Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Keith Richards talking to RollingStone.com : New solo cd in September
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:05

latebloomer
Not much news here? Oh well...Keith still looks like the coolest grandaddy of rock and roll. smoking smiley

Yeah cool pic bloomer but to Keith...."get your friggin' shoes off the furniture!"

peace

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:07

I guess I should start a "Get Well Mick Taylor" thread, per Keith's "statement". Stay away from coconut trees and ladders, Keith.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:18

Naturalust
latebloomer
Not much news here? Oh well...Keith still looks like the coolest grandaddy of rock and roll. smoking smiley

Yeah cool pic bloomer but to Keith...."get your friggin' shoes off the furniture!"

peace

Fussy, fussy...he can put his feet up on my couch any ole time. Besides, that couch looks likes it's about as old as Keith.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:21

Mick Taylor looking extremely well at the Peter Perrett gig @ Rough Trade West (London) tonight ...

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:41

Wouldn't surprise me if he is sick, and wouldn't surprise me if he just annoyed them, especially Mick, on the last tour...or they may have decided that they went this long without him and maybe the like playing better without him on stage, of maybe offstage he doesn't click with everyone, and this is one tight knit family on the road. Could also be all of the above, but not matter what it is, I'm pretty certain it was you know who's decision.

Some one stopped them from letting the Lion out of the cage on the last tour...

I almost cried when I saw him sneak on stage with an acoustic guitar no one could hear in San Jose during the encore.

Date: April 10, 2015 02:45

latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

Fussy, fussy...he can put his feet up on my couch any ole time. Besides, that couch looks likes it's about as old as Keith.

But haven't you heard....he's got the desert in his toenails and shit on his shoes....smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:53

treaclefingers

NOW THAT, is awkward. Rolling Stone going out of their way to discredit Keith's comments.

I wonder what Keith thinks?

Fact-checking 101. Unfortunately, RS got themselves in a spot of bother recently over their failure to verify.

Keith was caught lying, doesn't matter what he thinks.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:53

so that's why he's scraping it.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:08

"The Truth is overrated" - Paul Westerberg

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:11

johnnythunders
Mick Taylor looking extremely well at the Peter Perrett gig @ Rough Trade West (London) tonight ...

Yeah, but how did Peter look?

Date: April 10, 2015 03:40

DeanGoodman

He was probably just caught being clueless about something some of us think is important. Relying on others for his information as he has probably done for a long, long time now. I mean he hasn't talked to his "close" friend Johnny Depp in over 2 years and is obviously relying on Mick and others for basic tour information. I find it a bit disheartening that he hasn't called Taylor to find out what's up with him but since they haven't been close friends for many years, not unbelievable or even unexpected.

peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:46

bleedingman
"The Truth is overrated" - Paul Westerberg

Funny. I just met Paul half an hour ago.

Date: April 10, 2015 03:53

Naturalust
DeanGoodman

He was probably just caught being clueless about something some of us think is important. Relying on others for his information as he has probably done for a long, long time now. I mean he hasn't talked to his "close" friend Johnny Depp in over 2 years and is obviously relying on Mick and others for basic tour information. I find it a bit disheartening that he hasn't called Taylor to find out what's up with him but since they haven't been close friends for many years, not unbelievable or even unexpected.

peace

Just saw this Keith quote on AP, which supports your thesis. Keith really has no idea. Or does he?

"I hear South America is on the cards somewhere around October, November, so we ain't stopping yet," he said.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 10, 2015 05:36

My take is Mick fumbled with his answer as if there was more to the story than he felt should be shared. Keith, who is seemingly not diplomatic, comes out and
says he has heard Mick Taylor was sick. Unfortunately, I think the truth is in
the Keith comment at least this is what he was told. Hope this is not the case though. I don't think Keith would make such a comment if he did not believe it
To be true.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2015 05:44

DeanGoodman
treaclefingers

NOW THAT, is awkward. Rolling Stone going out of their way to discredit Keith's comments.

I wonder what Keith thinks?

Fact-checking 101. Unfortunately, RS got themselves in a spot of bother recently over their failure to verify.

Exceptionally good point...however I'd wager the only reason why they even fact checked is because someone pointed it out after they published online, as it looks like they added the MT disclaimer after the fact.

Posted by: MidnightPeanut ()
Date: April 10, 2015 07:20

Reading this interview made me think of Guy Peellaert's Rock Dreams for the first time in decades. "And then there was one"

Where did the mighty warrior Keith go? Hell, compared to Dylan's recent interview... this was passionless and weary sounding to say the least.

