Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:54

I would like to start a meet up Friday night in San Diego. The place is Patricks, and the address is 428 F Street. It is near 4th Street in downtown, walking distance to Petco Park. I have been going there since 1989,and it is the best bar in the gaslamp district in San Diego by far! Bill Magee Blues Band is playing there, and he is a fantastic guitarist! He played with Jimi Hendrix in the early sixties before Hendrix made it big. He will also be available to talk to. The cover charge is only $5,and if there is a line to get in, you usually don't have to wait more than 10 minutes. I live about 8 miles away, and will be there with some friends. I will definitely be wearing a Rolling Stones jacket or shirt.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 20, 2015 17:47

69firebird
I would like to start a meet up Friday night in San Diego. The place is Patricks, and the address is 428 F Street. It is near 4th Street in downtown, walking distance to Petco Park. I have been going there since 1989,and it is the best bar in the gaslamp district in San Diego by far! Bill Magee Blues Band is playing there, and he is a fantastic guitarist! He played with Jimi Hendrix in the early sixties before Hendrix made it big. He will also be available to talk to. The cover charge is only $5,and if there is a line to get in, you usually don't have to wait more than 10 minutes. I live about 8 miles away, and will be there with some friends. I will definitely be wearing a Rolling Stones jacket or shirt.

Let's just stick with The Deck at Moonshine Flats, 335 6th Avenue.

plexi

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: May 20, 2015 20:23

Tmbernardis,
I was planning on FRIDAY night not Sunday night.
What exciting thing are you doing on Friday night?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:50

wont be there til sunday

plexi

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:40

timbernardis
wont be there til sunday

plexi

Hope to see you at the Deck

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 21, 2015 04:10

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys at the Deck, I only know very few IORRians in person.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: aljagger ()
Date: May 21, 2015 04:59

Get married or Renew your vows at at the Stones Concert at Petco Park! We will have the Wedding Chapel to Go {Pop Up Weddings and Vow Renewals) set up in the tailgate lot! !! Call us! website WeddingChapeltogo.com We will be in the Tailgate lot! Call us for information website weddingchapeltogo.com contact us at 844-IDOWEDU or 760-522-2171 Vicki Barbolak. Lets do this!

Posted by: aljagger ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:10

My friends are marrying people at the Stones Concert Sunday. They will have the Wedding Chapel to Go set up in the tailgate lot! What a trip. We were just going down in their Wedding bus since it could hold our large group and someone said why don't you marry some people. You know how our fans are, why not. If anyone is interested call Vicki at 760-521-2171. See you there.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:36

Thru and Thru
Looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys at the Deck, I only know very few IORRians in person.

Sorry, just jumped into this thread after being out for awhile. What/Where is the Deck?

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:26

aljagger
Get married or Renew your vows at at the Stones Concert at Petco Park! We will have the Wedding Chapel to Go {Pop Up Weddings and Vow Renewals) set up in the tailgate lot! !! Call us! website WeddingChapeltogo.com We will be in the Tailgate lot! Call us for information website weddingchapeltogo.com contact us at 844-IDOWEDU or 760-522-2171 Vicki Barbolak. Lets do this!

I did something exactly like that, only in Vegas in 2005. A Boston Terrier was our witness, in the back seat of my car as we said our vows from the front seat in the drive-up window of The Little White Wedding Chapel on Las Vegas Blvd. That no man's land part of Las Vegas Blvd north of "The Strip" but south of the "Downtown Fremont Street Experience.". Honestly, I was so moved, I was surprised how emotional I got, started crying in the middle of the vows (first & only time I've ever said them). It was just as meaningful to me in that kitshy setting as it would've been in a huge church or wherever.Doesn't matter to me where the ceremony takes place. Who you're marrying is all that matters.

I'd love to go to a Stones concert instead of holding a normal reception!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:35

[moonshineflats.com]

The Deck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 18:36 by BluzDude.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:38

Ok, now that LA is over, lets focus on San Diego.
We will hear for the first time, what they are really going to do on this tour.

I would guess only half of those songs last night, will be heard again.
Mick doesn't like many slow songs in stadiums, and the covers are out. Although the tribute to BB King was classy.

So my friend at Petco park said the "tentative" plan is to clean up after the Padres game tonight. Groundscrew has a lot of work to do to get the field ready to be covered, etc. Trucks roll in from LA and the stage trucks early tomorrow morning.

Stage will be set up tomorrow night and maybe into Saturday morning. Then the testing begins. I would think Mick would want to rehearse a little on the stage for feel and sound, lighting etc. so perhaps that happens Saturday afternoon or evening. It's very risky to hit a new stage for the first time a few hours before your first show. So they might do both a rehearsal Saturday and sound check Sunday.

