Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 23, 2015 11:53

Strike
Sorry to say but this ist the first tour I don`t really care about. I´ve seen them last year at the Waldbühne in Berlin, wich was nice and expensive...
I´ve seen them so many times since 82 but for me the thrill is gone, maybe they missed the right time to stop.

Berlin was a great show. $285.00 US for the 'pit'. Much better than the USA. They still think we have more money than western europe.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: April 23, 2015 14:46

Orlando has blocks of tix that were VIP and are now at face value - main floor straight out from runway Sect F10 $192 inc TM fees, Sect 237 row D $112
Use TM "buy on map" feature to see unsold seats.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 14:59 by 1badgator.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 15:33

DREAMTIME
A press 'conference' explains the tour and creates the hype needed to fill large stadiums in secondary markets at unheard of prices.

And what do you know? Thousands of available tickets, many already dropping from original prices (and if don't think this gets FANS angry, then you are really not in touch with 'Joe')

A tour name does the same thing. And fans can't wait to get merchandise with the new branded tour. And merchandise is a big percentage. 14 on Fire looked like varsity letters which goes along with the sport motif they sold out to years ago so they could appeal to 'Joe'.

None of my fellow world Stones fans said to me "I can't wait to get 'ZipCode' on new merchandise! Hey I got a dime, let's go get some! (for those who remember)

The so called idea of the tour were visiting places where they started out slow. But a Route 66 'type' thing with a driveable route and not expensive zig zags would have brought thousands more to the tour.

Yes, I will enjoy Mick dancing and flying all over the stage and Keith pretending to be playing with his arthritis hands, Ronnie just having fun, Charlie grinning once in awhile. I will get high and drift into my favorite music and pray that there will be enough girls in attendance to look like a rock concert, instead of a bunch of guys taking a day off from watching sports...

LOL!...I've been thinking the same thing at all the 'classic' rock concerts I've been to the last few years....

Date: April 23, 2015 17:10

Gfmsoccer

I agree these prices are too high, and were on the last tour as well, but I also think their fan base (mostly guys from 50 - 70) just isn't up for it anymore. A small venue, they could get into, but stadiums are for kids or a family crowd.

I also think you are right in that they're not going to build this huge production, with a huge traveling crew, for just 15 shows. I bet they had more US shows lined up, if this sold out fast, but it hasn't. So they'll just take August off, and hit South America in the Fall.

On both the ABB and 50 & Counting Tours I saw 3 generations at one show and 4 generations at the other around our seats. The 50-70 crowd (including my wife and myself) were probably 25-30% of the audience.

Bring on the walkers and canes, see the Stones and stop complaining about the tickets. It could be worse, no Stones tour at all......

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:42

I now have 4 sets for the columbus show. My brothers decided they would rather do Indy. I have two in section c row 23 (2 seats from mini stage) and two in section b row 16. I also have two in section a row 3 and two in section e row 13. 853.50 per set

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:44

I get the impression the Columbus show is selling poorly; possibly the worst of the lot. You can get $150 seats on the floor and in the lower bowl right now.

Minneapolis looks to be selling OK; they dropped a couple of VIP packages to face value in the upper and lower bowls, and those seemed to have sold pretty well. No downgrading of floor seats. It makes sense when you consider that there are about 10,000 fewer seats in Minneapolis than Columbus, than the Minneapolis market is twice as big as Columbus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 17:46 by LetsWork.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:57

There have been two vip drops this morning for singles in KC. At least one diamond and one emerald. Maybe this will be a trend - single vip drops trickling out.

Date: April 23, 2015 20:04

Easy Peasy, TM this morning in about 5 minutes swapped tickets for my Raleigh show.

We are two sections closer to the stage, and 11 rows closer to the field.

Thanks for the tip in IORR!!!

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 23, 2015 20:15

MidnightDevilRambler
Easy Peasy, TM this morning in about 5 minutes swapped tickets for my Raleigh show.

Mike

Hey Mike, TM did that by phone? I tried yesterday to swap my Nashville tkts and they said no can do.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 23, 2015 20:22

I will personally add this...
Columbus.

I called Ticketmaster Monday evening and got a VERY nice customer service rep on the line. Looking for an exchange in my seats, same section and same price, from further back up to the front row of the section.

Initially, I was told the rules said NO. I was VERY nice.

She filled out a report that needed to be sent to "the promoter" for approval.

48 hours later...Call back.
BAM. DONE. HELL TO THE YEAH!

Good Luck to ALL.
The Rolling Stones RULE!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 23, 2015 20:40

DREAMTIME
A Great Opening Band would be helpful. I don't need MT. No one likes stadiums for music. Only 2 venues are covered for rain.

Better promotion to describe theme of show, if any. Their current commercials advertise them playing your favorite hits. And yes, older fans are getting tired of this. 14 on Fire as a name sucked (and they used it for 3 legs). Zipcode is worst!

