Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9899100101102103104105106107108...LastNext
Current Page: 103 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:15

bv
The Rolling Stones marketing machine works like this:

1. Make the buzz (old age: press conference, these days : billboards)
2. Leave the marketing to journalists and social media (and IORR etc)
3. D-day: The announement (THURSDAY according to the boards, or may be WED if you signed up on justakissaway.rocks)
4. Pre-sales (to serve sponsors and real fans)
5. Public sales (the big fight with millions of "normal" fans)
6. If sales go slow (they won't) then the special deals

Special deals might be a nice warmup act (like Metallica or AC/DC), a great deal (like Lucky Dip), or anything else that they might come up with. It is in the contracts that they do not want to perform in empty stadiums. They will fill up all the venues with real fans, no problem.

The clock is ticking. Make sure you are early in the loop. Use all available channels, including justakissaway.rocks and so on. Make sure your internet is working and have a few extra browsers available. Make a reboot of your PC the day before and check everything is working. Don't do it five minutes before tickets go on sale. Empty your browser cache now, not tomorrow. Keep your cookies, they come handy. All these details I am sure you have taken care of already.

Your quote about sales not being slow will depend on the ticket pricing BV. If they keep the arena pricing from this past tour I am not so sure they will be filling up 40K size stadiums in these smaller markets so fast.

I live in a major market not on the rumoured schedule and for the ABB tour they did not fill up the local football stadium here despite giving away large blocks of upper deck tickets to local companies. And that was with field seats going for $150.00 as I had seats right next to the small stage.

I am not trying to be negative just a realist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 16:18 by oldschool.

Date: March 17, 2015 16:18

I used my Canadian Postal Code instead of a ZIP Code - no indication that it won't work. I'm hoping it will be fine.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:18

Irix
Grison

justakissaway.rocks says Thursday and you need an US Zip code to get the alerts. So what's correct?

I think that the 1st alerts will come on Wednesday and the official Tour announcement is on Thursday. Regarding the Zip codes for us Europeans: simply use the Zip from Coca Cola for Atlanta, the Zip from Harley-Davidson for Milwaukee or the Zip from the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo and so on ....
thanks that is a good idea. I just used the Zip codes of the stadiums I would like to go. Never thought of that......

Posted by: dlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:22

bv
It is in the contracts that they do not want to perform in empty stadiums. They will fill up all the venues with real fans, no problem.

This gets to the gist of what will make this tour special. After 50 & Counting I remember reading how a return to NA would be packing the treasure chest so to speak. Reasonable pricing (for the majority), youthful energy, festival atmoshpere, sunshine. 50 & Counting missed all that, but served a different purpose I suppose. One interesting date is Nashville, June 10--the day before Bonnaroo one hour away in Manchester. Seems too much of a coincedence. I expect the Bonnaroo crowd to be at this show (Stones were excitedly speculated as headliners), my friends and myself included, and it will be a special!

Date: March 17, 2015 16:33

Marriott Courtyard

1600 Nolan Ryan Expressway

Arlington Tx

Four Points By Sheraton

4011 Blue Ridge Cut-Off

Kansas City Mo 64133

Date: March 17, 2015 16:39

Great excitement surrounding this tour - will this be the first 500,000 views thread?!

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:39

thisheartisconstant
when it comes to American Express pre-sales, there are two types.

The first is a general presage where no code/password is needed. You simply search for tickets using the "American Express pre-sale" drop down from ticket master and all you need to do is purchase the tickets with an American Express card.

The second is a preferred presale in which you need to purchase the tickets with an American Express gold card or higher, i.e., platinum, centurion.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in ticket allocation? Are the Gold/Plat. card tickets better than the regular AMEX tickets?

I would think the Gold/Plat. pre-sales would have better seats, but I've always wondered if there's any solid info about this.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:45

i heard on the radio in rochester this monring in regard to the stones show in buffalo a $188 price for a ticket. They were also talking about the eagles though, so I'm not sure who it was in refrence to because I caught the tail end of hte conversation. Eagles highets price is $179, so I assume they were talking about the stones. anyway...fwiw

Date: March 17, 2015 16:46

lamemodem2
thisheartisconstant
when it comes to American Express pre-sales, there are two types.

The first is a general presage where no code/password is needed. You simply search for tickets using the "American Express pre-sale" drop down from ticket master and all you need to do is purchase the tickets with an American Express card.

The second is a preferred presale in which you need to purchase the tickets with an American Express gold card or higher, i.e., platinum, centurion.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in ticket allocation? Are the Gold/Plat. card tickets better than the regular AMEX tickets?

I would think the Gold/Plat. pre-sales would have better seats, but I've always wondered if there's any solid info about this.

Yes, there is a difference.
The Gold/Plat presale offers the highest price seats. They usually don't allow you to purchase the lowest seat price.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:50

Here's something I've been wondering about, and I stress that it's JUST curiosity and NOT for stalking purposes. How many of these cities are the Stones going to actually stay in, or right after each show are they going to fly to some centrally-located big city with a four star hotel? Certainly they could stay at the Hotel Del in San Diego, and I'm sure that Dallas and Atlanta have a Four Seasons hotel. But I find it hard to picture the Stones hanging out for two or three days between shows at a Red Roof Inn in places like Columbus and Buffalo and Indianoplace. And Orlando is nothing more than a god-forsaken tourist trap. So it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 17, 2015 16:56

My American Express Card just has words "Cash Awards" on the face and is black with the traditional blue AE emblem. I'm not sure what category is represented by my account.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:00

On the justakissaway registering - I'm wondering whether you get an alert for the show closest to your zip code?

so just in case I registered with zip codes for all the cities.... its a long shot but you never know!

thanks to BV, as ever, for the information, hints etc. what a fantastic labour of love from a very good guy.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:00

Roscoe

So it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing.

