Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Shine a light movie moment
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 31, 2015 04:09

Hi. Has anyone noticed this Keith moment during the meet and great with President Clinton at The beginning of the "shine a light" film. Keith clearly says: "Thanks
For the...." then the scene is intentionally cut before we get to hear what Keith is actually thanking President Clinton for. Now, as you can see, this is a conspiracy of utmost importance - haha. What do you think Keith could possibly
Be thanking the President for that the audience could not hear. If it was Mick
And President Clinton we would all know the subject - haha.

Re: Shine a light movie moment
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 31, 2015 04:15

"Thanks for filling in on the sax solo when Bobby got locked in the loo..."

Date: January 31, 2015 09:33

"Thanks, by the way I didn't inhale either."

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: January 31, 2015 10:18

swimtothemoon
"Thanks, by the way I didn't inhale either."

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:38

Thanks for the inspiration for Roth's Human Stain ? Have you read it; it's a fantastic part of the Zuckerman novels ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2015 13:50

memories ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 31, 2015 14:50

"Thank you faletinme be mice elf..."

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 31, 2015 15:13

"...the cigar"?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 31, 2015 18:35

.....not touching my Shephards pie. I'll give you a doggy bag to take home.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 31, 2015 19:11

"Thanks for the restraint in keeping your hands off my wife and daughters."

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 31, 2015 23:49

Thanks for thinking that The Smashing Pumpkins suck too.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 1, 2015 00:09

I know what he said: 'Will your interns settle for marlboros instead of monte cristos ?"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 1, 2015 00:09

swimtothemoon
Hi. Has anyone noticed this Keith moment during the meet and great with President Clinton at The beginning of the "shine a light" film. Keith clearly says: "Thanks
For the...." then the scene is intentionally cut before we get to hear what Keith is actually thanking President Clinton for..

"... not bringing Hillary with you"? smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-01 00:18 by dcba.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 1, 2015 00:22

shadooby
"...the cigar"?

Took me a while to get this one maybe because I wasn't fully awake yet. LMAO now. grinning smiley

thumbs upthumbs up = thumbs up to me

>grinning smiley< I don't think that's what this guy is doing

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 1, 2015 01:00

mighty stork
shadooby
"...the cigar"?

Took me a while to get this one maybe because I wasn't fully awake yet. LMAO now. grinning smiley

thumbs upthumbs up = thumbs up to me

>grinning smiley< I don't think that's what this guy is doing

At least somebody got it...sheesh! (and don't thank me, thank Monica)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:19

There must've been an inside joke with the stupid set list whining from that little twerp Marty because Ronnie gets a possibly sly dig at him at 2:26. And right after that is Keith going through She Saw Me Coming - did they ever play that live? I didn't think so. Bastards!

2:40 is Keith being cut off talking to Clinton. It's a bit odd, though, Clinton talking with them. They all seem a bit 'Do we have to?' and there's a pause and Mick asks a ridiculous theoretical question about the crowd because of the silence between them.

Charlie's wonderment at 'I thought we'd just done it' with the meet and greet - ha ha!

So... when was the show in Los Angeles to 'raise awareness of climate change' because it wasn't the Stones in 2001 as Clinton states.

Horrible vocal overdub by Keith at 4:02!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:41

GasLightStreet
There must've been an inside joke with the stupid set list whining from that little twerp Marty because Ronnie gets a possibly sly dig at him at 2:26. And right after that is Keith going through She Saw Me Coming - did they ever play that live? I didn't think so. Bastards!

2:40 is Keith being cut off talking to Clinton. It's a bit odd, though, Clinton talking with them. They all seem a bit 'Do we have to?' and there's a pause and Mick asks a ridiculous theoretical question about the crowd because of the silence between them.

Charlie's wonderment at 'I thought we'd just done it' with the meet and greet - ha ha!

So... when was the show in Los Angeles to 'raise awareness of climate change' because it wasn't the Stones in 2001 as Clinton states.

I remembered, sort of, this concert but you're right, 2001 doesn't sound right.

I looked it up and it was hard to find, but here is a link to it:

[www.aparchive.com]

Shows they played LA in Feb 2003, so Clinton had it right but off by a couple of years.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2015 19:55

The hugs seems a bit contrived, don't they? I mean are they really that close to the former President?

Date: February 3, 2015 20:07

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

I remembered, sort of, this concert but you're right, 2001 doesn't sound right.

I looked it up and it was hard to find, but here is a link to it:

[www.aparchive.com]

Shows they played LA in Feb 2003, so Clinton had it right but off by a couple of years.

Yeah, the LICKS tour. There's a bit on FOUR FLICKS that shows Jagger saying 'you can feel good about yourself' for driving a small car for 2 blocks... or something like that. I remembered that a few minutes after posting that. Looked it up and laughed.

Uh huh.

They know so much about climate change...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: February 4, 2015 18:15

This movie is a case of the best intentions going wrong. Obviously the band's music means a lot to Scorsese, but unlike The Last Waltz nothing quite clicks in this movie. From the overblown and amazingly unsexy opening song performance to the contrived set list drama the band did not give the director much to work with. Sometimes heroes need to be viewed from a distance because up close they are not that interesting.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 4, 2015 18:49

I do love "you got the silver" p in that movie with Keith looming out of the darkness in the long coat and the wolffish grin after hugging Mick in Faraway eyes. I know his playing not up to much sadly but those two moments priceless

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 4, 2015 22:46

It was probably "thanks for the gifts". Could have been almost anything, cigars, Presidential pen set, artwork, wine. Probably picked by staffers from a huge selection of schwag Presidents have at their disposal to give visitors and diplomats. peace

Date: February 5, 2015 10:44

Yes it probably was something like Keith mentioning a brand name which would
Have been removed in order to avoid any type of endorsement on the part of
The former President.

However I prefer it to be one of the following:

1. Thanks for the get out of jail free card.

2. Thanks letting me see the aliens kept in Area 51.

3. Thanks for letting me snort the ashes of the deceased aliens kept
In Area 51.

4. Unlike Monica, thanks for having my jacket dry cleaned. (Yeck)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 5, 2015 14:03

Thanks for nothing...

Date: February 5, 2015 16:40

Naturalust
It was probably "thanks for the gifts". Could have been almost anything, cigars, Presidential pen set, artwork, wine. Probably picked by staffers from a huge selection of schwag Presidents have at their disposal to give visitors and diplomats. peace

That scene is complete bullshit. It's not anything significant like cigar or dildo... it's just one more stupid film making moment by that twerp Marty. He made it seem like Keith said something graphic. There's so much moving/editing going on in that intro part - someone forgot to tell Marty that that kind of editing is old and boring...

Oh wait. Just like his movies. Nevermind.

Date: February 5, 2015 20:00

Maybe their carbon quota touring? They were the first of the big bands doing that, I read somewhere.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: February 5, 2015 20:26

"Thanks for letting me live in the country after all the drug busts"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 5, 2015 20:32

GasLightStreet
it's just one more stupid film making moment by that twerp Marty

I'm so glad I'm not alone

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 6, 2015 04:01

with sssoul
GasLightStreet

He has made some beautiful films...Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, GoodFellas, The Last Waltz, The Age of Innocence. But he might be a twerp.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 6, 2015 07:10

latebloomer
with sssoul
GasLightStreet

He has made some beautiful films...Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, GoodFellas, The Last Waltz, The Age of Innocence. But he might be a twerp.

Don't know him so can't comment on the twerp status, except to say he looks the part. But The last Waltz and Taxi Driver were so good I have some respect the guy. peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home