Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...118119120121122123124125126127128...LastNext
Current Page: 123 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:19

Kurt

The Stones Tongue is GONE.

Pretty funny. I guess they paid only up 'til Thursday. Very Spinal Tap. A rare tour-hype fail by the Stones.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:20

StonesCat
It's NCAA tourney time starting today here in the States, they should have realized it was a dumb day to be announcing anyway. Much of their target audience will be preoccupied.

I couldn't care less about the NCAA Tournamanet. I graduated college 30 years ago...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:20

StonesCat
It's NCAA tourney time starting today here in the States, they should have realized it was a dumb day to be announcing anyway. Much of their target audience will be preoccupied.
this has absolutely nothing to do with anything, that there are a bunch of college basketball games today. It is what they said . . . a problem with "ticketing"which could mean anything. it's not because of college basketball and not because they may add other dates. Something, either in the contracts or technical, prevented them from putting the tix onsale today as was obviously planned and they don''t want to make the announcement until they can put the tix on sale, for obvious reasons.

Date: March 19, 2015 20:21

WERE TICKETS SUPPOSED TO GO ON SALE TODAY?

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:23

jumpontopofmebaby

No. That is another reason why that excuse to nonsense

Incidentally . . . that Stones tour themed Indy car I saw here . . . would be perfect for a tour announcing press conference to be held in the Speedway. that's what I thought when I saw the car. Have Mick do a turn around the track driving that.

Posted by: ohotos ()

jumpontopofmebaby
I don't think so at all. Don't know why everybody seems to think that now. There was talk about pre-sales starting at the end of the month if I remember correctly.

Posted by: stones2000 ()

Rokyfan
StonesCat
this has absolutely nothing to do with anything, that there are a bunch of college basketball games today. It is what they said . . . a problem with "ticketing"which could mean anything. it's not because of college basketball and not because they may add other dates. Something, either in the contracts or technical, prevented them from putting the tix onsale today as was obviously planned and they don''t want to make the announcement until they can put the tix on sale, for obvious reasons.

I don't think they would have put the tickets on sale the same day as the announcement. I would think they'd give people at least 24 hrs notice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 20:24 by stones2000.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:25

6s7s9s

Wasn't May 2nd the first show of the 2013 tour?

No, the first regular show in 2013 was on Friday, 3rd May: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: steady ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:26

Lien
Just saw this at [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Link isn't working anymore,
Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

[www.justakissaway.rocks]

Very good!! Thank you. THINGS START MOVING!!! R&R!!!!!!!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:27

steady
Lien

Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"

It's back online now. So things are definitely moving!

Date: March 19, 2015 20:28

If they can't announce the tour b/c the contracts are not finalized b/c they can't agree on ticket prices with promoters, then it's a "ticketing"issue. Or, if it is just a simple technical issue taking more time to set up the sale, that's also a "ticketing"issue. And I'm sure people can come up with all sorts of issues that might have arisen that you could also characterize as 'ticketing"issues, including whatever it was that has changed their plans (assuming, at 2:30 eastern that nothing is being announced today), which nobody here knows despite all the guesses. Whatever it is/was will be fixed and they will go on sale soon enough.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:28

mick is probably standing in someones office right now saying"o.k you were pretty close,now add another zero here..now add another one there"

Date: March 19, 2015 20:29

ohotos
steady
Lien

It's back online now. So things are definitely moving!

YES!!!

Posted by: Jordan ()

Yes, www.justakissaway.rocks has been updated!
Now there is a form to fill out for a contest..

Here's your chance to utter the immortal words,
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ROLLING STONES!"
Grand prize includes a TRIP FOR TWO to an undisclosed location
and a COMMEMORATIVE VIDEO shot by the Stones' official videographer
We're also giving away a vault of vinyl 50 RUNNERS UP!

Posted by: waterrats ()

steady
Lien

LOL!!! You can win an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: StonesCat ()

Woz
StonesCat

I couldn't care less about the NCAA Tournamanet. I graduated college 30 years ago...

If you think that the average middle age person they're hoping to interest with some big announcement today isn't the same crowd that is into NCAA pools and all, you're deluding yourself. This isn't 1972, Stones tour announcements aren't big deals anymore on slow news days, really. Just a fact.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:30

There's a teaser for a contest on [www.justakissaway.rocks]

Date: March 19, 2015 20:30

stones2000
Rokyfan
StonesCat

I don't think they would have put the tickets on sale the same day as the announcement. I would think they'd give people at least 24 hrs notice

People that think that way are part of the reason why being a ticket broker is a good business.

And i cannot imagine that there is ONE PERSON in existence to whom the fact that there are college basketball games being played today might impair their ability to get tickets (I take it back, maybe 12 players on each team and their immediate families).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 20:32 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:31

Lien

They are now asking for your date of birth. They probably want to weed out anyone over 40 from winning this prize! Perhaps they will even use age to limit attendees to the rumored pre-tour shows. They did something similar before, with all the beautiful young things in the front rows for the Beacon movie shoots.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:31

steady
Lien

Link is working now!.. Thanks for that. I Just entered..

Date: March 19, 2015 20:32

Rokyfan
stones2000
Rokyfan
StonesCat

People that think that way are part of the reason why being a ticket broker is a good business.

You referencing me?

Date: March 19, 2015 20:34

"referencing"you? I was directly quoting you, nothing obscure. yes, if you assume a 24 hour waiting period, you will get shut out of tickets for many events, including, going by past experiences, Rolling Stones concerts.

Date: March 19, 2015 20:35

Rokyfan
"referencing"you? I was directly quoting you, nothing obscure. yes, if you assume a 24 hour waiting period, you will get shut out of tickets for many events, including, going by past experiences, Rolling Stones concerts.

Do they usually put tickets on sale the same day? Wow. I thought it was usually a little longer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:42

waterrats
steady
Lien

LOL!!! You can win an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

>grinning smiley<

Forgot this: Interesting are the rules for this contest, too: "The contest ends March 31, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET."

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:42

I'm getting sleepy and have a headache.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:45

Facebook page just changed....contest

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:45

Activity on the Rolling Stones Twitter...

Including an announcement/link for the above referenced contest as well as a couple re-tweets and a tbt...

Last prior activity 3-16... gotta be a good sign.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:48

Looks like things are starting to happen. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 19, 2015 20:50

I SWEAR IF ALL THIS HYPE WAS FOR A BLODDY CONTEST IM BLOWING A GASKET

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...118119120121122123124125126127128...LastNext
Current Page: 123 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users