Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Ronnie on "X Factor" Finale, December 14
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 18, 2014 02:25

Wicked night at @TheXFactor with @ronniewood & @onedirection thanks guys! Xx

Congrats to @Bhaenow & also @FleurEast

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: December 18, 2014 15:08

Good one Ronnie:-) Too many old farts around heresmileys with beer

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 18, 2014 16:56

Big Al
Silly old fool.

hey, that waasn't Ron Wood, that was "Ronnie Woods" up there... smiling smiley

Posted by: rereuk ()
Date: December 18, 2014 18:45

Truly, i respect him a lot but personally i would sack his agent or pr. of course he could have his personal tastes but OD? naawww please. we in the uk know they can't sing and they are simply a figment of cowell's imagination. please ronnie...come to meetings more often. it might help!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: December 18, 2014 21:06

OzHeavyThrobber
The music they do sucks but so what? Good on them and good on Ronnie! What's he gonna do? Go down to the Bag O Nails and wait for Hendrix or Lennon to show up and talk shop?
These guys pay reverence to the Stones and even played with one in front of millions of TV fans. I don't get why anyone is bothered by this.
Rock on Ronnie you rock legend I sez.

I suppose that's a good way of looking at it.

I had no idea about this until I checked out IORR just now. Can't stand X-Factor or Simon Cowell so wouldn't have known Ronnie was on. Guess I'll have to check out the clip and see what I think.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: December 18, 2014 21:55

OzHeavyThrobber
The music they do sucks but so what? Good on them and good on Ronnie! What's he gonna do? Go down to the Bag O Nails and wait for Hendrix or Lennon to show up and talk shop?
These guys pay reverence to the Stones and even played with one in front of millions of TV fans. I don't get why anyone is bothered by this.
Rock on Ronnie you rock legend I sez.

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 19, 2014 02:23

I wonder if the Stones completist sees this as a necessary item in the collection?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 19, 2014 11:27

Embarrassing... sad smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 19, 2014 16:22

Ronnie is having a good time and lots of fun.

Grumpy old posters who don't appreciate current bands and music get annoyed.

Everybody's happy. smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:47

Koen

are you saying the grumpy old posters who don't appreciate current bands and music that get annoyed, are happy?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:57

treaclefingers
Koen

are you saying the grumpy old posters who don't appreciate current bands and music that get annoyed, are happy?

If so, I'd tend to agree with him... Many of the "grumpy old posters" seem to revel in their grumpiness... Or at least wear it as a badge of honor. It seems that although they are grumpy in their current posts they take great satisfaction/enjoyment in using those posts to show how superior things/they were back in the "good old days".

I could be wrong though...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: December 19, 2014 19:42

Always surprised at the number of "Ronnie haters" on this site. My guess is they would have been thrilled if MT had appeared in the same spot.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 19, 2014 19:45

mr_dja

Nope, that's exactly what I meant.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 20, 2014 00:35

Koen
mr_dja

Nope, that's exactly what I meant.

well that explains the spring in my step!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 20, 2014 08:05

"Ronnie Wood also spoke of his friendship with Harry Styles and company [One Direction], who are about to star in their own 3-D concert movie:

"`I remember them before they made it and I said, 'come on stick with it boys, you can do it,'" Wood said. "They still want me to come and jam with them I said, 'yeah, I’ll come and play with you anytime.'"

And

"I watched a concert of One Direction on the TV the other night, you know just to check [it] out," Jagger said. "It reminded me very much of our early concerts..."

From [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 20, 2014 13:00

Title5Take1

"I watched a concert of One Direction on the TV the other night, you know just to check [it] out," Jagger said. "It reminded me very much of our early concerts..."

From [www.rollingstone.com]

Now for the first time I am tempted not to regret that I had not chance to see The Stones in the early days, I haven't missed anything, according to Mick winking smiley

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 21, 2014 08:34

Is there anything more sad than some old goat trying to get hip with a bunch of kids? This was a new low for The Stones, no doubt about it!

