Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
requests for next "vault" release...
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 02:07

because I know you have these shows in multi track audio and high quality video....

July 25, 1982
Roundhay Park, Leeds, UK

December 19, 1989
Convention Hall, Atlantic City, USA

September 18, 1997
Double Door, Chicago, USA

June 10, 2014
Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 02:07 by mnewman505.

Re: requests for next "vault" release...
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 22, 2014 02:20

El Mocambo 1977

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: November 22, 2014 02:23

El Mocambo (both nights) and brussels on CD.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: November 22, 2014 02:37

Any show from Pavillon de Paris 1976 on cleaned up DVD/Blu-ray

Houston 1981 October 28th cleaned up on DVD/Blu-ray

Prague 1990 (short clips seen on Four Flicks bonus material) on DVD/Bluray

Charlotte 1997 on DVD/bluray

Any show from Tokyo Dome 1998 on DVD/Bluray

Any show/shows from 1999 on dvd/bluray

Cleveland 2002 on dvd/bluray (mindblowing setlist and performance)

Cirkus, Stockholm 2003 on dvd/bluray

Hartford 2005 on DVD/Bluray

''Best of'' European 2007 tour on dvd/bluray

Le Trabendo 2012 / Echoplex 2013 as double feature on dvd/bluray

''Best of'' European 2014 tour on dvd/bluray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 02:49 by EasterMan.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 22, 2014 03:56

San Jose 1999!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 22, 2014 04:30

Vancouver 2015...all 3 nights.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2014 06:37

jammingedward
San Jose 1999!!

Yes, the only post Wyman concert DVD worth having. But Atlantic City 1989 would be good too. It would balance the 'At The Max' idea of the Steel Wheels Tour the same as Hampton balances the LSTNT film.

If we are stuck with a post 1990 DVD, maybe the 1994 Miami Pay Per View wouldn't be too bad. It does have that acoustic section.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 22, 2014 09:58

I think the Miami 94 show got a brief official dvd release but has been out of print for ages and goes for big bucks now.
It's a great show and my first introduction to the Stones live!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 22, 2014 10:21

Paradiso Amsterdam 1995
circus Krone Munchen 2003
100 club London 1986
Turin 1982

Sici

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: November 22, 2014 10:47

1. 1969 Altamont complete concert DVD
2. El Mocambo 1977 DVD
3. Any 1976 European concert DVD
4. Any 1999 concert DVD

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 22, 2014 11:07

I'm not that bright grinning smiley but apparently they gave six AUDIO releases and the most two recent offerings were VIDEO ones.
So I guess we're in for a bunch of four more DVD releases... Like it or not AC'89, San Jose'99 and Tokyo'95 seem to be in the works.

What will be the final chapter of the video hexalogy? A box-set with all the 1995 club-gigs? hot smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 22, 2014 11:13

Why not put all of it together and release it on a big USB memory stick?

Date: November 22, 2014 11:27

24FPS
jammingedward
San Jose 1999!!

Yes, the only post Wyman concert DVD worth having. But Atlantic City 1989 would be good too. It would balance the 'At The Max' idea of the Steel Wheels Tour the same as Hampton balances the LSTNT film.

If we are stuck with a post 1990 DVD, maybe the 1994 Miami Pay Per View wouldn't be too bad. It does have that acoustic section.

Paradisio 1995 isn't worth having?

Re: requests for next "vault" release...hot smiley
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 11:33

Paradiso1995 and the beautiful mess Knebworth 1976!

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 11:52

I already have a really good bootleg of Knebworth, but I would welcome an official releasesmileys with beer.......

However I would dearly love El Mocambo, and a full release from Madison Square Garden on November 27th and 28th 1969!hot smiley

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: madrid82 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:03

please !!!

the legendary 1982 vicente calderon madrid with all the rain of the earth

Malaga (Spain) 1998

wembley 95

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:05

I think they will only release a concert WITH video. You know... for marketing reasons; blu-ray and dvd release. They will combine the audio with a dvd/blu-ray package. Look at the Hampton and LA Forum packages for example. You could buy the cd with dvd or just the dvd or blu-ray.

