Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...152153154155156157158159160161162...LastNext
Current Page: 157 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 29, 2015 05:44

UndercoverLovingcup
Even the Who continued to have GA on the Farewelll tour of 1982. The Shea Stadium shows I was at did not have seat on field...and there are STILL plenty of arena GA shows even today.as well as festivals...those huge festivals with those spansive GA sections give me the creeps...I am surprised that we have not had more deaths at those things..

The cincinatti tradgedy happened as folks ENTERED the venue and trampled under foot to get to the front....not during the show of in the arena itself.

Been to countless GA shows all over the world, and the fact of the matter is, with classic rock acts, it just isn't how it was in 1982. Over three decades have passed and the number of people lining up to rush the front of the stage is a trickle compared to those days. And frankly, 50+ year olds don't move as fast and are just generally better behaved. It can get a little rough when the lights first go down if you are at the very front, but otherwise, it's tight, but definitely not life-threatening.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:06

bye bye johnny

@RollingStones
Hell Yeah!!! ROLLING STONES 2015 USA Coming very soon!hot smileysmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:06

Package Vip Ticket for Orlando ? u$ 1800 ! All seated...

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:07

Detroit-9 July

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 07:08 by Sandy Beach.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:11

Sandy Beach

so thats like a pit ticket was? HOw much for the other seats? got a price range?

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:13

My local San Diego record store (remember those?)just got a new shipment of Sticky Fingers from the record company. I wonder why?

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:47

forsure
Sandy Beach

so thats like a pit ticket was? HOw much for the other seats? got a price range?

How can there be prices out yet, when the tour still is not officially announced?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 29, 2015 07:59

2014Slayer
forsure
Sandy Beach

How can there be prices out yet, when the tour still is not officially announced?

For the same reason there are cities and dates being posted for abour 2 or 3 months ago, even without an official announcement.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 08:16

bigpond
Bastion
kahoosier
Feeling good about legacies, the Stones and mine! Driving home in Auckland I just got an international text from my 10 year old great nephew who has just started guitar lessons. He heard the Stone were on tour somehow, asked his mom if he could go, and she had a him text me about getting him a ticket. ALL RIGHT PEYTON ALT UNCLE STEVE IS GONNA TAKE YOU TO YOUR FIRST STONES' SHOW THIS SUMMER!!

Oh god, the cringe...
I need a nephew like this!
I needed an uncle like this in 81!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 29, 2015 10:24

Sandy Beach

Seated where? Price does not surprise me-

Mick and Keith to announce tour on NYC radio Monday morning!
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:30

just heard it on FM 104.3 - Mick & Keith to be in their studio on the Jim Kerr show Monday morning 8:30 EST!!! smiling bouncing smiley (it's not on their website)

Re: Mick and Keith to announce tour on NYC radio Monday morning!
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:39

I assume there will be a New York date, then

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:43

I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:44

I heard this also today on the radio maybe METLIFE STADIUM after all !>grinning smiley<

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:47

did ya ever think maybe mick taylor decided not to do this tour and not that mick and keith put him out?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:48

71Tele
I hope Jim Kerr will ask them why the fvck Mick Taylor won't be on this tour, as that is the only possible bit of information to be gleaned from this announcement that could interest me. More Vegas hits. One more trip to the bank. Zzzzzzz...

Exactly...I couldn't. Agree more...

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:55

..no matter Mick Taylor or not..!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 28, 2015 23:57

Is it not on Tuesday?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:00

Please announce some MSG shows to close the tour. Saw them there for my first Stones show in 75 and living an hour from NYC growing up I saw so many good concerts there. Jethro Tull/Roxy Music, Sly and the Family Stone, ELP, Yes, Queen/ Thin Lizzy etc.....

It is my all time favorite Arena sized venue to see a concert. Amzing vibes and atmosphere IMHO.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:01

71Tele

The questions will be agreed in advance. No chance of any off the cup comments.
PR and marketing event thats all.

Date: March 29, 2015 00:05

jp.M
..no matter Mick Taylor or not..!

It depends on how long you've been a fan and how many shows you've seen..For some of us it matters...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:05

Do Stones fans still listen to the radio? I rarely do because it's mostly crap content. Seems like a press conference or some other event would reach more people immediately, though no doubt it will be picked up by every entertainment media outlet shortly thereafter.

peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:08

Naturalust
Do Stones fans still listen to the radio? I rarely do because it's mostly crap content. Seems like a press conference or some other event would reach more people immediately, though no doubt it will be picked up by every entertainment media outlet shortly thereafter.

peace

I think it's a nice idea to go retro with the radio announcement. It will certainly get major coverage, no matter how they do it.

Date: March 29, 2015 00:10

latebloomer
Naturalust

peace

I think it's a nice idea to go retro with the radio announcement. It will certainly get major coverage, no matter how they do it.

Has anyone checked flatbed truck rentals?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:27

Naturalust

peace

I love satilite radio. Especially the station "deep Tracks". For me any,
The added expense is well worth the money spent.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:28

jlowe
71Tele

The questions will be agreed in advance. No chance of any off the cup comments.
PR and marketing event thats all.

Really? I am so shocked.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 29, 2015 00:38

Jim Kerr is at least a fan I believe. But that station, once a Stones hub, is Led Zep, Who, AC/DC, Pink Floyd all the time... and a fairly limited selection from those even, in heavy rotation. The oldies station represents them better... they might as well have done the announcement on CBS... haven't checked, but might even have more listeners.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2015 01:09

Rather odd that the station's done nothing via any of the usual channels to promote such a major "get".

Just a guess, but if Q104 does have a Stones announcement, it'll be part of a simulcast...on Tuesday.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 29, 2015 06:06

If they are on the radio Monday its not the tour announcement. That's Tuesday. They may be promoting the Tuesday event which will be on TV, radio & online. Stones just put up new billboards that say Tuesday.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2015 06:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 06:57 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...152153154155156157158159160161162...LastNext
Current Page: 157 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home