Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What did Sam Cutler do from 1973-2012?
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 28, 2015 06:56

His book cuts off at 73 what did he do for next forty years?

Re: What did Sam Cutler do from 1973-2012?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:21

He worked in the music business as a road manager for a while. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was the road manager for a rock/reggae band called Weapon Of Peace, signed to Safari Records in the UK.

They played a gig in Hitchin, about 30 miles north of London and the band put out an advert on the radio that anyone who wanted could come along for free. I got a photo of him and we had a smoke and chat on the bus but he didn't want to talk about the Stones unfortunately. Very nice chap though.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:29

Cool story Mike. smileys with beer

He does come over as a nice bloke ,especially after reading his Facebook posts when he got tickets from Charlie for one of the European gigs.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:36

crawdaddy
Cool story Mike. smileys with beer

He does come over as a nice bloke ,especially after reading his Facebook posts when he got tickets from Charlie for one of the European gigs.

That was in Australia, wasn't it? I remember reading a post here about him. It seems that he was going to live there, if I'm not wrong.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:39

Yes ! You are right Cristiano. I think it was Brisbane where he lives,but may be wrong.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 28, 2015 21:37

he got high and watched some tube

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2015 22:03

Tried ta find some shelter....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 28, 2015 22:29

What did most people do after being in the Stones/Grateful Dead inner circle? Rehab and recovery....

It is a good question. He obviously raised two boys, since there is so little about his activities and it seems we'd hear more if he was engaged in money making activities, I'm guessing he was a house-husband......It's possible his book financed his last 40 years but I doubt it. His booking agency, Out of Town Tours did some business in the 70's but I don't think it lasted.

Swiss has had some recent contact with him and might know more, but I think her focus with him was about Altamont.

peace

Date: January 29, 2015 05:23

Maybe the Dead would say he lived off all the money he stole from them. I thought great book, best on Altamont there is.

Date: January 29, 2015 06:55

Probably one of the best Sam Cutler interviews I've seen, although as usual he doesn't talk about what he was doing the last 40 years.

Interesting to learn that some California girl at a Burbank film studio watching the Stones rehearse was responsible for "The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" introductions, but that it was initially tongue and cheek for Sam who says they were horrible at the time (but quickly made up for it with hard work).

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2015 07:11

Hey yeah ...
I attended that Brian Wise/Sam Cutler interview night

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2015 10:32

He is flying in from Australia for the Dead reunion in Chicago in July of this year...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-29 10:32 by little queenie.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 30, 2015 09:00

Just posted a link for him on his facebook page, maybe he might just drop in and answer this question.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 30, 2015 10:57

Naturalust
Interesting to learn that some California girl at a Burbank film studio watching the Stones rehearse was responsible for "The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" introductions, but that it was initially tongue and cheek for Sam who says they were horrible at the time (but quickly made up for it with hard work).

That is interesting indeed - but the Burbank rehearsals were in November,
and he used the phrase at Hyde Park in July. Twice, even!

Date: January 30, 2015 16:19

Let's also ask him what he means by saying twice he saved Jerry Garcia from getting killed.

Date: January 30, 2015 21:08

with sssoul
Naturalust

That is interesting indeed - but the Burbank rehearsals were in November,
and he used the phrase at Hyde Park in July. Twice, even!

Nice catch! Even Sam Cutler can't pull one off on our great IORR scholars. thumbs up

I can only assume one or more of the following is true:

1. It was actually some English girl in the Apple studios during the Hyde park rehearsals.

2. Sam's memory isn't as good as his stories, some of which he's obviously developed and embellished in the last 45 years.

3. Sam was indeed scolded by Jagger after the Hyde park introductions but used the later Burbank girl's statement to convince Mick (and himself) that it wasn't too outrageous to keep the statement for the entire 1969 tour.

I wonder if Jagger has ever been asked about this? Seems I recall an interview somewhere where he dismissively says something like "That's just something our tour manager Sam Cutler came up with".....

peace

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 31, 2015 02:02

Sam Cutler - it's the subject of my next book not for social media LOL.

Sam's response about hearing about this thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home