If there's a (good) quality film of Brussels Affair, they will eventually release it. If not, slight chance. The same goes for other requests, I think...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:19

Knebworth please.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:24

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:35

May 26/27, 1995 - Amsterdam Paradiso
July 3, 1995 - Paris Olympia
July 19, 1995 - London Brixton Academy

As well as a extended version of the 'Stripped TV-Special' - because of the nice Tokyo Studio Sessions in March 1995.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 22, 2014 12:52

I'd like to see some shows from tours that haven't got an official DVD. A complete 1969 show would be a welcome addition, as would a complete 1972 show. Yes we have L&G but its effectively a compilation and incomplete. Beyond that, there's nothing from 1976. Looking at the setlists for 50 and Counting and 14 on Fire, a best-of-the-guests DVD would fun as a second DVD with any future release. Hampton and LA will keep me going well into next year.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 22, 2014 13:45

Hang on a minute; if you look at the cd/dvd packages you'll find that the licensing authorities are Eagle Rock, and Universal Music. It strikes me that a CD of a vault performance, sans visuals, could be issued. Therefore, Brussels 1973 could be released independent of footage, or maybe it's me surmising.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 22, 2014 16:01

I really don't understand the desire for anything in recent years, unless you were there and you want a memento. I have loved every show I have been to since 1989, but really, every version of Tumbling Dice, Miss You, and IORR, JJF, etc, sounds nearly identical at every show since then... Very subtle differences exist between tours since then. Now I know there are some fun set lists from the latter days, but for the "vaults," I really think there is some great unreleased stuff still out there from the 60's and 70's that far outshines almost anything post Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle. Brussels Affair, El Mocambo, Marquee... Let's hear some of these great gems all sweetly remastered and then debate which latter day shows/ tours are worth a revisit.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 22, 2014 16:11

El Mocambo....the greatest bar band in the world. Just perfect.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 22, 2014 16:15

Tate
I really don't understand the desire for anything in recent years, unless you were there and you want a memento. I have loved every show I have been to since 1989, but really, every version of Tumbling Dice, Miss You, and IORR, JJF, etc, sounds nearly identical at every show since then... Very subtle differences exist between tours since then. Now I know there are some fun set lists from the latter days, but for the "vaults," I really think there is some great unreleased stuff still out there from the 60's and 70's that far outshines almost anything post Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle. Brussels Affair, El Mocambo, Marquee... Let's hear some of these great gems all sweetly remastered and then debate which latter day shows/ tours are worth a revisit.

I don't agree with this. The differences in how they play their warhorses is huge if you compare the latter day tours in my opinion. Actually I think there's a bigger difference in how they played Jumping Jack Flash in 1995 compared to 1998 than how they played it in 1978 compared to 1981...
There are tons of great unreleased latter day era shows that outshines what is officially released right now.

A 1999 show would of course be nice to have, I found this news report clip from 1999 a week ago, the first pro-shot footage from the 1999 tour I ever seen!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 18:10 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 22, 2014 17:15

I have an idea. Since so many of us seem to want to want more old songs, and some of us want newly written songs, why not hope for a CD/DVD with both. Half would consist of nostalgia from the sixties and seventies and the other half would be all new material. Call it Half and Half.

I think that just I and one other guy on this website are hoping for at least some brand new material, instead of the same old, same old, over and over and over again. I am now looking at the post before mine, featuring Saint of Me. I already own this. I want new songs!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 22, 2014 17:25

flilflam

I have an idea. Since so many of us seem to want to want more old songs, and some of us want newly written songs, why not hope for a CD/DVD with both. Half would consist of nostalgia from the sixties and seventies and the other half would be all new material. Call it Half and Half.

Deluxe Editions of every previous Album with some Outtakes plus a brand new Song each - so that we buy the whole stuff once again .... winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:39

flilflam

I think that just I and one other guy on this website are hoping for at least some brand new material, instead of the same old, same old, over and over and over again. I am now looking at the post before mine, featuring Saint of Me. I already own this. I want new songs!!!

Of course we all want NEW songs. But really, they've only made a handful of decent songs Post-Wyman. We're afraid a new album would be them self consciously trying to sound like the Stones by aping the past, not darkly, but badly. We already the bass isn't going to be right, as they even let Mick play it last time. What's next? Charlie on a Fender Jazz?

Doom & Gloom was actually interesting, but didn't sound like 'Classic Stones'. We don't need a bunch of Keith songs that start with some tired variation of a Chuck Berry lick. There's enough of those on Undercover and Dirty Work for a Leastest Hits package.

Of course I'd buy a new album, listen to it twice, scrape off a couple songs for a compilation and then never listen to the album again. Until someone on here tells me that 'Sad Fight Shot' was a fantastic, overlooked cut. I'll go to YouTube, listen to it, and think, "They're full of it. It's the same piece of crap it's always been."

Posted by: PhilipStaniforth ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:00

El Mocambo gets my vote. I've had a bootleg for years but it's not the full show.

Has a full show in decent quality ever surfaced?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:08

Irix
flilflam

Deluxe Editions of every previous Album with some Outtakes plus a brand new Song each - so that we buy the whole stuff once again .... winking smiley

That would be great... if it meant the only way of getting the good unreleased stuff and only if the original LP is not brickwalled. Otherwise you'd pay about the same (ha ha, that's a giant maybe!) for a box set...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home