Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Biggest Keith Fails 50s On Counting/14 On Fire
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 16, 2015 21:23

Even if Keith plays very good and focused since 2012, sometimes he has his classical moments when he fails.
I start with a few videos, please post some more Keith-fails. grinning smiley

Brown Sugar Intro, Zürich 2014: [youtu.be]
Satisfaction Intro, Washington DC 2013: [youtu.be]
Start Me Up Intro, Hyde Park 2013: [youtu.be]
Start Me Up Intro, Berlin 2014: [youtu.be]

Re: Biggest Keith Fails 50s On Counting/14 On Fire
Date: January 16, 2015 21:45

HTW intro on November 25, London O2.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 16, 2015 21:50

What is the point? Negativity? Take a cold shower and get sober.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2015 21:56

I for one enjoy hearing the mistakes. If they were always perfect... it would get boring. It removes some of the assumption that they can play these songs in their sleep!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 16, 2015 21:57

bv

thumbs up

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: January 16, 2015 21:58

I find it interesting. Besides, the list is much shorter than in 2007. That's a good thing. Without some constructive criticism (not that it came from IORR) I don't think Keith and the band would be playing at the level they are now. It's good for Keith and the fans alike to stay honest.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:04

bv

That's the pot calling the kettle black! grinning smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:15

I don´t @#$%& care. In 2012 I didn´t believe
that he could play a n y t h i n g.
He surprised me big time!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:21

TooTough
I don´t @#$%& care. In 2012 I didn´t believe
that he could play a n y t h i n g.
He surprised me big time!

thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

sc uk

Date: January 16, 2015 22:33

They surprised us all on this tour (2012-2015). All the shows I attended were fantastic, for different reasons.

That doesn't mean that we can't smile a bit about incidents that happen during shows. It doesn't mean anything, really.

As a musician myself I know that anything can happen on stage, even with the best professional musicians. Things like this doesn't have to be negative, imo.

Date: January 16, 2015 22:35

bv
No it's just funny grinning smiley
Without such mistakes it wouldn't be keef winking smiley
Negativity? I rather enjoy it
("Oh, our keef tries out sometimes new grinning smiley he never gets old..")

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:45

bv

Yeah that's a silly thread which makes me think me of banderillas getting into a
bull's back one by one... Urgh! angry smiley

But I disagree about the "get sober" part. I'm sure quite a few excellent posts/threads here at IORR have been made/started by people not exactly sober...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:51

Keef is perfect imperfection, mistakes are overwritten by moments of sheer beauty and geniushot smiley

Date: January 16, 2015 22:56

thumbs up and he always was.
I actually thought that true fans would take that much easier, it's just Keef and nothing to worry about. Just though I could be funny to collect some 'special' Keef- moments of the last tour.

What's for example very funny it the reaction of Mick in the Brown Sugar-video of Zürich. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-16 22:59 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 16, 2015 22:58

desertblues68
Keef is perfect imperfection, mistakes are overwritten by moments of sheer beauty and geniushot smiley

As most musicians will testify, mistakes can often cause moments of sheer beauty and genius!

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:01

Marcel Marceau probably made a million wrong moves but nobody noticed ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:43

BV come on now... We all love the band. I'd say 95% of us on here went to a gig and had a blast! I remember many of us wondering if Keith could still play. Arthritis is brutal and Keith suffers from it on a daily basis. He is a champ.

That being said, it is amazing how simple riffs get screwed up here n there. Brown Sugar, opening song back in 2002 at Ford Field... He ruined the intro more than most shows. The rest of the gig he played like he wanted to make up for it.

Love those moments for the same reason as the rarities... I would rather hear the version of 2,000 Light Years From Home where Mick couldn't find his bearing during the song (in-ear monitor mix issue, not skill). Rough edges and all, those moments are far more intriguing than Start Me Up for the umpteeth time.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:43

Yep the man is a mere mortal and makes mistakes in the public eye. So what? Interesting that it's followed by the Mick's Best Vocal Performances thread.

Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: January 17, 2015 03:09

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-17 03:53 by StonedALIVE.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 17, 2015 03:28

StonedALIVE
. Many of us found the Stones by mistake and it sucked us into all those wonderful moods and feelings.

