Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SACD SHM CD'S
Posted by: max56 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 11:15

How you rate the sacd shm cd's ?

Re: SACD SHM CD'S
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 12, 2014 12:45

The original releases were great, and IORR had long versions of Fingerprint File and Time Waits for no One not previously available. However, there are rumors that the new SACD reissues have been tampered with. No confirmation yet.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 12, 2014 14:23

Wonder why they would go through the effort of tampering with already mastered music. Especially since it was already suppose to be the best possible. That's what we were told anyway. Hope this is not true.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 6, 2015 23:22

I just got myself "England's newest hitmakers" in one of those japanese shm sacd versions. I haven't been jumping around the room this much in a long time. The sound is stunning

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 7, 2015 05:48

I got the new reissues of GHS, IORR BNB AND TU.
All sound amazing- I'm certain they are the same as the 2011 masters- I have the originals of SF EOMS and SG and these new ones appear to be of the same quality.

The pre SF albums are the same masterings as the 2002 Abkco SACDs I believe (since I have many of those I haven't bought any of the SHM sacds.)

Anyone who is on the fence about the post 1970 albums I feel I can safely say you won't find better sounding cd versions. They are stunning (with the exception of SG, I didn't notice much improvement there)

I think cd Japan have regular SHM Cds of all titles too for those that don't have SACD players.

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: February 8, 2015 04:07

I just ordered Sticky Fingers and Exile. Looking forward to hearing these....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2015 04:13

Go for the Japanese SACD of It's Only Rock n Roll album ...
It carries the slightly longer version of Time Waits For No One
and the correct speed version of Fingerprint file ..... GREAT STUFF

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: February 8, 2015 10:16

Added IORR and Tattoo You to the order. Disappointed in the Some Girls reviews I've seen. Shame.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 8, 2015 15:13

KennedyLetsWork
Added IORR and Tattoo You to the order. Disappointed in the Some Girls reviews I've seen. Shame.

Some Girls SHM-SACD is quite strange actually : it's louder than other SACD's from the same collection and has a "limited mastering".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home