Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Andy Johns
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 30, 2015 21:01

RIP, another music legend gone too early.

Re: RIP Andy Johns
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 30, 2015 21:11

The producer/engineer who died several years ago?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 30, 2015 21:12

[www.iorr.org]

No disrespect to you or Andy but he passed almost two years ago and there was a previous RIP thread here.

peace

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 30, 2015 21:17

My fault, just saw an article dated from today about it. Made it look like he just died.

Date: January 30, 2015 21:30

Hound Dog
My fault, just saw an article dated from today about it. Made it look like he just died.

No worries Dog, Andy was a great engineer and such a huge part of so many great records, I'm still holding a candle for him. If the article is interesting, I'm sure some of us would enjoy a link to it. peace

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 30, 2015 21:40

Naturalust
[www.iorr.org]

No disrespect to you or Andy but he passed almost two years ago and there was a previous RIP thread here.

peace

Which makes it even more "too early".

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 30, 2015 23:24

He made a killer psych album in 1970 with engineer Mike Bobak and UK psych legend Wil Malone who was also in Ornage Bicycle. Here's a great cut.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 31, 2015 01:09

Great? Sorry I only heard the drums ...it sounds like he use some plastic buckets..............

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 31, 2015 03:49

Andy was responsible for a long list of classics

Date: January 31, 2015 05:13

swimtothemoon
Andy was responsible for a long list of classics

Somehow I don't think responsible and Andy Johns work well in the same sentence, but yes he was involved on some of my favorite records. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 31, 2015 05:35

He died again?

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: January 31, 2015 09:37

NICOS
Great? Sorry I only heard the drums ...it sounds like he use some plastic buckets..............

And here we have the next bloke judging quality of songs by MPG´S - BY POSTED TRACKS IN THE INTERNET. How long your ´re here on iorr - 20 seconds?

Date: January 31, 2015 09:47

caschimann
NICOS

And here we have the next bloke judging quality of songs by MPG´S - BY POSTED TRACKS IN THE INTERNET. How long your ´re here on iorr - 20 seconds?

No worries NICOS, all the hi-res, analog, hi fidelity reproduction available couldn't help that drum sound. It sure isn't a low bit rate internet compression/reproduction problem. peace

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2015 10:06

Silver Dagger
He made a killer psych album in 1970 with engineer Mike Bobak and UK psych legend Wil Malone who was also in Ornage Bicycle. Here's a great cut.

Thanks for posting! Love it

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:44

<<He died again?>>

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 7, 2015 06:13

Engineer Andy Johns discusses the making of The Rolling Stones’ ‘Exile on Main Street’ : [www.goldminemag.com]

Date: February 7, 2015 07:00

2000 LYFH
Engineer Andy Johns discusses the making of The Rolling Stones’ ‘Exile on Main Street’ : [www.goldminemag.com]

Excellent interview with Andy. Some of the stories we've all heard before but he also answers and sheds light on some of the questions/topics we've discussed here recently:

1. Jimmy Miller played drums from the breakdown to the end on Tumbling Dice "it was an easy place to punch him in".

2.As early as 1973, Mick Taylor was angry at not being allowed to write for the Stones and his ideas were constantly shot down.

peace

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 7, 2015 18:36

Naturalust
2000 LYFH

Excellent interview with Andy. Some of the stories we've all heard before but he also answers and sheds light on some of the questions/topics we've discussed here recently:

1. Jimmy Miller played drums from the breakdown to the end on Tumbling Dice "it was an easy place to punch him in".

2.As early as 1973, Mick Taylor was angry at not being allowed to write for the Stones and his ideas were constantly shot down.

peace

Well his ideas may shot down....but his his stamp are all over the golden era...........

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: February 7, 2015 20:43

Hound Dog
RIP, another music legend gone too early.

I am sorry to break it to you, but Jimmy Miller also died.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 7, 2015 21:06

Nice article, thanks. So Mick was still thinking of dumping Wyman as late as '71. Hard to believe he was such an idiot in so many ways.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 8, 2015 15:21

At least we still have Bill Graham...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 9, 2015 08:37

Poor Andy just keeps dying..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home