Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Contacting Jane Rose Help?
Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: January 26, 2015 11:39

CaptainCorella
If you knew Bobby well enough for him to do a session on your record, then you must have a contact for his "management". They will surely have a contact for Keith. Ask them?

I didn't know Bobby before we worked together. From what I can tell and the way we did our business, he managed himself. To cut a long story short, he liked the track I sent him so much that he invited me out to Nashville to cut it. No management involved. Total legend.

Date: January 26, 2015 11:42

Naturalust
Raymond82
No it isn't private. It's not anything like that. I wanted to send him a copy of my new record which features Bobby Keys on sax. I can't say for sure but I think mine was the last thing he ever recorded on. We hooked up late October 2013 & I know he was then busy with the rock and roll hall of fame stuff, then the Stones.
I've no way of knowing really but his solo on my song is absolutely immense. I guess I just wanted to try and get a copy to Keith to hear his old pal one last time, albeit in a different context.

Feel free to post that tune here Raymond! Keith isn't the only one who'd like to hear Bobby blowing another rippin' solo.

peace

Well it's only a rough mix but here you go. The proper album version will be available in May. He solos in the middle and then the outro. The outro is spectacular. He asked me what I had in mind for the song, I said, just be Bobby Keys man...he said, I think I can do that! Hope you like it!

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 26, 2015 12:13

Just to say...like it very much...some real energy there and great piano/sax interplay. As you said BK's outro is great and what a lovely story. Hope you get it to Keith, sure he'd appreciate

Date: January 26, 2015 13:54

exhpart
Just to say...like it very much...some real energy there and great piano/sax interplay. As you said BK's outro is great and what a lovely story. Hope you get it to Keith, sure he'd appreciate

That's a nice thing to write. Thanks very much for listening to it and I'll keep you updated with the Keith endeavours!!

Date: January 26, 2015 13:55

latcho
Thanks, verry interesting , did you got her adres ?
if you cant work it out, please let me know.
i can help you out.

Still having no luck with an email address for Jane or her company. Any help would be so great! Thanks!! Ps- check out the song. I posted it a few messages ago. Cheers!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:30

Catchy song and fantastic sax by the great man. I hope the track makes it to where it needs to go (Keith's ears)!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:36

Raymond82
latcho
i can help you out.

Still having no luck with an email address for Jane or her company. Any help would be so great! Thanks!! Ps- check out the song. I posted it a few messages ago. Cheers!

Just look for Raindrop Services in New York...

Date: January 26, 2015 14:47

Dreamer
Raymond82
latcho
i can help you out.

I've done that. I even called the offices. They said to mail it, which I will do, bit I just would've liked to send an email with a bit of the story to see if it helped with what I'm trying to do! Thanks.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:48

Big thumbs on the song, Raymond82 thumbs upthumbs up
I surfed from soundcloud to your site - check your website email - I've sent some pertinent info.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:48

Personally I find the idea of anyone thinking they need to contact people who work for the band (collectively or as an individual) a bit creepy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-26 14:51 by MrThompsonWooft.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:50

the

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:58

This is a musician whose song features beautiful sax playing by Bobby Keys in what may have been his last recorded performance. He wants to send this song to Keith’s people. Sorry, MrThompsonWooft, I just don’t find this scenario the least bit creepy. In fact, I wish him the best of luck thumbs up

Date: January 26, 2015 15:02

Plink
This is a musician whose song features beautiful sax playing by Bobby Keys in what may have been his last recorded performance. He wants to send this song to Keith’s people. Sorry, MrThompsonWooft, I just don’t find this scenario the least bit creepy. In fact, I wish him the best of luck thumbs up

+1

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: January 26, 2015 15:10

Raymond82
Dreamer
Raymond82
latcho
i can help you out.

I've done that. I even called the offices. They said to mail it, which I will do, bit I just would've liked to send an email with a bit of the story to see if it helped with what I'm trying to do! Thanks.

Ok Raymond. I just sent you an email with an email address. Good luck!

Date: January 26, 2015 16:19

MrThompsonWooft
Personally I find the idea of anyone thinking they need to contact people who work for the band (collectively or as an individual) a bit creepy.

Ideally I'd just call Keith up and say can I send you the track but I'm sure you'll agree, it ain't likely, is it!?

I'm glad the majority of posters on here see why I'd like Keith to hear the track. I'm not asking for anything, I'm not looking for anything, I just thought it was something he might enjoy hearing. Nothing more sinister than that...

Date: January 26, 2015 16:22

Thanks for all the good vibes and feedback people...especially the private emails! I'm investigating every possible avenue. I'll keep you up to date if there's any progress!
Thanks again!

Date: January 26, 2015 16:27

Jane is probably also corresponding via Mindless Records, Ray:

mndlsrcds@gmail.com

Date: January 26, 2015 16:54

DandelionPowderman
Jane is probably also corresponding via Mindless Records, Ray:

[email protected]

Thanks! Sent a message over! thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 26, 2015 17:20

adding to the likes for this tune..

best to you Raymond, hope your song gets to Keith.

if I may- the song rocks, and is kinda Buddy Holly-ish..reckon Bobby picked up on that big time..

