Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

acetates shown in book: not sure of rarity
Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: March 6, 2015 02:44

I recently viewed a deluxe, privately-printed, limited-run book titled "The Library of Julio Santio Domingo," which has photos of a collection (The Ludlow-Santo Domingo Library or LSD) now housed at Harvard and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The book includes several pages of Stones material and I took pics of 3 acetates shown within. I know very little about acetates so I am posting page images (taken with my phone camera) so experts might take a look and comment/evaluate. Maybe there are acetate revelations in the book, but I certainly don't know.

Harold

Re: acetates shown in book: not sure of rarity
Date: March 6, 2015 02:45

I think I remember seeing the 'All Down the Line' one at the Rock Hall.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:09

fantastic stuff!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:08

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Funny that the songs on Side 2 of Metamorphosis didn't have titles at that stage, or was did the person who wrote down the tracklist did not know them maybe? "What Exactly's Gonna Happen" being what we know as "Family" of course.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 6, 2015 20:21

gotdablouse
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Funny that the songs on Side 2 of Metamorphosis didn't have titles at that stage, or was did the person who wrote down the tracklist did not know them maybe? "What Exactly's Gonna Happen" being what we know as "Family" of course.

Probably the latter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home