Just curious how you found the Stones by mistake...wrong CD in the disc case? Scanning the radio stations?

peace

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 17, 2015 03:35

What a lame thread.....Keith's laughing at us as we type

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 04:48

Nah, fantastic thread. Very interesting. Certain that Keith is laughing along with us. This conversation has been going on as long as there have been die-hard fans. Totally adds to the fun of this 50 year love affair.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 17, 2015 05:03

I'd rather celebrate when Keef hits those riffs and fills that fill my soul.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 06:29

Its funny but you don't hear one single mistake being made by Jimmy Page on their Celebration DVD???

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 07:48

rob51
Its funny but you don't hear one single mistake being made by Jimmy Page on their Celebration DVD???

Ha, not sure exactly what you mean by this (I hear plenty mistakes by JP everywhere!!) but for me the main appeal of Jimmy Page live with LZ back in their glory days was how wonderfully f'in SLOPPY he was! Loud and proud sloppy, too! And it was great.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: January 17, 2015 08:01

I really don't see the point of this thread and am surprised it survived the wrath of BV.

All I know is when I saw them twice in Perth that they f#cking rocked - especially the second nite. Keith was a fucHing God.

Without mistakes they'd be picture perfect Dire Straits. Who in God's name here would want that? They're live, real and it could all fall apart at any minute - it's part of their live mojo. When they screw it they screw it better than anyone - especially Keith - but the trade off is when they're in that place only they have the keys to visit - they are untouchable and sublime. Worth every bum note Keith ever hit in my opinion.

Here's to many, many more "fails"! smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 08:02

OK, here's my take. I found one or two of those clips really funny. I gasped with near-disbelief at the Hyde Park one, but I was still really amused. Kinda sniggering and stuff like that. And you know what my bottom line is? Keef is such a master, but anybody's gonna screw up sometimes, so that's why I had a good laugh, but I didn't hold anything against him. C'mon, you serious folk, it's like watching some outtakes and bloopers. If I got to talk to Keef about it, I'd say "yeah, wasn't that a hoot?", have another good laugh, and that's all. Play these bloopers as much as you like, and despite that, Keef still rules, no argument.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 08:38

OzHeavyThrobber

Without mistakes they'd be picture perfect Dire Straits. Who in God's name here would want that?

Well, I very much get your point. But you're implying Mark Knopfler should somehow be faulted for a technical proficiency that is rare in rock. [I mean, he's a rocker who could neck & neck it with Chet Atkins, for chrissakes. Well...to a point. I think Chet circa 1952 is just about unapproachable.]

Hey, I'll take sloppy with mistakes every day of the week over note-for-note accuracy. But Knopfler somehow should get a bit of a pass here. He actually "gets" the beauty in the Stones' approach, I think. Well, he has at least been on record for at least appreciating it, if not in any overt way emulating it. He can funk it up and dirty it up when he chooses. He's just so damn good that his proficiency almost gets in the way of his talent. But he "gets" the blues.

He also has one of my favorite quotes about the somewhat revisionist history that now automatically/reflexively elevates the significance of LZ: "If you think going back means Led Zeppelin, have another think!"

see link below for more than anybody on this board probably wants to know about MK. The bit about MK's fascination with Chicago blues at 11:36 and the subsequent evolution of how that begat Romeo and Juliet, as demonstrated on a National resonator, is just pretty cool. But this whole thing is cool:

how MK "gets" how bluesy Stones tunes are to be f'in valued.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-17 08:51 by rocker1.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: January 17, 2015 09:01

I don't mean to knock him if that's how it appears, he's a genius at the guitar and an excellent song writer - my (unclear) point was that when seeing him/them it's note perfect and lifeless. One might as well stay home and listen to the cd. There is no air of excitement or danger - it's all too well rehearsed I guess is what I'm saying.
The Stones are the greatest and at times have been horrible because of the same reason - a looseness and almost tardiness that has inherently been with them from the outset. They are greater than the some of their parts and when that greatness kicks in - mistakes and all - they're were and probably to some extent still are unbeatable.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 17, 2015 09:28

These "mistakes" are minor and brief and do not detract at all from the energy of the show or the great live performances. It proves that we are watching a real band of musicians playing with soul and passion, and I also love the way that, when these things happen the rest of the band are supportive and have a bit of a laugh.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home