The prices are crazy for cow towns. First 5 rows $1800. Then $1250, 950, 750, 400. Parking up to $75!! In Pittsburgh, 24th row, middle section is $950. The 25th row is $400!

No Live press conference. No 'new' music. No DENVER!!! IS THAT INSANE???

A COMPLETE FAILURE TURNING EVERYONE OFF. WHAT A WAY TO GO OUT OF THE USA...

WHAT REALLY GETS ME UPSET IS THAT THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT MORE DRIVEABLE FOR BETTER SUMMER CARAVANS

Who cares what the name of the tour is? Plenty of merchandise will be void of the actual ZIP Code reference if that is your concern. And they have stated that SF is going to be the theme of the tour, what do expect? Part of the fun is the surprise associated with NOT knowing exactly what to expect, imo. But I agree knowing some warm up acts would be nice and could increase demand for tickets.

Prices are indeed a bit high but all indications are they are coming down, people who bought early are able to trade up and more very reasonable LD tickets will be offered... Not sure any of these cities could be called cow towns in 2015.

Lack of a press conference and new record doesn't make much difference at this point. The fact that they are promoting one of their best records is what this one is about.

The complete failure statement before the first show happens? I'm sorry you are so disappointed DREAMTIME but this is going to be a great tour for thousands of fans who don't caravan to every show, haven't ever seen the Stones or not in a while and having the Stones on the road this summer in the USA is better than the alternative.

peace

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 23, 2015 20:51

"this is going to be a great tour for thousands of fans who don't caravan to every show, haven't ever seen the Stones or not in a while and having the Stones on the road this summer in the USA is better than the alternative."

Psyched! Thanks for the positive note. And, yes, I paid a lot during initial sale and it did kinda irk me, but the fact that prices are coming down is great overall for those still going after tickets so more power to 'em !

P.S. The song that turned me onto them at age 12 was "The Last Time" so hoping they play it smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2015 21:15

I just pulled up 50 VIP seats for Indy! Last night and today, Buffalo was showing rows 17 -20 at the $420 price and still available...and the meltdown continues...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 23, 2015 21:45

DREAMTIME
I just pulled up 50 VIP seats for Indy! Last night and today, Buffalo was showing rows 17 -20 at the $420 price and still available...and the meltdown continues...

Are you planning on attending any of the shows DREAMTIME?

San Diego appears sold out except for some pricey Platinums and those will surely go will lowered prices .High Priced ticket sales may be slower than anticipated but it is hardly a meltdown, plenty of time left. Contingency plans to fill the stadiums will have been made and a good time will be had by all. The glass is half full and the refill is on the way. smoking smiley

These reports of quick sell outs can't be all wrong, just some pricing adjustments to be made to fill higher priced seats that haven't sold yet.

[www.jsonline.com]

[buffalo.com]

[www.wisn.com]

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 22:33 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 23, 2015 22:28

I think it's odd that this is labeled as a SF tour. Big whoop, they've played most of these songs live thru the years. Plus the Deluxe release has nothing to offer. My guess is they have to have something up their sleeve to sweeten the pot. Special guests would make sense. As long as they rock the house and Jagger is in fine form everything should take care of itself. Can't wait for some rehearsal reports…..

Date: April 23, 2015 22:31

Snoopy
MidnightDevilRambler

Mike

Hey Mike, TM did that by phone? I tried yesterday to swap my Nashville tkts and they said no can do.

Yep, by phone. The CS rep had to check first to see if the Raleigh date could have exchanges. Maybe Nashville date doesn't allow it. May want to see what other IORR'ers have experienced.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: April 23, 2015 22:39

Naturalust
DREAMTIME

Are you planning on attending any of the shows DREAMTIME?

San Diego appears sold out except for some pricey Platinums and those will surely go will lowered prices .Ticket sales may be slower than anticipated but it is hardly a meltdown, plenty of time left. Contingency plans to fill the stadiums will have been made and a good time will be had by all. The glass is half full and the refill is on the way. smoking smiley

peace

Nashville
Pittsburgh
Milwaukee
Raleigh
Indy
(Grateful Dead)
Detroit
Buffalo

They will not fill the stadiums, even with $40 tix.

Tours either blow-out or they don't. The Who is a meltdown too. There are too many tours this summer, older people are dropping like flies, it's too expensive and quite irresponsible for anyone with children, I don't have any myself, and the idea of this being the tour not to be missed only applies to us real die-hards, locals and the idle rich...

My last show in Rome is still in my head...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for South America....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 22:57 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 23, 2015 22:48

I have also complained about the prices and promotion of this tour. However, if I get a great show in Atlanta I know I will never think of any of that ever again. And my last memory of the Rolling Stones will be a positive one.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 23, 2015 23:11

Indy shouldn't count as the capacity there is for all intent and purposes 100,000 or more...but I'm sure all the dates ultimately sell out. I also feel compelled to point out that the above list is truly a "B" market list.....and there are two more months to disperse tickets....

