Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 4, 2015 15:32

MarthaTuesday
MononoM
i travelled to hong kong very last minute in 2003. without ticket, hotel etc smiling smiley i ended up at splendid places at both shows smiling smiley had great times at the stones hotel too (even met bill clinton there lol).

dont plan to much when you go see the stones smiling smiley

I'm going to have to take that attitude this time. Then again, I've always been fairly bad at advance planning - but mostly things seem to work out when I play by ear. smiling smiley

Still holding out hope of making it to the States this summer. If I can't make it, so be it and I'll follow the tour with others here online - but I've been thinking of a trip to the States anyway (and catching up with a friend in NYC).

Just hoping I'll be able to sort out work schedules - and get my eyes sorted as they've been playing up again.
Hi Martha,

Nice to see you backthumbs up If travelling a long and expensive distance such as to the US, I'd tend to make plans in advance. I know I travelled ticketless to Paris and got lucky, but it was only a £20 coach return from London (booked ages in advance and paid for with doubled up Tesco points, lol) so I was willing to take a chance winking smiley I fancy a trip to NYC but I'm waiting to see what ticket prices are like...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-04 15:39 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 4, 2015 19:26

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
MononoM
i travelled to hong kong very last minute in 2003. without ticket, hotel etc smiling smiley i ended up at splendid places at both shows smiling smiley had great times at the stones hotel too (even met bill clinton there lol).

dont plan to much when you go see the stones smiling smiley

I'm going to have to take that attitude this time. Then again, I've always been fairly bad at advance planning - but mostly things seem to work out when I play by ear. smiling smiley

Still holding out hope of making it to the States this summer. If I can't make it, so be it and I'll follow the tour with others here online - but I've been thinking of a trip to the States anyway (and catching up with a friend in NYC).

Just hoping I'll be able to sort out work schedules - and get my eyes sorted as they've been playing up again.
Hi Martha,

Nice to see you backthumbs up If travelling a long and expensive distance such as to the US, I'd tend to make plans in advance. I know I travelled ticketless to Paris and got lucky, but it was only a £20 coach return from London (booked ages in advance and paid for with doubled up Tesco points, lol) so I was willing to take a chance winking smiley I fancy a trip to NYC but I'm waiting to see what ticket prices are like...

Hi Gregor,

I've missed my IORR fix! I've had to limit my computer usage because of my eyes. Feels strange being away from here lots when things look exciting in Stonesland!

Yes, don't think I'd be able to get a £20 return to the States....grinning smiley I'm resigned to possibly not being able to make the States - but I'm also keeping some hope alive. I'd love to see them in NYC and also catch up with a friend who lives there.

All depends on how things go over the next month with my eyes and work schedules. And of course ticket prices....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 4, 2015 19:47

If you can't afford the airfare then I've got a small boat you can borrow,it can fit 2 people in it so you can both row,but please return it to me in time for me to use it to get to South America for the stones.

Thanks

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 4, 2015 19:58

Nate
If you can't afford the airfare then I've got a small boat you can borrow,it can fit 2 people in it so you can both row,but please return it to me in time for me to use it to get to South America for the stones.

Thanks

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Nate can I borrow it please? Rowing from Southern England to New York!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-04 20:04 by desertblues68.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 4, 2015 20:45

desertblues68
Nate

Thanks

Nate can I borrow it please? Rowing from Southern England to New York!smileys with beer

If you think of it, take Bill Wyman with you.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 4, 2015 20:47

24FPS
Here's what you do. If it's a stadium show, get a map of the place so you know where all seats would be. Go the night of show and wait around for it to start. There will be so many tickets from scalpers about to be worthless that you should be able to pick and choose at a reduced rate, and have a decent seat.

I've done this plenty and got some great seats really, really cheap. the sclapers would get so pissed...so I'd reduce my offer by $10 and start walking away to the next one. Cheapest one I got was Syracuse 89 for $10 total, but I think those were fake as the ink was still wet :-)

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 4, 2015 21:01

24FPS
Here's what you do. If it's a stadium show, get a map of the place so you know where all seats would be. Go the night of show and wait around for it to start. There will be so many tickets from scalpers about to be worthless that you should be able to pick and choose at a reduced rate, and have a decent seat.

I did thsi so many times, always successfully except for Miami in 2006, Brooklyn, and Anaheim #1 in 2013. A lot of it was kindness of strangers, though, and often stressful. Undercover cops were everywhere in Houston. It is tougher these days with craigslist forgeries, paper tickets, e-tickets, etc. And some tours don't use tickets at all, just show ID at box office. I'm not sure I'd be happy about missing the first 5 songs!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 4, 2015 22:48

DeanGoodman
24FPS

I did thsi so many times, always successfully except for Miami in 2006, Brooklyn, and Anaheim #1 in 2013. A lot of it was kindness of strangers, though, and often stressful. Undercover cops were everywhere in Houston. It is tougher these days with craigslist forgeries, paper tickets, e-tickets, etc. And some tours don't use tickets at all, just show ID at box office. I'm not sure I'd be happy about missing the first 5 songs!

Yeah, not exactly worth the discount.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: March 4, 2015 23:01

Dean,
I believe I benefitted from YOUR kindness as I sat at O'Hare Airport the afternoon before the 2nd Hollywood Bowl show!! Payin' it forward!!
Thanks!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 4, 2015 23:25

jimpietryga1
Dean,
I believe I benefitted from YOUR kindness as I sat at O'Hare Airport the afternoon before the 2nd Hollywood Bowl show!! Payin' it forward!!
Thanks!