I know exactly where to stand for the rehearsal/sound check for best sound, and perhaps view as the band enters. I was there for McCartney last Fall and we saw him pull in, wave to us, and then heard his 30 minute sound check free!

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:12

Gfmsoccer
I know exactly where to stand for the rehearsal/sound check for best sound, and perhaps view as the band enters. I was there for McCartney last Fall and we saw him pull in, wave to us, and then heard his 30 minute sound check free!

I'm curious about your preferred outside spot for catching the rehearsal sounds. I'll be roaming around Petco Saturday hoping to catch some notes. Thanks!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:19

I am still in LA and go to SD tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

stoneslib
Gfmsoccer

I'm curious about your preferred outside spot for catching the rehearsal sounds. I'll be roaming around Petco Saturday hoping to catch some notes. Thanks!

thumbs up
Me too.
I am not very interested in their in/out but want to listen rehearsal.
I hope it will be warmer than last evening in LA.grinning smiley

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:23

a bigger nut

stoneslib
Gfmsoccer

thumbs up
Me too.

Last night was cold, see you in SD!

Date: May 22, 2015 00:32

eyesoftheworld
a bigger nut

stoneslib
Gfmsoccer

thumbs up
Me too.

Last night was cold, see you in SD!

I met a guy from England(probably one of IORRians) yesterday morning and night at Fonda and he was wearing just T-shirt and shorts. It was unbelievable...

Btw, I found now that there is no Carl's Jr outlets in SD downtown. It is shame.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:39

@ a bigger nut

I met him too.
We probably all met each other.

I was the guy from Orange County in a long sleeve red flannel.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:55

Man, someone up there likes me. I just opened the envelope. Section 7 row 1 seats 3 and 4.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 03:38

Did we ever get a detailed seating chart for this?

Seat 29 for A-3...Am I correct that is further away from center stage than seat 1? In other words, do the seats go 1-xx from center toward the sides?

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:15

sdstonesguy
Did we ever get a detailed seating chart for this?

Seat 29 for A-3...Am I correct that is further away from center stage than seat 1? In other words, do the seats go 1-xx from center toward the sides?

Yes, that is what has been explained to me re. seating.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:46

Thank Carolyn & good job on your ticket. I JUST scored 4th row A-3...I almost gave up on going...but I'm back! Whoo hoo!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 22, 2015 15:32

a bigger nut

I met a guy from England(probably one of IORRians) yesterday morning and night at Fonda and he was wearing just T-shirt and shorts. It was unbelievable...

That was methumbs up. Yeah, it was a bit chilly, but I was planning on getting in - I'd rather be cold outside than too hot inside! And it wasn't that cold...

I'm planning to come down and (hopefully) listen to rehearsals on Sat afternoon - gfmsoccer, where is the best place to be?

syrel

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 22, 2015 15:43

Whoooooo hoooooo!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 22, 2015 16:27

I've heard that the boys are not actually staying in SD overnight and may be shuttling from their LA HQ. So that would make for logistics challenges. Maybe helicopter to/from LA on Saturday and Sunday?

I'm flying in from Philly Saturday AM. Looking forward big time. I've attended every US tour opening gig since 1981 and the opener is always a special thrill.

HBK doin' alright

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 22, 2015 16:42

still haven't figured out how to post pics. Works in the stadium are underway since 5am today. Lucky Brands shop in 9th street full of Stones gear. Great to be here and looking forward to Patricks and Moonshine !

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 17:28 by haukej.

Posted by: LatSass ()
Date: May 22, 2015 17:11

We arrived in SD from Florida and are hoping to hear some good local musicians before the Stones on Sunday. This sounds like a great place; especially with Bill Maher playing tonight. Heading to Tijuana later today but planning on being at Patrick's tonight. Also looking forward to Moonshine Flat's deck on Sunday.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 22, 2015 17:22

69firebird

I'm keen to meet up on Friday night. What time will you be at Patricks from?

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: May 22, 2015 18:37

syrel
a bigger nut

That was methumbs up. Yeah, it was a bit chilly, but I was planning on getting in - I'd rather be cold outside than too hot inside! And it wasn't that cold...

I'm planning to come down and (hopefully) listen to rehearsals on Sat afternoon - gfmsoccer, where is the best place to be?

syrel

Hi, Syrel!

Maybe we all meet again tomorrow afternoon around Petco.grinning smiley
Even if I couldn't listen reharsal, have to look for some Padres items.

I decided to enter SD today.

See you later, guys.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 22, 2015 18:38

haukej
still haven't figured out how to post pics. Works in the stadium are underway since 5am today. Lucky Brands shop in 9th street full of Stones gear. Great to be here and looking forward to Patricks and Moonshine !

just need to paste the image address in the field when click this icon in the icons menu when you want to reply.

Hope you can share your images!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 22, 2015 18:55

What time do people think would be a good time to be at Petco tomorrow for rehearsals?
syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home