Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith Richards interview Rolling Stone, April 9
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:14

Keith Richards : New solo cd in September

[www.rollingstone.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 08:30 by bv.

Re: Keith new solo cd in september
Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:21

Thanks for the info, **please** tour Keith smiling smiley

Date: April 9, 2015 19:25

Very, very interesting. WHY is Keith believing Taylor is sick?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:25

Glib soundbites and the occasional lie. Shocking!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:33

Keith really sounds like an employee...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:41

Taylor is not sick. To have Keith insinuate this as the reason he won't be with them is pretty low, in my opinion, unless he truly believes it.

Date: April 9, 2015 19:44

71Tele
Taylor is not sick. To have Keith insinuate this as the reason he won't be with them is pretty low, in my opinion, unless he truly believes it.

It's even lower that someone obviously told him this..

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:45

Looking forward to the solo album. I just get the sense that they are all getting to the point that they will quietly put the Stones machine to bed so they can focus on other things.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:48

Quiet? You call this cacophony quiet?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:53

It is very low of Keith to say that about Taylor. Pretty spineless too, typical. Also seems like Keith and Johnny have had a falling out?? No more talk of documentary... "I haven't seen Johnny for a few years..." very weird. Sad though about Mick T, but not surprising. To do Sticky Fingers with Mick Taylor would have meant Mick T would have been expected on every song. That might not have gone down well with Ronnie.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:54

mr edward

By all accounts he's been one since 1989...hasn't been a bad ride for him though, so...

Not sure he can tour behind that album but he should definitely get Taylor on stage with him if he does! Keith/Wachtel/Taylor, how cool would that be!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 20:00 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:54

71Tele
How do you know that Taylor isn't sick? Do you know him personally?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:57

mr edward

Well put Mr. Edward! One who has "no vision or demands" for/from The Rolling Stones. What a far cry from the Keith who's musical vision drove the Stones for so many years. I'm not surprised really, he's an old man who has done and seen it all and now happily supports "Mick's business" because all he has to do is show up, play guitar and get extremely well paid for it.

The solo record release date of September makes me think this tour won't be extended to South America.

Not sure what to think about his MT comments. Twice he indicates Taylor is unwell but since he doesn't seem to be in the loop about many other details, I get the feeling it's something like Mick told his people who told Jane Rose, and Jane Rose told Keith and unfortunately Keith hasn't bothered to give Taylor a call and find out for himself. Can't blame RS in this case...excellent follow up question.

peace

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:01

toomuchforme
[www.rollingstone.com]

Many thanks for the link. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:33

Munichhilton

hmmm...I like it.

This cacophony sounds just like a symphony.

Date: April 9, 2015 20:33

Boognish
71Tele

There was that one time in college.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:44

"Like to see how far the Stones evolve." Evolve? They've been de-volving the last 25 years. I hope he's not so delusional he thinks they're getting better.

"Charlie gets better and better." What? I love Charlie but he peaked on the No Security Tour and the dynamite in his sticks is gone.

Keith is either out of it, or intentionally evasive and is just along for the ride. And that money. All that money.

I'm sure he'd toss over his solo album if a lucrative South American tour opened up for the fall. Hasn't he already pushed that completed album back a couple times already?

Date: April 9, 2015 20:48

Boognish
71Tele

OK, reasonable question. No, I don't know him personally. But Taylor himself has denied being sick. Jagger said nothing about him being sick. I was told that the reason Taylor was not invited has nothing to do with his health and I trust the information and source. So...do I "know"? OK, not beyond all possible doubt, but I conclude from all the evidence available that it is very unlikely to be the case. I hope that is an acceptable explanation of my comments.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:56

Not surprised the interview is being torn apart here but methinks it's all much ado about nothing. Keith has his go-to lines just like Mick does. What's he going to say: "We're a bunch of old dudes that like to gig and get paid"?? If Keith has hopes of having his band "evolve" (whatever that word means to him) then fine let him think that.

It's clear now that all these interviews that have come up in the last few days were all done in the same day with Mick and Keith making calls down the list of the journalists they needed to speak to for promotion. A ten minute interview to promote a tour isn't going to get them to dig deep for any response. They have their "soundbite hats" on and are firing away with quick go-to answers to satisfy the ten minutes and then move on to the next one.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:00

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

hmmm...I like it.

Well I guess we agree on the phony part...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:11

71Tele
But Taylor himself has denied being sick. Jagger said nothing about him being sick.

When and where did he deny that? And Jagger seems to start to say something but caught himself and chose a more canned answer. Still not convinced we've heard anything except second hand information from Taylor. Representatives, girlfriends, webmasters, FB page administrators, whatever....waiting for MT to speak for himself for a change.

peace

Date: April 9, 2015 21:18

Naturalust
71Tele
But Taylor himself has denied being sick. Jagger said nothing about him being sick.

When and where did he deny that? And Jagger seems to start to say something but caught himself and chose a more canned answer. Still not convinced we've heard anything except second hand information from Taylor. Representatives, girlfriends, webmasters, FB page administrators, whatever....waiting for MT to speak for himself for a change.

peace

It seems that won't happen.

Date: April 9, 2015 21:21

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

hmmm...I like it.

Well I guess we agree on the phony part...

that's phunny!

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:25

DandelionPowderman
71Tele

It's even lower that someone obviously told him this..

smiling smiley

Re: Keith Richards talking to RollingStone.com : New solo cd in September
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:38

THANKS FOR THE POST ANYWAY..

ONE LOVE

JEROE

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:44

Naturalust
71Tele

peace

Article has been updated as such:
Q:That's a shame because he's all over Sticky Fingers.
A:Yeah, it's just one of those things. I'm not sure. I just haven't gotten into that thing, but I heard he was sick. [Through a representative, Taylor says he is not sick and was not invited onto the tour.]

So, there's that.

And the 'ol "God joins the band" gets trotted out once more!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:46

<<Keith really sounds like an employee...>>

That's because the President and CEO of Stones Inc. still has him on probation for Life. Part of Keith's Life sentence requires that he maintain good behavior.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:54

what a dull interview. He doesn't seem to enthused about his 'new' album - not a single description of it or any of the songs.

just a lot of 'maybes' 'might do' and other fudging responses

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:56

andrewt
Naturalust
71Tele

peace

Article has been updated as such:
Q:That's a shame because he's all over Sticky Fingers.
A:Yeah, it's just one of those things. I'm not sure. I just haven't gotten into that thing, but I heard he was sick. [Through a representative, Taylor says he is not sick and was not invited onto the tour.]

So, there's that.

And the 'ol "God joins the band" gets trotted out once more!

So Taylor's out and Clapton's in? smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:00

They have so many secrets, I guess it is hard to remember what is secret and what is not, and as the journalist is asking about things that "might" be secret, all you end up with is vague replies.

This happened before, but as they get older, it happens more and more often. Then there will be mainly "that would be great" and "think so" and so on, and next minute it is on the cover of Rolling Stones saying "A New Keith Album" or "A New Mick Solo Album" or whatever the journalist feel like reading into a vague comment.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home