Nothing can every diminish the legacy of this man, God bless him, but this is hard to watch.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2015 07:27

As absurd as it may seem to exclude MT from RS stage for doing drugs I can respect the decision if this is true. MJ has a stage full of worries not the least of them the prospect of other members slipping backwards. He exhibited some tough love to get the anniversary on track and if MT has betrayed a trust then he obviously doesn't want this badly enough. Perhaps a kick in the butt like this may contain the solution. The tour is still months away, meanwhile this seems to be the dominant story for this US leg let's hope for a happy ending

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 07:28 by DoomandGloom.

Date: April 10, 2015 08:30

Why do you think Keith is lying, Dean? You remember Mick's answer to the very same question? "He's got, um, ah, no, he's not in"...

Date: April 10, 2015 08:48

DandelionPowderman
Why do you think Keith is lying, Dean? You remember Mick's answer to the very same question? "He's got, um, ah, no, he's not in"...

Mick Taylor's alleged health problems (which MJ never mentioned).

Unless they're being very diplomatic and not telling us the truth for a very good reason to spare MT embarrassment (and making a hash of it by giving mixed messages).

Anyway, it seems Keith did this interview at the end of a long day and/or was multi-tasking and distracted. He is certainly not his usual, fun self. The break-up with Johnny Depp is the most interesting nugget (and good news).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2015 09:15

johnnythunders

Good news, if you have pics can you post them in the MT topic? I just read the latest messages over there and the way things are going they're about to write him off as a drunken substance abusing derelict over there!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 11:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 10, 2015 11:04

latebloomer
Naturalust
latebloomer

peace

"We put our feet anywhere, man..."

Date: April 10, 2015 11:05

DeanGoodman
DandelionPowderman

Mick Taylor's alleged health problems (which MJ never mentioned).

Unless they're being very diplomatic and not telling us the truth for a very good reason to spare MT embarrassment (and making a hash of it by giving mixed messages).

Anyway, it seems Keith did this interview at the end of a long day and/or was multi-tasking and distracted. He is certainly not his usual, fun self. The break-up with Johnny Depp is the most interesting nugget (and good news).

It's true that he didn't mention it directly, but his answer (see above) was pretty close. "He's got..."

Re: Keith Richards interview Rolling Stone, April 9
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:06

Keith frequently uses "I hear [whatever it may be]" as a turn of phrase when he's asked questions. It's just a way of being vague and non-committal for whatever reason. For anyone choosing to take it more literally, it could just as easily mean hearing from the horse's mouth as from a third party.

Date: April 10, 2015 12:10

Beast
Keith frequently uses "I hear [whatever it may be]" as a turn of phrase when he's asked questions. It's just a way of being vague and non-committal for whatever reason. For anyone choosing to take it more literally, it could just as easily mean hearing from the horse's mouth as from a third party.

He also lives in another country, uses a fax (or letters) to communicate and probably isn't as hands on as Mick...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:23

All of the above, though I think the fax thing may now well have entered the realm of myth. So few people now have fax machines that he'd be hard pressed to find anyone to send a fax to!

Date: April 10, 2015 12:32

Beast
All of the above, though I think the fax thing may now well have entered the realm of myth. So few people now have fax machines that he'd be hard pressed to find anyone to send a fax to!

LOL! Exactly, although Teddy insisted he still uses fax to communicate grinning smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:44

He sounds very non-committal about playing all of SF. We'll see whether that happens, or not.

I think he means "how long the Stones will last" when he talks about the band evolving/seeing how far it goes. No one expects them to do a rock-jazz-funk triple CD for their next album.

Date: April 10, 2015 12:48

Father Ted
He sounds very non-committal about playing all of SF. We'll see whether that happens, or not.

I think he means "how long the Stones will last" when he talks about the band evolving/seeing how far it goes. No one expects them to do a rock-jazz-funk triple CD for their next album.

Rehearsing Moonlight Mile at home, and offering a live snippet for the reporter, sounds non-committal? smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 10, 2015 13:00

DandelionPowderman
Father Ted

Rehearsing Moonlight Mile at home, and offering a live snippet for the reporter, sounds non-committal? smiling smiley

That's a sarcastic KR joke "you want me to play MM for you right now?".
I'd love to hear the lesser-played SF tracks but with a set list of <20 tracks and
a large crowd to please, well, we both know how it pans out...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 10, 2015 13:04

Father Ted

I heard it was a quad: you forgot the blues disc. Oh baby!!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home