Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
No Mick Taylor for the next tour ???
Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:50

I wonder how many will limit the amount of shows they attend this time since Mick Taylor has not been invited to join them this time? I know he was the highlight for me and added a whole new level of excitement to the shows for me and most I spoke to. The exclusion will certainly limit how much of our hard earned money we spend on the high priced tickets, travel etc to see the same war horses again and again. MT added so much excitement, even limited to the 2 allotted songs he was delegated to. He could have been used so much better. I strongly feel he elevated the others performances too. This is not a good desicion on the RS part IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 17:07 by bv.

Re: No Mick Taylor for the next tour!
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:51

is this true ?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:55

WUT???

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:56

Is there even an official "this time" yet, let alone one MT has not been invited for?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:57

Yes, as of right now. Let's hope they come to their senses and change this!

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:59

Where are you getting your information from?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:02

At least include your sources if you want to put something like that out there. To sling out stuff like that without sourcing cheapens your writing and credibility.

Re: No Mick Taylor for the next tour!Seems
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:09

Hard to believe this information if it's even valid. But if true, no worries, I imagine Mick might do better on his own tour where he gets to play a bit more. He'll probably be getting great guaranteed money after the Stones tours upped his market value. I'd rather see him solo that hear/see him on Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction again. peace

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:09

Why not? MT is a must

Date: February 15, 2015 02:13

pepganzo
Why not? MT is a must

For one or two songs? Hardly. Give me a whole set and I'll be happy. peace

Date: February 15, 2015 02:14

Naturalust
pepganzo
Why not? MT is a must

Some is better than none.

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:25

Personally, would love to see the Stones with Taylor again but just 2 songs (including wasting him on Satisfaction on an acoustic) is dissapointing.
Would love to see him on a few more classics as well as a live version of plundered my soul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 02:36 by mikesnaps.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:31

Please let this be true - then I don't have to attend another Stones show...

Date: February 15, 2015 03:34

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Naturalust
pepganzo
Why not? MT is a must

Yes indeed. But for those of us who saw him this last tour I think using him for the same tune(s) is not really going to cause much of a stir. MT certainly deserves more, and I certainly want to see more. For me it would be much more exciting to see him live in a MT solo show that on Rambler again.

Obviously out of respect to Ronnie they're not going to have him play more and it's just not enough. The MT Stones era is over and the best of Taylor in 2015 is going to be without them. If the rumors of him working on a new record are true, he'll probably tour to support it. We can only hope Keith, Charlie and Mick are guested on it and it sounds like the new classic Stones record we never had. grinning smiley peace

Date: February 15, 2015 04:51

Naturalust
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Naturalust
pepganzo
Why not? MT is a must

Yes indeed. But for those of us who saw him this last tour I think using him for the same tune(s) is not really going to cause much of a stir. MT certainly deserves more, and I certainly want to see more. For me it would be much more exciting to see him live in a MT solo show that on Rambler again.

Obviously out of respect to Ronnie they're not going to have him play more and it's just not enough. The MT Stones era is over and the best of Taylor in 2015 is going to be without them. If the rumors of him working on a new record are true, he'll probably tour to support it. We can only hope Keith, Charlie and Mick are guested on it and it sounds like the new classic Stones record we never had. grinning smiley peace

I certainly agree with that second sentence. If Mick is such the business-savvy man we all seem to feel he is, he'd wise up and realize that MT is the main Mick most of the die-hard Stones fans are there for. This may, however, play on Mick's emotional side and make him not want the attention to go to that Mick... again.

As for that second paragraph, absolutely. What's Ronnie to do if they kick him out--host radio shows and paint with the occasional solo concert? Don't make me laugh! winking smiley

Date: February 15, 2015 05:14

I think Mick is secure enough at this point that MT or no MT makes little difference to him...and probably to the great majority of Stones ticket buyers. Of course he defined the best era of Stones music to many of us but even most of those accept that that era is long past. Even if he replaced Ronnie, it wouldn't be the same, Ronnie has become a necessary to allow Keith to basically do less and it would probably take a lot of work for MT to do the same.

And Ronnie is a full fledged Stone, paid his dues to be part of the gang, I accept him for that. But don't underestimate his value, he has lots of irons in the fire, could hook up with a number of musical projects with ease, not to mention the possible remaining Faces reunion. He's golden.

Like I said, the best us die hard MT fans should expect is a new Taylor record with lots of Stones playing as guests and collaborators. peace

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 15, 2015 05:22

S.T.P
Please let this be true - then I don't have to attend another Stones show...

