10, 2015 17:33

Keith does not have to be always brilliant, witty, bright, deep. He doesn´t have to prove anything. But...in any case, this interview leaves a bitter sweet taste.
A mix of lack of interest, on autopilot mode, phisical fatigue, mental exhaustion and may be a hidden desire for stopping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 17:35 by emotionalbarbecue.

Date: April 10, 2015 17:34

I don't see the big deal of why Taylor isn't on this or any future tour. After all, it was Keith that said 'why not' for the 50 & Counting tour, have a party etc. Nothing was said about him being permanent.

That tour's finally over. So back to normal.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:58

DandelionPowderman
I was approached by a personal friend of a certain someone in the band I'm now accused of not believing Mick Taylor is ill!

This is enough – talk about shooting the piano player – I won't participate in ANY debate about illness, pr, drama queens, Mick Taylor etc etc from now on.

Eh?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:07

So a friend of Keith who reads IORR got on your case because you don't believe what Keith said about Taylor being ill? Indeed how could you ever doubt that Keith is not on top of things, like that's never happened before ;-) Now I wonder who that could be, hehe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:30

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

So a friend of Jagger accused you of not believing that Taylor is ill, Dandy? Is that what you're trying to say? Wow, that's a capital crime indeed. Time to hide away Dandy in order to avoid proper punishment. smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:38

LOL this is amazing

Date: April 10, 2015 22:50

kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

So a friend of Jagger accused you of not believing that Taylor is ill, Dandy? Is that what you're trying to say? Wow, that's a capital crime indeed. Time to hide away Dandy in order to avoid proper punishment. smiling smiley

A friend of Keith's.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:07

Stoneburst
LOL this is amazing
Busiest day on this site since Brian quit.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:16

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

A friend of Keith's.

Hoping you can develop some thicker skin on this one bro. Say what you want without caring what singular posters think about it. I appreciate your comments and the last thing we need here is posters like yourself being intimidated to modify or limit their contributions.

I get the feeling kleerie just gets a big smile when people try to gut him. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:36

man, you people rolling stones fans? mick always heads up plans. keith never knows anything regarding plans.

disinterested answers to unimaginative questions for a mandatory rolling stone interview that sounds like it was done at the end of the day.

as far as keith is concerned they are doing what they've done since nov.2012. playing some shows. if mick taylor is at rehearsals in LA, then keith will think about him.

keith don't know this, don't know that, doesn't face reality. the reality is mick taylor wasn't that great. he also quit in 1974. bill was right, you can't go back.

Date: April 10, 2015 23:49

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

A friend of Keith's.

Hoping you can develop some thicker skin on this one bro. Say what you want without caring what singular posters think about it. I appreciate your comments and the last thing we need here is posters like yourself being intimidated to modify or limit their contributions.

I get the feeling kleerie just gets a big smile when people try to gut him. grinning smiley

peace

As long as it's limited to "try". smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2015 23:51

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

A friend of Keith's.

Dandy, were you really shown the blade?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:53

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Eh?

A friend of Keith's.

Dandy, were you really shown the blade?
worse yet Mick's "Cowboy voice."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:55

DandelionPowderman

eye popping smiley

Sorry to hear that, my friend. This whole thing is so confusing, I really don't know what to think about anything...

- Doxa

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:02

People going all berzerk about Keiths latest interview.
Amazing how nothing in the world really changes.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:25

Keith is now at a stage in his life, where he probably enjoys spending quality time with his loved ones, he has worked hard and deserves it. This style of touring suits him and the rest of the band. His record will come out when it suits his schedule. We all know that the Stones are Mick's show, but this might suit him as he gets paid really well without the business side pressure which has never been Keith's thing. We all crave for the greatness of their creative past and for a late masterpiece, but this might not happen as the magic of the glimmer's writing relationship has gone (I hope I am wrong). Maybe our expections from Keith and the rest of the band are impossibly high but that is understandable as we all love the band so much. In Regards to Taylor gate I do not have a f*****g clue>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home