The more "mainstream" markets such as Dallas and San Diego seem to be selling very well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 23:16 by Woz.

Date: April 24, 2015 00:09

Indy has a capacity in VIP. And not being able to sell the $427 ticket that comes with more amenities and guarantees you are in the first 25-30 rows with the ability to move around which you don't get with the regular $400 seats. And you get a SPECIAL fireworks show probably paid for by the city/speedway! All on July 4th???

I believe now that many people don't want to support Indiana. And to celebrate the independence of the USA in a state looking to diminish citizen's rights is certainly NOT PC!

Other people with money would rather take their summer vacation somewhere else....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2015 00:11

Snoopy
MidnightDevilRambler

Mike

When I called a while ago attempting to upgrade my Buffalo seats,at first it was going to be no problem, then when it was discovered that my seats where purchased during a pre-sale.. all bets were off. No go.

Date: April 24, 2015 00:32

Define "Mainstream Market".

Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, San Diego, and Minneapolis are all large or comfortably midsize markets; top 20 in the States. All of them are bigger than Denver, which people keep harping on about them skipping this time around. The Stones have played them all before, multiple times.

It's not like they are rolling out to Asheville, NC and Springfield, MO this time around.

They are playing urban areas (roughly) the size of Barcelona (Dallas), Athens (Detroit), Berlin (Atlanta), Lisbon (San Diego), and Rotterdam (Minneapolis).

Cow Towns my ass.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 00:43 by LetsWork.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 24, 2015 00:57

LetsWork
Define "Mainstream Market".

Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, San Diego, and Minneapolis are all large or comfortably midsize markets; top 20 in the States. All of them are bigger than Denver, which people keep harping on about them skipping this time around. The Stones have played them all before, multiple times.

It's not like they are rolling out to Asheville, NC and Springfield, MO this time around.

They are playing urban areas (roughly) the size of Barcelona (Dallas), Athens (Detroit), Berlin (Atlanta), Lisbon (San Diego), and Rotterdam (Minneapolis).

Cow Towns my ass.

I was going to say the same thing but you did it more eloquently than I could. Lots of people in those markets who are just as big Rolling Stones fans as those in the big cities. And last I checked those markets are getting shows because the big cities underperformed last time around.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 24, 2015 01:06

I wonder what percentage of the audience at any of the upcoming shows will be traveling more than 100 miles.

I bet it's quite large. I have quite a few friends who will be traveling to the San Diego show who I would call moderate fans, and the Stones have lots of those.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 06:38

I think they will finally sell out, but last year in europe i remember that tickets sale has been a lot faster and exciting, except Tel Aviv

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 24, 2015 12:44

DREAMTIME
Strike
Sorry to say but this ist the first tour I don`t really care about. I´ve seen them last year at the Waldbühne in Berlin, wich was nice and expensive...
I´ve seen them so many times since 82 but for me the thrill is gone, maybe they missed the right time to stop.

Berlin was a great show. $285.00 US for the 'pit'. Much better than the USA. They still think we have more money than western europe.

How about €115 for the pit in Paris? Big bargain except they were impossible to buy!

Good to read that early buyers are getting upgrades, you'd think the promoter would want to keep the "better" seats now that they are getting harder to sell...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:46

It has been noted earlier that the current stage sets are fairly generic - especially compared to Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and the On-Stage sets. I loved the elaborate stages because I sensed if they went back to 1981 stage standards, they would never drop the prices. I am NO fan of U2, but I loved their model of $100 stadium tickets. It's always more fun in a full house.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 24, 2015 16:09

Last night before I went to bed there were 21 Platinum vip packages available for Columbus. Four front floors. Today I wake up and there are 40. 23 alone are front floors. Wow.

Date: April 24, 2015 16:52

Yes, Columbus is selling poorly.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: April 24, 2015 18:53

DREAMTIME
Tours either blow-out or they don't. The Who is a meltdown too. There are too many tours this summer, older people are dropping like flies, it's too expensive and quite irresponsible for anyone with children, I don't have any myself, and the idea of this being the tour not to be missed only applies to us real die-hards, locals and the idle rich...

I definitely agree with what you are saying. All except for being able to sell out at $40/ticket. You may be correct that they wouldn't completely sell out but they would certainly have an almost packed house. High prices are only part of the problem.

But you are hitting on the other thing that so many people miss... the general market and how people are simply aging. People are droping like flies. Everyone is concerned about the Stones age but aging along with them is their fan base. And the average fan isn't aging as well. How many of us are as fit as Mick? It's also true that they do continue to attract younger fans but not enough. And most young people can't shell out hundreds of dollars for very high priced tickets. I know plenty of people that would love to see the Stones but not at the prices that are being listed for the general ticket sales.

So you are stuck marketing to your loyal (aging) fan base that is diminishing and now has all the added responsibilities (kids, college costs, kid's weddings & retiring) that come later in life. So don't be surprised that your $400 tickets for seats that are 400+ feet from the stage aren't getting snapped up quickly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home