Silly thread, but this is the funniest comment I have seen in ages.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 15, 2015 05:35

would I like to see him on stage with the stones on this tour sure, would it be great to see him do a full show with them 3 guitars hell yea,but if not its still the rolling stones, except for wyman the same rolling stones for the last 40 yrs.taylor walked out on them, so I have a lot of respect for jagger and co.for ever letting back in

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 15, 2015 07:44

From what I understand, he hasn't been asked to participate in a 2015 Tour... and at this point I would not assume MT is gonna be involved... if the RS don't wanna include MT that is their loss, I really think that is a big mistake, and another sign of disrespect towards MT... Maybe he should write his book now and send MJ a copy... obviously, he has a new chapter to add

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 15, 2015 08:52

I hope this is just specua;tion at this point. If anyone has real information confirming this, please post here. On recent tours it seems like Taylor was announced toward the end, not long before the tour, so I am still hopeful.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:16

Mick Taylor didn't have anything to do with the number of tickets I bought in 2012-2014 so why should he start now?? confused smiley
He participated in Stones tours for two years on terms that evidently suited both him and the Stones,
and like others above I certainly hope he's got other things to do now, and good on him.

And Fredluvz really needs to state his source, if he has one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 10:17 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:32

Yes, still waiting for a source on this. Not that it would affect the number of tickets I buy, either.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:40

If he is there, great, but will not change my intention of attending some concerts.

Was a good deal for both the Stones and him...but specially for him. Touring with the Stones has secured him a much better future.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 11:06

Complete craziness. There are about 10-15 people out of 15-20,000 people who are there because of MT. I love him, have seen him 4 times solo, saw the RW/MT Jimmy Reed shows, saw two fantastic shows in Philly in 2013, but for real, his appearance or not for one tune, plus his bit of acoustic on Satisfaction means virtually nothing even to the hardest of the hardcore.
He hopefully made a buck or two through this period with the boys and can now go do something artistically worthwhile instead of what has become, at least in my view, a hollow, slightly degrading exercise for him and those that love his playing.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 15, 2015 11:29

I doubt if the absence of those who choose not to attend shows because MT is not participating will make a huge dent in audience figures.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 15, 2015 12:04

Garbie
If he is there, great, but will not change my intention of attending some concerts.

Was a good deal for both the Stones and him...but specially for him. Touring with the Stones has secured him a much better future.

Very good comment.... I absolutely agree with that.

I do not believe this claim anyhow, as long as there is no source stated.

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: February 15, 2015 12:41

shawnriffhard1
Complete craziness. There are about 10-15 people out of 15-20,000 people who are there because of MT. I love him, have seen him 4 times solo, saw the RW/MT Jimmy Reed shows, saw two fantastic shows in Philly in 2013, but for real, his appearance or not for one tune, plus his bit of acoustic on Satisfaction means virtually nothing even to the hardest of the hardcore.
He hopefully made a buck or two through this period with the boys and can now go do something artistically worthwhile instead of what has become, at least in my view, a hollow, slightly degrading exercise for him and those that love his playing.
I'm one of the 10-15 people!There's no way I would paid the outrageous ticket prices for the Australian tour without Mick Taylor's participation.I was hoping that by the time they hit Australia his role may have increased, but obviously extensive rehearsals are too much hard work,despite the ticket prices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 12:49 by bonddm.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:18

For decades they played without MT and I think they did as good without him as they did without BJ: it's just three different periods in their history with three different values. Now that he did tour with them for two years doesn't mean you can say "MT certainly deserves more.."
I mean did you also say that during or after the BtB tour or the VL tour?? You couldn't.
So what did MT do or achieve to deserve more??
He left and they went on...
That doesn't mean when they ask him back for EOMS part two and 50 celebration shows he "deserves more."
It suggests the RS gave him less and are to blame because they owe him...
That's not a solid representation of the situation. And not honest.

Date: February 15, 2015 13:22

The problem: MIck and Keith chose/decided Taylor´s collaboration. So....a lot of people may miss him now.

If they hadn´t chosen Taylor we would not miss him now.

The glimmer twins put the candy in our mouth so they should not move it away...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:26

emotionalbarbecue
The problem: MIck and Keith chose/decided Taylor´s collaboration. So....a lot of people may miss him now.

If they hadn´t chosen Taylor we would not miss him now.

The glimmer twins put the candy in our mouth so they should not move it away...

Thank you: a very good explanation of why your name is emotionalbarbecue.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home