Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brian's grave
Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:18

Hello all,

I'm going to be in England in a couple of weeks and wanted to visit Brian's grave in Cheltenham. Can anyone provide me with some directions from the train station? And then where to go once I'm in the graveyard? Much appreciated.

Karla

Re: Brian's grave
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:40

They buried Epstein in Cheltenham? confused smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:43

Come On

..me thinks karla is speaking of Jones

[www.google.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:44

Come On

is it confusing for me to say, I appreciate the effort, but I wish you'd put more effort into it?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:54

Don't know from the trainstation.
But his grave is easy to find. Enter (from the parking lot) the graveyard and just look around. It's easy to find. Probably one of the few graves with flowers on. It's on an intersection, so you really don't have to explore the entire graveyard.

Make sure to write something in the book they put behind the headstone.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:03

Check out the mane of the cemetery and ask for it. I once arrived in Cheltenham by bus, and the cemetery was not that far away from the bus station (probably 10 min walk). I can't really remember but I think the bus station was close to the train station.

It's harder to find Brian's grave on the cemetery than the place itself. But also my suggestion: ask for it. Gravediggers will lead you :-)

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:21

Hi,

do YouTube and search Videos with "brian jones grave",
there are a few which show how to find the grave

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:45

Have also a look here: Rolling Stones History Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 18:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:51

treaclefingers
Come On

is it confusing for me to say, I appreciate the effort, but I wish you'd put more effort into it?

No not at all, the Scandinavian humor is straight and strident ... sometimes...Meise is the man...thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 5, 2015 18:00

If you are in Cheltenham avoid this Building:

It's a Headquarter - but NOT the new one from Apple Inc. .... winking smiley

Date: March 5, 2015 18:29

Come On
treaclefingers
Come On

No not at all, the Scandinavian humor is straight and strident ... sometimes...Meise is the man...thumbs up

I think Scandinavian humour is great...I just wish it were funny too!

Date: March 5, 2015 18:35

<I think Scandinavian humour is great...I just wish it were funny too!>

I hope this isn't what you meant to say? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 18:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 5, 2015 20:34

I think it would be sad to visit his grave. Here in L.A. we have the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and you quickly realize it doesn't matter how famous you are, the worms are waiting.

Date: March 5, 2015 20:40

DandelionPowderman
<I think Scandinavian humour is great...I just wish it were funny too!>

I hope this isn't what you meant to say? winking smiley

yes, I'm sure I didn't mean anything malicious.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 5, 2015 20:54

eye popping smiley I Knew It!

Date: March 5, 2015 21:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 20:07 by 2000 LYFH.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 5, 2015 23:02

What a shame Keith didn't go to the funeral. He spent the next ten years trying to kill himself to atone for the guilt he felt. And killed his band in the process.
Dontcha think?

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 23:23

Huh?

Date: March 6, 2015 00:46

Survivor's guilt

Date: March 6, 2015 00:51

Yeah, I think moved on pretty quickly.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 6, 2015 01:01

vertigojoe
What a shame Keith didn't go to the funeral. He spent the next ten years trying to kill himself to atone for the guilt he felt. And killed his band in the process.
Dontcha think?

I was just thinking about this myself today in fact. In the Stones In Exile documentary film, Keith claims he did heroin to "hide from fame"--but he wasn't doing heroin until the end of the sixties, after the Stones had already been at the height of their fame for several years.

So, yeah, I think there is something to the point you make, in addition to a bit of guilt over having stolen Brian's girlfriend. You'll also notice that he took on a bit of Brian's mannerisms as well, with that "elegantly wasted" persona that once belonged to Brian--in fact, he aped that aspect of Brian's image so fully that today some people actually think that the lines from Shine A Light "Berber jewelry jangling down the street/Making bloodshot eyes at every woman that you meet" was Mick singing about Keith.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 6, 2015 01:51

stonehearted
vertigojoe
Dontcha think?

I was just thinking about this myself today in fact. In the Stones In Exile documentary film, Keith claims he did heroin to "hide from fame"--but he wasn't doing heroin until the end of the sixties, after the Stones had already been at the height of their fame for several years.

So, yeah, I think there is something to the point you make, in addition to a bit of guilt over having stolen Brian's girlfriend. You'll also notice that he took on a bit of Brian's mannerisms as well, with that "elegantly wasted" persona that once belonged to Brian--in fact, he aped that aspect of Brian's image so fully that today some people actually think that the lines from Shine A Light "Berber jewelry jangling down the street/Making bloodshot eyes at every woman that you meet" was Mick singing about Keith.

You'll also notice that he took on a bit of Brian's mannerisms as well, with that "elegantly wasted" persona that once belonged to Brian--in fact,

I think that part was influenced by Anita ......

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 6, 2015 03:38

stonehearted
vertigojoe
Dontcha think?

Keith was well on his way to being a junkie before Brian's death, I think you guys are stretching a bit to bring Brian into that one. If anything, what was the common denominator to the "elegantly wasted" ones....Anita. I think Robert Fraser was obviously an influence as well.

peace

Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: March 6, 2015 07:15

Thanks to all who provided me with some great suggestions on how to find Brian's grave, and also for the humor and interesting conversation.

smiling smiley
Karla

Date: March 6, 2015 09:52

wandlimb
Thanks to all who provided me with some great suggestions on how to find Brian's grave, and also for the humor and interesting conversation.

smiling smiley
Karla

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: March 6, 2015 11:40

Naturalust

Keith was well on his way to being a junkie before Brian's death...

No, he wasn't.

Date: March 6, 2015 17:11

Naturalust
stonehearted
vertigojoe
Dontcha think?

Keith was well on his way to being a junkie before Brian's death, I think you guys are stretching a bit to bring Brian into that one. If anything, what was the common denominator to the "elegantly wasted" ones....Anita. I think Robert Fraser was obviously an influence as well.

peace

Yeah I agree...I think you're giving Keith way too much credit. I'd say the whole Mick/Anita coupling was a far bigger issue for him than Brian.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 6, 2015 18:56

Train London Cheltenham, 2h
[www.thetrainline.com]
from station bus for centrum and change bus for cemetery.
At this address other information
[www.brianjonesfanclub.com]
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 18:57 by Sici.

Date: March 6, 2015 21:48

Red dot marks the spot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 19:34 by 2000 LYFH.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 6, 2015 21:54

I never go to funerals. Anyone else think funerals are overrated? grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home