Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

21th of August--the stones or the pope?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 12, 2005 20:57

I cant decide this yet. I really wanted to go to Boston to see the Stones Opening concert---otherwise I promised my whole Family to go to cologne this day To see the pope benedikt XIX at the WORLD YOUTHS FeSTIVAL. They exspect a crowd of more than 900000 people there. I really want to see BOTH. So what??

Re: 21th of August--the stones or the pope?
Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: July 12, 2005 21:02

Just make up your mind whether you want to rock, or see an old man in a frock.

Can't be that difficult....

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2005 21:21

There will always be another pope, but never another Stones. Join us in Boston, when The Nordic Stones Vikings go bezerk!smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 12, 2005 21:38

hahahahahaha... if you really are having trouble deciding, I don't think this is the band for you.

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: July 12, 2005 21:47

Screw Pope Rat Stinker and dance with Mr.D.

Date: July 12, 2005 21:55

hahahahahaha--TSEVERIN

I am a stones-Fans since 1964. I live in germany and saw my last US STONES-concerts in 1978 (ANAHEIM ) 35th Birtday of mick.

I agree a lot what the Pope says----

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 12, 2005 22:09

It's a bit unfair what you're talking about, there are people you might think different. OK for ourselves it's easy because we joint the Sontes not eofre Calgary and then running down the West coast, but for someone who has a different level and thinking about Boston it0s different. Mind you if you check out the Stones' interviews all is not so far in between. it's only far away yes.

Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: July 12, 2005 22:11

If you can take the heat
Go to the Stones
Either way is gonna be hot as hell!!

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 12, 2005 22:31

The (true) pope: Mick Jagger.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 12, 2005 23:08

Forget the Nazi

Go to the Stones

ER,no offence,only joking etc.

Date: July 12, 2005 23:22

Shut up, Straycat. Either the Pope or me is a Nazi. Höpe you will Think a little bit

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 13, 2005 00:05

Every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 13, 2005 01:21

My friend is going to Cologne for this festival and he is pretty excited about it but at the same time he is not able to go to see The Stones like you.I think that The Stones is a right choice.This might be the last tour of The Stones(well hopefully it won't be) so maybe u'd better go and see them.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 13, 2005 08:44

You can go to Pope singing:

"I watched with glee while your kings and queens fought gor ten decades for the gods they made".

A kind of POP(E) music...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:21

This German pope is even more conservative than JP2. It's time that all religious bullshit is banned. See the result in the Netherlands, where religious fanatism is leading to. People should think more by themselves instead of believing in higher powers.
Havo, go to Boston, see the Stones...

Sjouke

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:26

Hi Havo,

What does the family think?

i went to see the pope a good few years back < i only went as the wife persuaed me > and to be honest it dident do nothing for me and there wouldent be no choice if it was between the stones or the pope but it would be interesting if it clashed with my wifes beliefes.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:29

Both of your heroes seem not to be very young boys... Wonder that the Stones don't make World's Youth Festival...

My advice: there will be more Stones shows to attend. Try Pope. Much cheaper too, I think.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-13 10:30 by Doxa.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 13, 2005 10:29

Sjouke, if you believe in yourself you already start believing in higher powers, whatever that meant to be.
The decision to make whether you should go to and when is your own thing. Havo started quite an interesting issue, but as you see he is unsure of what to do. In German one would say: you can't dance on two weddings at the same time.
For my turn I would go an see the Pope if that is the main issue and would see the Stones another day on the Tour. But for me it's not the issue as I do not want to go to Cologne neither to Boston.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:12

I once knew a priest (now deceased) who was to be part of the official welcome party for the last pope when he visited Scotland in 1982. Unfortunitely the party clashed with the Stones concert at the Glasgow Apollo and he decided since he devoted his life to serving the Pope it wouldn't do any harm to have a day off and to go to the Stones gig instead. He told me that it didn't go down too well when the Bishop realised that he wasn't there. The Bishop asked one of the other Priests, "Where is he?", "Actually sir, he'll be a bit late, he's gone to see the Rolling Stones instead" Respect! And he had fine collection of Stones albums too!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:16

Go and see the Pope. If that is what your family want you to do you should see the Pope. Then you can see the Stones any other place you like really.

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:21

Nice story skelly.

Posted by: justsway ()
Date: July 13, 2005 12:42

Got and see the pope like I do - Im not in cologne because of the pope but in cause of the great festival to see people from all around the world.
Hey and the stones are the best and sure also every concert but there are many places to see them but to sleep with the family at marienfeld and have a good time it is for this day more worth

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 13, 2005 13:23

The previuous pope declared Keith as god (or somehing, i can't really remember the picture where he is holding the newspaper) so that gives you enough clearence to go see the stones i think!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 13, 2005 14:11

Havo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I promised my whole Family to
> go to cologne this day To see the pope benedikt
> XIX at the WORLD YOUTHS FeSTIVAL.

When had Benedict XVI, Benedict XVII and Benedict XVIII passed away??

(Only a joke)

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 13, 2005 14:19

I also think you should go see the pope. If you are even having to ask the question to yourself and us then it is weighing on your mind. You want to do right by your family. You wouldn't be able to enjoy the show. That's cool. You go see the pope and have a great time with your family and Benedictinus. Then you zoom down to the next city where you will find a great deal on a Stonesticket. You will have a good time, saved tons of money AND you have pleased the Lord.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 13, 2005 14:23

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The previuous pope declared Keith as god (or
> somehing, i can't really remember the picture
> where he is holding the newspaper) so that gives
> you enough clearence to go see the stones i think!
>
> Cheers,
> Wuudy

Yeah, the picture is great smiling smiley can't find it anywhere at the moment...
It has the headline: Pope declares, Keith is god
So, just tell your family - what do you want to see, god's representative or god himself and take them all to Boston winking smiley

Seriously, if it's so important go and see the pope, I think... there are enough possibilities to catch the Stones!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 13, 2005 15:26

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2005 15:33

Can anyone explain what that famous headline (that Keef is pope's boss) is all about? What's the story behind? Has anyone really seen the actual article?

- Doxa

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 13, 2005 16:16

Doxa, I'm pretty sure it is a joke. there is no story.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 13, 2005 16:48

"This German pope is even more conservative than JP2. It's time that all religious bullshit is banned. See the result in the Netherlands, where religious fanatism is leading to."

Sjouke, agree 150 % ! But if Havo has a different opinion let him go to the Pope...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home