It's a interesting question how they will organize their Tour. I cannot imagine too that they will stay long at "boring" places. Another question would be if they will have a own Tour Jet again ....

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:07

I do know that for Bigger bang show in moncton they did indeed stay over and toured around the area a bit...you do not get much smaller than Moncton (population 70K)...but there are interesting things to see in every corner of the world folks and they have seen it all after all. I would think they like to check out places they have not been to before or not much.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:19

jomo297
So bummed that Hollywood Bowl show went away. If they do tape a special Los Angeles show before the tour tickets will be impossible to get. They'll go to the agencies and the pit will be filled with beautiful young people who are camera ready.

The Hollywood Bowl show was never really there to begin with.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:20

James Kirk
WOW! Could they have picked more boring markets to play in?

No New York, Boston, Chicago, L.A, but they are playing Stones strong holds like Milwaukee, Columbus and Raleigh???

I understand that they didn't hit these markets last time around, but I thought for sure they would have thrown in some of the traditional strong Stones markets.

The great thing about living in a non-boring town like LA is that there is so much happening here it doesn't really matter who comes through town.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:21

I dont have an american express and am not going to be able to get one in time for the pre sale. Will I still be able to grab decent priced tickets if I go online the day they go on sale?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 17:22 by jackflash1129.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:24

Roscoe
Here's something I've been wondering about, and I stress that it's JUST curiosity and NOT for stalking purposes. How many of these cities are the Stones going to actually stay in, or right after each show are they going to fly to some centrally-located big city with a four star hotel? Certainly they could stay at the Hotel Del in San Diego, and I'm sure that Dallas and Atlanta have a Four Seasons hotel. But I find it hard to picture the Stones hanging out for two or three days between shows at a Red Roof Inn in places like Columbus and Buffalo and Indianoplace. And Orlando is nothing more than a god-forsaken tourist trap. So it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing.

In '13, they camped out at the Beverly Hills Four Seasons and commuted to the California dates and Vegas. For some of the Great Lakes dates, they'll probably commute from the Ritz in Chicago and Detroit's Townsend for Indy and maybe Buffalo. While most of the cities do not have a Four Seasons, there's usually a Marriott Renaissance or similar hotel that meets their requirements.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:28

Is using American Express the only way to purchase the pre sale? I hope not because all I have is my Visa Bank card. What a bummer.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:28

In San Diego, the Hard Rock Hotel, which is right next to Petco Park, is wooing the Stones to stay there. So that would be the place to try to get a room if you are coming here. San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter is a happening place to be if you are coming here. It would be fun for the iorr people to gather before or at the concert.

Date: March 17, 2015 17:29

Rolling1
Sure hope season ticket holders to these venues get 1st crack at tickets before American Express cards holders do.

The season ticket holder allotment is not part of the tickets allotted to pre and general sales.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:38

2014Slayer Is the Sofia a nice place? Were looking into that spot.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:41

James Kirk

No New York, Boston, Chicago, L.A, but they are playing Stones strong holds like Milwaukee, Columbus and Raleigh???

I understand that they didn't hit these markets last time around, but I thought for sure they would have thrown in some of the traditional strong Stones markets.

Feel free to stay home. We don't much cotton to snobs in these parts anyhoo.

Date: March 17, 2015 17:42

James Kirk

Having seen the Stones in Columbus 3 or 4 times, I can assure you the city is a Stones stronghold. The '02 concert there was one of the best Licks arena shows. Milwaukee is a rock and roll town, I suspect they rock as well as NYC. A town doesn't need 2 million people to have stellar Stones fans. I know it's hard to believe but we have radio here. We've even caught a few videos on Mtv. We don't have too many record shops anymore, but iTunes and Amazon will sell to us.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:43

James Kirk

Why didn't you go to Spock's funeral? Was it in a boring town?

Date: March 17, 2015 17:43

Any talk of warm up bands?

I am sure the stadiums will have a warm up act won't they?

Date: March 17, 2015 17:49

bv
Make a reboot of your PC the day before and check everything is working. Don't do it five minutes before tickets go on sale. Empty your browser cache now, not tomorrow. Keep your cookies, they come handy. All these details I am sure you have taken care of already.

BV...I would also add to this awesome technical checklist that folks also unplug, wait 60 sec, powerup & reboot (power-cycle ) their modems and routers as well...as they too have cache and cleaning that up will also speed things up for them and provide clean IOPS.

Paying your internet bill is a good idead as well...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:51

Yes The Sofia Hotel is a nice place in a historic building in the middle of downtown. You can walk to the concert from there. It looks like Orbitz is having a special there right now, as well as groupon. Would be a fun place to stay. Moderately priced.

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 17, 2015 17:53

751st
Is using American Express the only way to purchase the pre sale? I hope not because all I have is my Visa Bank card. What a bummer.

I am wondering the same thing. The tour in 2013, they had "packages" for sale; but I can't remember if they were available in the pre-sale for just the citi-card holders or if they were available to everyone in the pre-sale. My memory is not that good.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2015 18:01

Umm, Columbus and Milwaukee have a number of decent/higher end hotels.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 18:07 by angee.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9899100101102103104105106107108...LastNext
Current Page: 103 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home