Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 24, 2015 21:55

DREAMTIME
I just got a call telling me 3 nights at Forest Hills (14,000) Queens, NYC!
(where they have played before in '65)

Something sounds pretty fishy to me on that one. Three nights at one venue seating only 14,000 just doesn't sound right. When is the last time they have done three nights in any one venue? Sounds like a lot of playing when they could get the same ticket sales from one show at any number of bigger venues in the area. peace

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:02

bv
DREAMTIME

Perfect venue for a complete set of Sticky Fingers live. Open air, intimate, bringing back the memories from the 60's with a special touch of 1971. If it makes it through the final plans then I am all set for a week or so in Queens.

Agreed. Saw the Replacements there in September. It's relatively small and there isn't really a bad seat. Would be a great place to see the Stones, esp if they do SF. And I'm sure the tix won't be cheap for these shows!

Also, I really liked seeing Mick Taylor. It was great. But can we please stop all the belly-aching about him not appearing on this upcoming tour, even if they do some/all of Sticky Fingers? For whatever reason (probably Jagger's doing or they didn't want to pay him more etc.), he only played on Rambler and Knocking and a couple other one-off tunes (I'm not counting Satisfaction). It doesn't appear that his role would expand much at this point to play all of SF or anything else so why lament something that wasn't happening anyway? If he plays on those tunes or this tour, it would be a nice bonus. But, honestly, it's not the end of the world when he was barely playing with them anyway. And please stop with any talk of Wyman coming back--he hasn't played with the band in 25 years!

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:06

And please stop with any talk of Wyman coming back--he hasn't played with the band in 25 years!
Yeah, actually he played with them a little over two years ago.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:12

alimente
dgodkin
like quitting on your band with no warning is classy,

Ouch!
They carried him around the world and punished him each show, it's crazy to expect that to ever change...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:25

Naturalust
DREAMTIME

Something sounds pretty fishy to me on that one. Three nights at one venue seating only 14,000 just doesn't sound right. When is the last time they have done three nights in any one venue? Sounds like a lot of playing when they could get the same ticket sales from one show at any number of bigger venues in the area. peace

The Replacements were great but I'd much rather see the Stones at MSG. Forest Hills had no running water (porta potties) and a 10PM curfew. It's about an hour from NYC by subway. Acoustics are so-so, depending on where you are. Metal benches (not that anyone will be sitting). Hopefully the weather will hold up if they do it.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:33

Naturalust
When is the last time they have done three nights in any one venue?

Tokyo 2014.
Chicago 2013.
London 2007.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 24, 2015 22:36

Naturalust
DREAMTIME

But it would be in keeping with their pattern since 2012 of avoiding New York City proper, as instead they've played the outer boroughs and New Jersey.

If they played 3 nights, they would spread that over a week and a half, which would mean no traveling between shows, which I'm sure Charlie would approve of, and it would be convenient for Keith since he lives a 1-hour drive away, and I believe Mick also keeps a residence in New York.

It would make sense, however there's been no official word. But I hope they film that one for a DVD if it turns out to be true. Or rather, since all the shows are pro-filmed anyway, I'll take a boot of that one, hopefully with the best of the 3 shows combined.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 24, 2015 23:07

Why would The Rolling Stones do multiple nights? Because they might want to record the show for a future DVD or movie release. If the show is special, sure they want some extra cameras there and some extra riffs and versions to pick edits from. May be the crowd is slower on show number one, or may be something works better on show number two.

I just watched a replay of Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder from 1988. Nassau Coliseum five nights. They could not use the recordings from the year before in Austin so they did five shows Nassau 1988.

The No Security tracks Out Of Control and Saint Of Me are from the 4th of five - 5 - shows in Buenos Aires. I was at all five shows and you could sense the show number four was the one where they were just at the peak of the five shows run there.

Why do two Beacon Theatre? Recordings. Why do two Hyde Park? The same reason. If they want to record then it is always great to have multiple shows to pick from. Or Amsterdam five shows. Memory Motel with Dave Matthews.

I am not saying they will do these three nights for sure, but all I am saying it makes sense. And what I am saying is ... if you can ... this summer will be special ... be there ... if you can.

Bjornulf

Date: February 24, 2015 23:14

BV

Can you tell us if there will be other shows that will also be special

I live in Missouri and plan on attending 2 shows.

Do you know if I would be safe attendong a show closer to home and still get a special night?

Date: February 24, 2015 23:20

Queens is my old hometown. If you fans get to visit you are in for a treat as some of NY's best restaurants are nearby. For years the neighborhood was able to keep loud rock shows away from Forest Hills. My guess is the people living nearby will be a handful for the promoters. The Who are already scheduled to play in Forest Hills this spring. This movie was filmed there although the US Open is now in Flushing Queens largely because of neighborhood protests. The stadium still looks the same.... Forest Hills

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 23:21 by DoomandGloom.

Date: February 24, 2015 23:22

Every Stones show is special, but some are more special than others. They did only perform "Might As Well Get Juiced" one time ever in history. MSG show number two Jan 1998. They did only perform "She Smiled Sweetly" one time during the past decades - Roseland.

Nobody knows exactly what will be special this summer. First they will do their usual rehearsals. Then they will pick some great stuff and decide on the surprises. Some parts are set, others are to be decided.

If you open up your birthday presents long time before your birthay, it is not good, is it? I do know many want a sneak peak, and I know everybody do want the special show to happen in Buffalo or may be some other place, but we have to be patient for still a while.

Bjornulf

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 23:23

DREAMTIME

Whatever you say...

