Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:52

bv
I was sitting right next to The Edge in the pool of Hollywood Bowl, just loved that show. Such a great venue, also great shows there, wish they could do more venues like that.

Back to the 2015 summer tour in North America, it will start on the Weast Coast late May and finish on the East Coast mid July. So I will do some more biking in the Topanga Hills hopefully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 16:55 by andrewt.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:53

bv
I was sitting right next to The Edge in the pool of Hollywood Bowl, just loved that show. Such a great venue, also great shows there, wish they could do more venues like that.

Back to the 2015 summer tour in North America, it will start on the Weast Coast late May and finish on the East Coast mid July. So I will do some more biking in the Topanga Hills hopefully.

Love the way you've slid this into the discussion here.

OK, so from the dates you've framed, 14 or 15 shows in all likelihood. West Coast 7, East Coast 7.

If we're being tactical in our thinking, West Coast should go something like this:

Vancouver
Seattle
San Francisco
LA
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Boulder

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:58

Right next to the edge in the pool? So you fell in the water?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:10

Last year they did 14 shows in Europe from the end of May to early July, so if this tour is going to last until mid July, we will get 16 - 19 shows or longer breaks between the shows this summer.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:37

So if they are retracing the steps of the '72 tour, I believe it started in Vancouver and Ended in New York? What other cities did they do? Wonder if they will do the cities in the same order.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 5, 2015 17:49

I will be away for work July 16-19 (in Calgary). BV, any chance they will come through the area (Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal) before that? Every year I seem to miss the best performers at Ottawa Bluesfest due to work so I hope I won't miss the Stones if they come through these parts of the country again in July!
Other than those dates above I would be pretty flexible taking a few days off.

Date: March 5, 2015 18:24

BowieStone

The Edge was not at the edge of the pool, he was in the pool - hence they were both wet grinning smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 5, 2015 19:16

georgeV
So if they are retracing the steps of the '72 tour, I believe it started in Vancouver and Ended in New York? What other cities did they do? Wonder if they will do the cities in the same order.

Is this true?!?!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 5, 2015 19:18

bv

Let me know if you stay in Woodland Hills at all, We can meet at the White Harte pub again (or somewhere else) if you have the time.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: March 5, 2015 19:37

georgeV

Vancouver
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Long Beach
Inglewood
San Diego
Tucson
Albuquerque
Denver
Bloomington
Chicago
Kansas City
Fort Worth
Houston
Mobile
Tuscaloosa
Nashville
Washington, D.C.
Norfolk
Charlotte
Knoxville
St. Louis
Akron
Indianapolis
Detroit
Toronto
Montreal
Boston
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
New York City

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 19:38 by SharksWillCry.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 5, 2015 19:38

Open dates at Rose Bowl, Hollywood Bowl & Staples Center. If LA is early June then maybe the Forum. Hoping for just one stadium show so maybe it's semi-affordable.

My end of May schedule is packed tight, would nice to pick up on some rumored dates so I can firm up my plans.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 5, 2015 20:16

I'm guessing the entire May-July tour will only include around 14 or 15 shows, based on 2 shows/week. About 1/2 the places from the '72 tour will be out of luck. Here is my best highly speculative, from the hip guess:

Vancouver
San Francisco Bay Area
Los Angeles
Denver
Chicago
Kansas City or St. Louis
Fort Worth or Dallas
Washington, D.C.
Detroit
Toronto
Montreal
Boston
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
New York City

peace

Date: March 5, 2015 20:28

If they hit Southern CA before June 21st (or after July 13th) then I'm in drinking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 5, 2015 20:30

bv

I was at that show. It was a really nice night. I doubt they'll play there again.

Date: March 5, 2015 20:40

24FPS
bv

I was at that show. It was a really nice night. I doubt they'll play there again.

...the best part was when Mick looked at the people down in front and said "When we last played here in 1966, these ($450.00) seats cost $4.50"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 5, 2015 21:15

Getting closer to an official announcement smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 5, 2015 21:55

I have prepared the 2015 Tour Dates pages:

[www.iorr.org]

It will be updated often.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:01

bv

[www.iorr.org]

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:04

Harm
bv

[www.iorr.org]

thumbs up

I'm gonna do it right this time, awesome to have them coming back two years later!!

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:22

Looking at 50 and counting I wouldn't be surprized with a start in either LA or Seattle/Vancouver. Both cities should have a high chance probability of getting a show. LA maybe 2.

TX seems to be a given. Which city? You tell me, but I'd love to see a Stones show Austin. I love that city, but Houston would be great too.

I have nothing to back this up, but I have a feeling St Louis might get a new visit, as well as Columbus, Atlanta and Miami.

Add the usual suspect cities like NY, Boston, Chicago w possible multiple shows the 15ish shows can be filled.

I hope on a nice surprise location. Like Anchorage AK, which will never happen, but that would be soo cool. Red Rocks was mentioned, or The Gorge .. such beautiful locations for a Stones show...

OK, I'll keep dreaming and wait for the leaks and/or announcements..

Date: March 5, 2015 22:23

Tour start in California late May.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:31

Awesome!

Thanks BV, see you here.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:31

BowieStone

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:33

bv
Tour start in California late May.

So the 2015 Tour Date page is prepared but not on the main page yet? Ridiculous how excited I still get with imminent Rolling Stones news!!

Date: March 5, 2015 22:37

BluzDude
bv

Let me know if you stay in Woodland Hills at all, We can meet at the White Harte pub again (or somewhere else) if you have the time.

I loved Woodland Hills and my favorite cafe there, knowing the Stones were nicely "locked up" in a secure film studio rehearsing "over the hill". I will be back for California in May, it will be hard to wait still a couple of months now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:37

Great news !

We need the BV table of rumour shows.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 5, 2015 22:46

I am guessing for the lone Canadian stop they will hit the plains of Abraham in Quebec City...timing seems to line up with the festival dates they hold there too. Saw Roger Waters the Wall here and it is a really magnificent venue in a really cool city. B2B show in the Colisee du Quebec was an off the chart show in a small venue capped off by the start of the Ice Storm of 98 which we had to endure on the long drive home afterwards...never thought we would make it.
The other option would be Ottawa...I dont think they will return to TO And Montreal...only so many stops to make and if there is one Canuck stop Quebec City is closest to me so I will take it. However I have also promised my 14 yr old daughter to take her to see them in NYC if it happens...I have never been myself and we are really looking forward to this. Was really hoping for MSG but the Queens venue also looks cool. Looking forward to the DEEETS as I need to plan around the Dead50 shows which will also be a frreak show and a trip back to another time.

Shaping up to be an all around great summer for shows! Buckle up.

Date: March 5, 2015 23:02

COME ON BV!!!!

Give us a hint if any shows will be in the middle of the US!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 5, 2015 23:17

Hollywood Bowl May 27

Date: March 5, 2015 23:25

Where should one plan on spending July 4th weekend I wonder? Somewhere with cheesesteaks I hope? smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home