Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Miss You
Posted by: BIGJAMFAN ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:53

If the Stones quit doing Miss you live, how would you feel about it? I'd be very happy!hot smiley

Re: Miss You
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:59

Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh ooh ooh, ooh-ooh ooh-ooh ooh ooh ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 23, 2014 07:26

... and why wouldn't they? It's one their biggest hits.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 07:35

Maybe the Stones should do some shows for fans who've seen them repeatedly, when they'd replace Miss You with Down in the Hole and Tumblin' Dice with Feel on Baby, etc. I'd buy a ticket.

Date: November 23, 2014 07:59

i do appreciate the fact they have tried to do it differently every tour. 89 it was fast, 94 it was more organ led, 97 we got the loooooooong version where mick would lick lisas feet on stage....During Licks, when they would do 3 Some girls songs on the b stage and mick would whip out the harp, that was very very cool......BB saw the moving stage during that number with a more stripped down version of the song....during 50AC they really have let Daryll shine

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 23, 2014 08:06

I would be very pleased to see them at least one more time live. With or without Miss You. smileys with beer

Date: November 23, 2014 09:32

They did not perform " Miss You " in 1999 and everything was fine. No riots among the casual fans. It was a good idea.

Additionally,on the Licks Tour of 2002 / 2003,they only played it at roughly 5 concerts out of 110 + (estimated from memory) however,I would rate those few versions as the best since 1982. Italy in 2003 featured an uncommonly strong modern performance of the song,if I recall correctly.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 24, 2014 02:53

It's pretty much the only warhorse that they keep trying to play differently so if you want less warhorses I think another song should be chosen.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: November 24, 2014 02:56

Hate that @#$%& song.....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 24, 2014 13:19

Musical highlight of their current(?) tour with other long numbers, "Out of Control" and "Midnight Rambler", pieces which show their musicianship. Many times I might feel that "oh no not that again" but when they really get into it, they win me again, and I hope they'll never stop. And sometimes I want to play the bass like Darryl...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 24, 2014 13:23

Time to ditch it. It's the point in the show where I go out and get some more beer.

Date: November 24, 2014 13:26

One of three sing a long-numbers in the set. 10 years ago I was sick of it. Today, I love it again. Great, great song, but nothing beats the (long) studio version thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 24, 2014 14:02

DandelionPowderman
One of three sing a long-numbers in the set. 10 years ago I was sick of it. Today, I love it again. Great, great song, but nothing beats the (long) studio version thumbs up

I feel the same. I think it is one of those reasons I to a extent claim that the current tour is about their best during Modern Era. "Miss You" was one one of those 'played to death' songs, but somehow they discovered the point in it again. I think the recovery already started in Jagger's White House Blues Concert (or whatever it was), when Mick started to sing it with an intent again. Nowadays they play it, how can I say, more playfully again, having more swing and soul and adventure in it. But nothing compares to the original Maxi Single version...

- Doxa

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 19:38

DandelionPowderman

I'm sure I am in a minority of one, But I'd love to hear them have a go at a live full blown 8 minute version, as per the 12inch single releasesmiling smiley

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 25, 2014 05:01

Miss You is as big as all the big ones...the 12" extended version is pure magic...

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 25, 2014 05:03

68to72
DandelionPowderman

I'm sure I am in a minority of one, But I'd love to hear them have a go at a live full blown 8 minute version, as per the 12inch single releasesmiling smiley
Try any of the '78 versions. The versions these days are just under 8 mins but thats a lot of crowd interaction and Darryl's bass solo as well.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: November 25, 2014 11:39

Miss You is an essential for any Stones show.

Date: November 25, 2014 18:30

I disagree.

Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh
Wooh wooh hooo wooh ..... is not essential at all in my book.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:45

Winning Ugly VXII
I disagree.

Can't you really be hinting at "Sympathy for the Devil" as much as at "Miss You" by those
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:54

Drop Miss You and keep Emotional Rescue in the set list. That is a fair tradeoff.

Date: November 25, 2014 18:58

Witness
Winning Ugly VXII
I disagree.

Can't you really be hinting at "Sympathy for the Devil" as much as at "Miss You" by those
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh?

Perhaps. I wouldn't mind seeing them both go. Just like one of the arena shows in Germany during the '03 tour.

Date: November 25, 2014 18:59

Chris Fountain
Drop Miss You and keep Emotional Rescue in the set list. That is a fair tradeoff.

That's one reasonable option.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:20

While we're at it- Why not replace YCAGWYW with "Can't you Hear me Knocking"?

This would really round off the current tour setlist.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:22

i'd miss it

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:58

After hearing casual fans reactions during the concerts and especially afterwards, for instance in London 2013, I am afraid that the songs that contain the "oooh oooh oooh oooh"'s, are the least likely to disappear from setlists. Mick Jagger loves to lead the audience in vocal participation and play with them in such moments of Kindergarten.

To me those "oooh oooh oooh oooh"'s are worst in relation to the song that one time meant something, "Sympathy for the Devil", while that does not ruin anything during "Miss You", which I by the way never have been against and rather have enthused in, apart from it in my imagination having been grossly overplayed at times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 20:00 by Witness.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 25, 2014 21:17

They should drop it or go back to playing it like '78 or '81. The way it is played now it has lost the bluesy feel it once had. Bing back the guitars and harmonica like the original.

If they dropped it, I am not sure what song could take its place for the bathroom break? May mean no beers before a show!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 25, 2014 22:46

georgeV
They should drop it or go back to playing it like '78 or '81. The way it is played now it has lost the bluesy feel it once had. Bing back the guitars and harmonica like the original.

If they dropped it, I am not sure what song could take its place for the bathroom break? May mean no beers before a show!

Agreed, Hampton version '81 is off the hook!!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 22:55

BIGJAMFAN
If the Stones quit doing Miss you live, how would you feel about it? I'd be very happy!hot smiley

Mixed emotions ! (Get it?!) - When would I take a piss?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 25, 2014 23:02

I just wish Mick would get rid of the crowd-singalong during the middle. He tries too hard to make it like the "Na na nananana" part at the end of "Hey Jude" or something like it's a huge crowd pleaser.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 25, 2014 23:05

Miss You is a perfect of example of how the Stones took a wrong turn and started becoming a product of the times instead of setting the bar with real rock and roll.

Although I do think it was a well done song, possibly capturing the New York feel at the time, I would have been happier if Bowie or the Bee Gees recorded it and the Stones stayed the line with raunchy rock.

As far as hearing it live, no that prospect has little appeal to me, no matter how much they mix it up. Well actually if they could perform a rock version of it and take the disco out of it, that would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home