Date: February 24, 2015 23:33

BV

I agree totally each show being special

Got Memory Motel in Kansas City 1999 and a few days later got Moonlight Mile

in OK City.

I guess the question I really need to ask is will there be shows closer to me that will be in the same type of venue as Forest Hills

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 23:34 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2015 23:42

Hi BV. All this talk about Mick T not being on this years tour, any news?

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 24, 2015 23:44

shawnriffhard1

And please stop with any talk of Wyman coming back--he hasn't played with the band in 25 years!
Yeah, actually he played with them a little over two years ago.

Correct. I meant to say he hasn't toured with them in 25 years. The 2012 London shows were clearly a one-off (or technically a two-off). He hasn't appeared since and he is not going to tour with them.

Date: February 24, 2015 23:48

The special show of the Europen tour last summer was ... Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany. It was like a family reunion, so many people I know from all over Europe and the world came to this show. They could have played in a large stadium to make big money and a large crowd but they wanted the Waldbuhne outdoor amphi. Everybody knows the story of Waldbuhne from the Stones in the 60's. There will be a Waldbuhne of the summer 2015 tour too I think.

But remember many other shows in Europe were great too. Rome. Lisbon. Roskilde. And so on. We are spoiled. Don't be greedy. Having them on tour yet another time is all I ask for.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 23:59

BV, in our special birthday present there will be also some new songs?!Can we have trust on it?!

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: February 25, 2015 00:00

Ronnie has been one of two guitar players for 40 years. Give him credit and a spotlight!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2015 00:24

Europe 2015, great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-25 00:25 by mtaylor.

Date: February 25, 2015 00:31

The Rolling Stones are Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie. It has been like that for decades. Bill quit ages ago. Mick T quit ages ago. May be people have bad memory, but this is the band. Then this band who I love, and millions other do love, bring in guests on stage. Some guests are permanent for the tour and for every show, like Chuck, Darryl, Bernard, Lisa, Tim and Karl. The rest is up to them, and I am waiting patiently for what they will do for the summer. Every show is a new show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: skinrichards ()
Date: February 25, 2015 00:32

I agree with rtr. Ya know, there are alot of people on this forum who don't seem to get it and live in the past, and they are very negative. Wyman quick eons ago, and doesn't fly anyway, forget it. Second, Woody came in since 74 when Taylor boogied off. They invited those guys back to celebrate 50 years of the stones. They aren't obligated to keep that going. I know people who met the whole band with Taylor numerous times last tour, and they all get along famously and love being together again for awhile. Personally, I support anything they want to do. I like a rock n rollin' stones with a rough side, that's how they have always been. Looking forward to this tour, hope we get a pacific northwest show.I am just so thankful and astonished that they are still here. get off the forum if you don't have anything positive to say. ridiculous. and don't lean on me man if ya can't afford a ticket

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 25, 2015 00:41

skinrichards
I agree with rtr. Ya know, there are alot of people on this forum who don't seem to get it and live in the past, and they are very negative. Wyman quick eons ago, and doesn't fly anyway, forget it. Second, Woody came in since 74 when Taylor boogied off. They invited those guys back to celebrate 50 years of the stones. They aren't obligated to keep that going. I know people who met the whole band with Taylor numerous times last tour, and they all get along famously and love being together again for awhile. Personally, I support anything they want to do. I like a rock n rollin' stones with a rough side, that's how they have always been. Looking forward to this tour, hope we get a pacific northwest show.I am just so thankful and astonished that they are still here. get off the forum if you don't have anything positive to say. ridiculous. and don't lean on me man if ya can't afford a ticket

It would be a very strange thing to report for anyone who did actually meet with 'the whole band' on the last tour.
So it seems you need better, less starstruck, sources.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2015 01:01

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2015 01:16

mtaylor
Europe 2015, great

I Think maybe only London this year.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 25, 2015 01:17

rtr
Ronnie has been one of two guitar players for 40 years. Give him credit and a spotlight!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Nate

Date: February 25, 2015 02:54

If their North American tour is only June and July, why would they do only stadiums? Sounds like too short a time to bring out a big stadium stage. They have always done the American stadium tours starting late August, early September since 1989 and it went on to sometime in November. you know they won't use the scaled down stages that they use in Europe and etc. I will go no matter anyway. Hoping for a show under 7 hour drive from Norfolk, Va. North Carolina is always fun. Plus I very much want my new wife to see them

Date: February 25, 2015 02:57

Sorry to report my best contacts say there has been no talk or inquiry with The RS regarding Forest Hills. This comes from a trusted second hand source with direct links to the venue.

Date: February 25, 2015 02:57

As mentioned above, there were reviews for Forest Hills which stated there was no running water, porta potties outside the stadium and so forth. THe location though seems great. Given that the acoustics did not get good reviews, would they really want to film and record there in the event they were taping?

Date: February 25, 2015 03:53

[email protected]
As mentioned above, there were reviews for Forest Hills which stated there was no running water, porta potties outside the stadium and so forth. THe location though seems great. Given that the acoustics did not get good reviews, would they really want to film and record there in the event they were taping?
Yes it's crazy the stadium is in the middle of a neighborhood, the amount of hangers on for 3 days would not be tolerated. There's always been volume problems and complaints at Forest Hills. The Stones could get a bigger take with the same effort in many other places in NY... The new Yankee Stadium despite it's size is great for shows, saw McCartney there and the sound was great. The most logical place is Madison Square Garden, where they have history and it's easy for everyone.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:22

No matter what happens, we can give thanks that so far Blondie has not been playing phantom guitar on the recent tour.. that we know of.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home