Timberlake, Stefani, Gaga, Swift and now "One direction!" Tragic.......

However, this does mean that my dream of seeing Justin Beiber on stage with The Stones is that much closer, and when the inevitable does happen, the same posters on IORR will be describing it as...... "A bit of fun." It wont be fun, oh no, it will be cringeworthy, just as this whole X factor thing with Ronnie is cringeworthy.

At least with Jagger we know there is method in his madness.... He wants to get his willy wet with the likes of Stefani, and who can blame him. For the life of me though, I cannot understand why Ronnie has embarrassed himself in this way. I do take into account that Ron is, and always has been a shameless old tart when it comes to the need for him to name drop, and rub shoulders with celebs, but this goes beyond the pale. Keith, for the love of God.... please have a word!!!!

Also , if any of Ronnies grandkids read this...... Tell Grandpa to get off the dancefloor..... He's just embarrassing himself!

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: December 21, 2014 10:16

strat72
Also , if any of Ronnies grandkids read this...... Tell Grandpa to get off the dancefloor..... He's just embarrassing himself!

I think Ronnie does get a bad rap on this board. That's unfortunate. Imagine if you said this about Keith...you'd get about 10 immediate retorts.

That's what you're going for, right? Just change "Ronnie" to "Keith". Isn't there a troll school by now?

Date: December 21, 2014 11:03

Rolling Stone

I totally get this. Sir Michael is, first and foremost, a businessman these days. Of course he lies - he hasn't watched a One Direction concert on the TV (maybe a snippet of a song though...).

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 21, 2014 11:30

Stoneage
Rolling Stone

I totally get this. Sir Michael is, first and foremost, a businessman these days. Of course he lies - he hasn't watched a One Direction concert on the TV (maybe a snippet of a song though...).

Some years ago Mick said of Robbie Williams that as a performer he reminded him of himself in his momentum years... And many, many years ago Mick said of Sex Pistols-like punk bands that they reminded him of their early records.... Sir Mike has some perspective to comment things....

- Doxa

Date: December 21, 2014 15:36

God forbid that they play with younger artists who are hip today. No, let's just stick to the old bluesmen to keep the old veterans happy. Can't have fun, it will ruin the legacy of the Stones....this has to be the most grumpy forum ever.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 21, 2014 16:15

It is the grumpiest forum ever....I'm not even old enough to act this crotchety...
This forum is headed in one direction as far as I can tell...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 21, 2014 16:44

Just watched it, horrible on all accounts...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 21, 2014 17:23

gotdablouse
Just watched it, horrible on all accounts...

The camera work was actually quite well done. I'm sure you'll be hearing from their union...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 21, 2014 19:20

"I was just interested in music as a whole. I didn't really give a siht: If I liked Tab Hunter singing RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET, I went out and bought the record. I'm still the same now really; most musicians are." Mick Jagger in According to the Rolling Stones p. 35

Date: December 21, 2014 22:35

bobo
God forbid that they play with younger artists who are hip today.

I would agree with this if One Direction were artists. They aren't. They are products. Thought out by the industry. Pin-ups for young girls. They aren't even musicians.

Date: December 21, 2014 23:09

Stoneage
bobo
God forbid that they play with younger artists who are hip today.

I would agree with this if One Direction were artists. They aren't. They are products. Thought out by the industry. Pin-ups for young girls. They aren't even musicians.

I can agree with that, I used a wrong name for it. Just don't get the extremely negativety among most people here. Ronnie just had a good laugh.Good for him. He always looks like a very positive guy and I think he deserves that without all the piss splattered out here.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: December 21, 2014 23:34

Unfortunately, many of the people posting on this site don't even show Ronnie any respect when he's playing with the Stones.

Date: December 21, 2014 23:59

You could argue though that dissing him for promoting commercial shite like this is actually showing him some respect...

Date: December 22, 2014 00:29

And the thunder rolls......

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home