Date: January 26, 2015 18:08

duke richardson
adding to the likes for this tune..

best to you Raymond, hope your song gets to Keith.

if I may- the song rocks, and is kinda Buddy Holly-ish..reckon Bobby picked up on that big time..

Thanks Duke...

It was funny, he asked what key it was in and then started to think about where it'd be going in the song. When the time came, he absolutely nailed it. It was spine tingling standing 2 feet away from the guy who lit up so many of my favourite songs, even more so that he was now blowing on one of mine! We did 3 takes but the first one was too good not to use, so that's what we did. I've got a great video clip but not sure how I can share that on here. It's a great memory now.

Date: January 26, 2015 18:17

fantastic to see that video!

thanks so much for sharing, this is good, good stuff and if youre right about his last recording, its quite significant.
in any case, thanks again.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: January 26, 2015 18:32

Papo
Why would anybody send a parcel to Keith Richards? If one knew him privately, he'd know where to send it.
If not...well...why bother. I guess it ends up in the dustbin, unopened. That's how I'd deal with it.

I'd like to apologize for being so rude.
I've been working with a lot of famous people and there's always some fan sending strange things. Or they wait at the backstage entrance to hand over cakes, cookies (which of course get thrown away!), self-written poems or books and from time to time there has been some really crazy guy or girl who truly believed the famous one / celebrety was their true friend. Which is never true. Of course, famous people have friends, too - but I think you know what I mean.
It's so emberrassing for the people I worked with that I desided to never wait in front of a hotel for the Stones and will never aks anybody for an autograph or even talk to them in their private time.

That being said, I think that Mr Richards would be happy to get that record and I hope you'll find a way to get it to him.
Sorry again, Raymond!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-26 18:33 by Papo.

Date: January 26, 2015 19:01

Papo
Papo
Why would anybody send a parcel to Keith Richards? If one knew him privately, he'd know where to send it.
If not...well...why bother. I guess it ends up in the dustbin, unopened. That's how I'd deal with it.

I'd like to apologize for being so rude.
I've been working with a lot of famous people and there's always some fan sending strange things. Or they wait at the backstage entrance to hand over cakes, cookies (which of course get thrown away!), self-written poems or books and from time to time there has been some really crazy guy or girl who truly believed the famous one / celebrety was their true friend. Which is never true. Of course, famous people have friends, too - but I think you know what I mean.
It's so emberrassing for the people I worked with that I desided to never wait in front of a hotel for the Stones and will never aks anybody for an autograph or even talk to them in their private time.

That being said, I think that Mr Richards would be happy to get that record and I hope you'll find a way to get it to him.
Sorry again, Raymond!

Hey, don't worry about it.

I understood your reaction. I was a bit vague in my original message. I didn't want to put too much info up at first.

This is all with good intentions, I just thought it would be a cool thing to do. I thought it was something that Keith might be interested in because he loved Bobbys playing so much.

I'm realistic though & the chances of it reaching him are slim to none! I'm just glad so many people on here liked it and got to hear the great Bobby Keys one last time.

Thanks for the message, appreciate it!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: January 26, 2015 20:12

Great tune, thanks! I may be naive but I believe Keith likes good music, his entourage knows this and somehow good music seems to find its way to Keith. Good luck!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 26, 2015 20:22

Raymond!

Great tune! Well done!

Also, because of your being a "bit vague" in your original post,
this thread is AWESOME.

Good luck on your Quest For Keith!
I've got a feeling that it will get there.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2015 20:26

Raymond82
Well it's only a rough mix but here you go. The proper album version will be available in May. He solos in the middle and then the outro. The outro is spectacular. He asked me what I had in mind for the song, I said, just be Bobby Keys man...he said, I think I can do that! Hope you like it!

[soundcloud.com]

I remember reading your post about your meeting with Bobby some months ago, but I haven't listened to the song you've recorded with him, and this is great. I hope you can get your song delivered to Keith. thumbs up

Date: January 26, 2015 21:02

Kurt
Raymond!

Great tune! Well done!

Also, because of your being a "bit vague" in your original post,
this thread is AWESOME.

Good luck on your Quest For Keith!
I've got a feeling that it will get there.

Thanks Kurt, appreciate you giving it a listen!

The thread has been great! So many cool people sending good vibes. There's been a whole bunch of emails too. I've followed up every lead!!
I'd be probably the happiest guy in the world if Keith heard it. Everybody saying they hope it finds him is amazing. I'll try my best!

Date: January 26, 2015 21:17

Raymond-
I didn't want to post your facebook link without your permission, but if you post it, then folks can see the video of Bobby recording his contribution to your song...

and sadly possibly his last recording..?

Date: January 26, 2015 21:18

duke richardson
Raymond-
I didn't want to post your facebook link without your permission, but if you post it, then folks can see the video of Bobby recording his contribution to your song...

Duke, feel free to do that mate!

I didn't know that'd work!

Cheers!

Date: January 26, 2015 21:22

Raymond82
duke richardson
Raymond-

Duke, feel free to do that mate!

I didn't know that'd work!

Cheers!

just search in Facebook for Raymond Meade Music..

then find the videos part...

there's Bobby!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-26 21:28 by duke richardson.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home