Hey Jim! Yeah, best show ever - you, me and Johnny Depp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 01:15 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2015 01:29

You heard it here first.

I predict that when this thread page count reaches the number of years the band has existed (53), we will finally have a tour announcement...

Date: March 5, 2015 02:21

AND ....... Mila!!

Date: March 5, 2015 02:22

DeanGoodman
jimpietryga1
Dean,
Thanks!

Hey Jim! Yeah, best show ever - you, me and Johnny Depp.

AND Mila!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 5, 2015 03:55

MisterDDDD
You heard it here first.

I predict that when this thread page count reaches the number of years the band has existed (53), we will finally have a tour announcement...

In that case, I'll do my part to speed up the process. thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 5, 2015 04:04

I just hope they hit New England. Can't really afford to travel this year. I would love to see retshler field in Hartford Ct

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 5, 2015 11:14

Hey jimpietryga1 , Bill Maher was there in the pool circle next to me that night also, Linda who we all see so often was at the rail...Tom Hanks in the seats behind the pool... it was a magical night for sure.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 5, 2015 12:07

I was sitting right next to The Edge in the pool of Hollywood Bowl, just loved that show. Such a great venue, also great shows there, wish they could do more venues like that.

Back to the 2015 summer tour in North America, it will start on the Weast Coast late May and finish on the East Coast mid July. So I will do some more biking in the Topanga Hills hopefully.

Bjornulf

Date: March 5, 2015 12:13

bv
I was sitting right next to The Edge in the pool of Hollywood Bowl, just loved that show. Such a great venue, also great shows there, wish they could do more venues like that.

Back to the 2015 summer tour in North America, it will start on the Weast Coast late May and finish on the East Coast mid July. So I will do some more biking in the Topanga Hills hopefully.

That's interesting! Maybe I'll camp over at my family in Riverside, CA. thumbs up

Date: March 5, 2015 12:36

treaclefingers
desertblues68
Nate

Thanks

Looks like Nate's 2-person boat is getting a bit crowded...we'll have to attach a rubber dingy to fit in the extra passengers...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 5, 2015 12:40

MarthaTuesday
treaclefingers
desertblues68
Nate

Thanks

Looks like Nate's 2-person boat is getting a bit crowded...we'll have to attach a rubber dingy to fit in the extra passengers...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Martha,

Can I hang on to the back of the boat smiling smiley ? I live near Swindon so perhaps we can set sail down the Thames >grinning smiley< A bigger boat may be needed...

Date: March 5, 2015 12:45

bv

Bjornulf,

I love how you tantalisingly drip feed info to us so gradually... Are they likely to finish up in NYC mid July? My boss has booked the 13th -17th July off and it would mean I can't go to NYC unless I negotiate eye rolling smiley

Date: March 5, 2015 12:53

Could they so Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia or is a football stadium too big for this tour? Linc has tons of shows this summer already and the city is all for concerts. Read some articles this morning about how hard the city worked to get the Stones in 1989 after JFK Stadium was closed.

Kenny Chesney is at the Linc July 11th. Could the Stones play at the Linc July 4th or 18th?

The Phillies are away from July 3rd to the 16th, but would the city of Philadelhia really hold 2 concerts at the same time? Seems if there was an outdoor Philly stones show July 4th would make sense at the Linc or perhaps a mid week show at the baseball stadium.

At the Meadowlands has soccer 7/7 and Taylor Swift 7/10-7/11. I think they would need time to breakdown the stage.

I still would think they would end tour at MSG. It is booked 7/1, 7/7,7/8 7/10 and 7/11.

My guess would be the following: Lincoln FInancial Field July 4th- who wouldn't go to a Philly show then? I would go even if I were more than 20 minutes away.

Barclys is booked 7/9 7/10 an 7/11. Pru Center even seems booked 7/7 and 7/11.

Me thinks they end at MSG Friday July 17th. Night before the U2 show. I also think they play MSG Tuesday July 14th.

Maybe they would do one night at Forest Hills on Saturday the 11th as a special type gig? There doesnt seem to be an arena in NYC available nor stadium second weekend of July.

Date: March 5, 2015 14:02

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
treaclefingers
desertblues68
Nate

Thanks

Martha,

Can I hang on to the back of the boat smiling smiley ? I live near Swindon so perhaps we can set sail down the Thames >grinning smiley< A bigger boat may be needed...

I'm in London so I'll join the IORR boat group there... smileys with beer

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 5, 2015 14:19

bv

Oh wow... There is a very good chance I will be out on the west coast with work during the latter part of May. Fingers crossed!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 14:27

Mr Jimmy
bv

Oh wow... There is a very good chance I will be out on the west coast with work during the latter part of May. Fingers crossed!!

Any time left over for a couple of gigs in London bc?smileys with beer

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:41

treaclefingers
desertblues68
Nate

Thanks

UAUAUAUAUAUAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:48

So Rollingstones.com will announce the Tour mostlikely not before mid April, which would be more or less 6 weeks in advance when they did it in 2013 for the North America Tour.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:48

jimpietryga1

Oh dear god, it's the dreaded headset mic!

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:55

Just booked a trip to Mexico City around Halloween/Day of the Dead/Grand Pix. What is the projection for the Stones Central/South American leg?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:04

Grison
So Rollingstones.com will announce the Tour mostlikely not before mid April, which would be more or less 6 weeks in advance when they did it in 2013 for the North America Tour.

That was an arena tour. If this will be a stadium tour, an announcement would probably come sooner. The European 2014 shows were announced during the second half of March, and the tour started on May 26th.
The original date for Adelaide was announced in November 2013. For example...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home