Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Auckland New Zealand 22 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 23, 2014 09:10

From Micks' Facebook page.

Fantastic show last night in Auckland, a great way to end the tour. Sorry about the rain, but you all looked beautiful in your ponchos!

This is me just after soundcheck, before the stage got rained on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 09:12 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2014 10:55

Midnight Rambler from Auckland. Sorry for the fingers over the lens - it's hard to shoot a video without looking at the screen.

Date: November 23, 2014 11:18

Loads of videos out there including MR by drbryant.

Will post these first as he may put it up himself.

Sorry if any have been posted before. >grinning smiley<

Like a Rolling Stone.

Tumbling Dice.

Honkey Tonk Woman

Start Me Up.

You Got Me Rocking.

Miss You

Gimme Shelter.

YCAGWYW short clip.

Date: November 23, 2014 11:25

Sympathy For The Devil

Date: November 23, 2014 11:27

Another Tumbling Dice

Date: November 23, 2014 11:28

Intro - Start Me Up - It's Only Rock'n'Roll - You Got Me Rocking

Date: November 23, 2014 11:30

Intro - Start Me Up

Date: November 23, 2014 11:51

Keith with his NZ Doctor buddy from his FaceBook page.

Keith visiting backstage in Auckland with Dr. Andrew Law, who tended to his tree-induced ills in 2006.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 11:52

latvianinexile
Some pics taken from row H on Keith's side:

Beautifull pictures - thank you very much thumbs up
I specially like this one!

Date: November 23, 2014 12:12

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 23, 2014 12:23

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:42 by colonial.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 23, 2014 15:10

gipsy12
Beautiful pictures - thank you very much thumbs up
I specially like this one!

Yep, that shiningly happy final bow is a joy
Thanks indeed for the fine photos Latvian

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:21

jeanmarie

from the back, the same silhouette as in the seventies ... forty years later !!!

Exactly my thoughts! It's clearly Mick but, decades from now, people will argue when it was taken. Could be almost any period in their career. Wonderful!

Also loving the pic of Charlotte's kiwi on the set list pic. Would love that poster - and a few others.

Rock on, boys!

Date: November 23, 2014 17:46

Gimme Shelter (Incomplete)

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 23, 2014 18:16

Slightly OT : I wonder what is the final tour snooker score ( keith vs Ronnie). One of the Auckland newspaper reviews mentions watching them play backstage before the Auckland gig with a " referee who has been keeping the score for more than a year" I'd have thought that Ronnie is much the better player but then maybe Keith is better than I thought - wouldn't be the first time ....

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:30

What withsssoul said!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:37

"...as Jumpin' Jack Flash went on, as some of the songs did, a bit too long."

His comment about Out Of Control is funny.

Rolling Stones - The definitive review: This could be the last time, but what a way to go out

In a gap between two songs which had once bookended the Stones' 1970s - the epic blues of Midnight Rambler and the disco-athon of Miss You - Mick Jagger thought it high time contemplate the past.

"We've been coming to New Zealand for almost 50 years, can you believe that?," he pondered out loud to nearly 37,000 at Mt Smart Stadium, who had gathered for the only show of the band's sixth visit. Jagger then said something about touring with Roy Orbison in 1965 and that was pretty much it for non-musical memory lane.

Off to Studio 54 it was with Miss You, and those Puerto Rican girls dy-yy-yy-ing to meet chu. Its extended funky strut the start of a final big-hit barrage leading to a two-song encore which capped a terrific show, one that didn't seem to suffer any ill-effects due to its postponement from March or Saturday night's wind and drizzle - "Very fitting we're ending up in the rain in Auckland," offered Jagger as roadies mopped up the runway in front of him, "Wish I could get the carpet in my kitchen at home done as quick as this."

Yes, it has been almost 50 years since the band came here, but this was really the third tour of the Stonescorp stadium blockbuster era.

Following a solo Jagger foray here in 1988, the Stones played two nights at Western Springs back in 1995. In 2006, they played one night there again to 55,000 as well a show at Wellington's Cake Tin too. This Mt Smart show didn't quite reach its 37,000 capacity.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2014 00:25

drbryant
Midnight Rambler from Auckland. Sorry for the fingers over the lens - it's hard to shoot a video without looking at the screen.

Thanks for sharing, what a great version! A long Mick&Mick intro, a terrific MT solo (ok, one slightly bum note towards the end) and even a brief Keith solo! I'd seen comments about Keith taking a quick solo during the Australian tour, which had me a bit puzzled.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Rolling Stones - Auckland New Zealand 22 November 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 24, 2014 03:17

facebook.com/officialkeef

Keith Richards wears his art on his shirt

By Martin Johnston
Monday Nov 24, 2014

While Keith Richards was rocking Auckland with the Rolling Stones, the sometime painter wore a T-shirt bearing more than a nod to Kiwi art history.

While the face on Richards' mauve T-shirt might have been his own, the style, the moko, the greenstone ear ornament and the bowler hat all recalled a famous and widely reproduced 1905 Maori portrait by Auckland painter Charles Frederick Goldie.

The "Auckland" badge in the image ties the garment to the Stones' concert before more than 36,000 fans at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night, the final show in their global On Fire tour.

The Goldie painting, named All 'e same t'e Pakeha and also called A Good Joke, depicts Te Aho-o-te-Rangi Wharepu of Ngati Mahuta.

Associate professor of art history Roger Blackley, of Victoria University in Wellington, said Richards might have worn the Goldie lookalike to make a reference to local art, "to flatter the audience".

This went down well with some.

Comedian Jeremy Elwood said on Twitter: "Keith Richards is wearing aC.F. Goldie T-shirt. Title of coolestman on the planet is still taken."

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: November 24, 2014 04:44

The show apparently did not sell out. Surprising.

Date: November 24, 2014 08:29

Brstonesfan
The show apparently did not sell out. Surprising.

I looked around during the show and took a few pictures. The stadium appeared filled. The additional 6000+ seats added by building out the South Stand after the initial sell out were full to the top row, so I'm not sure where the unsold seats were. There may have been scattered singles, but other than obstructed view it looked like a great crowd given the constant rain.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2014 09:07

"Very fitting we're ending up in the rain in Auckland," offered Jagger as roadies mopped up the runway in front of him, "Wish I could get the carpet in my kitchen at home done as quick as this."

Who the hell has carpet in their kitchen? I imagine that does take some time to mop up.... peace

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: November 24, 2014 11:30

I got carpet in my kitchen with the house I just sold, and in the bathroom and in the toilet,oh and in the laundry. It was avery cold house so I needed to keep my tootsies warm.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 11:33

jumpingjackflash68

There are a few Keith....uh hum....misfires in the intro to this!!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 24, 2014 11:42

Naturalust
"Very fitting we're ending up in the rain in Auckland," offered Jagger as roadies mopped up the runway in front of him, "Wish I could get the carpet in my kitchen at home done as quick as this."

Who the hell has carpet in their kitchen? I imagine that does take some time to mop up.... peace

The British do! Even in the toilet and shower, can you believe....

Mathijs

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2014 12:31

Mathijs
Naturalust

The British do! Even in the toilet and shower, can you believe....

Mathijs

May be that is what it takes to make great rock bands, carpets everywhere, even in bathrooms. At least it worked for the Stones...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 24, 2014 12:52

<<The British do! Even in the toilet and shower, can you believe....>>

Hmmm - well, this and carpet in a kitchen are things that I as a Brit have never yet seen in all of Blighty!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 24, 2014 12:53

bitusa2012
jumpingjackflash68

I get the feeling that this was not one of Keith's best nights - demob happy maybe .....

Date: November 24, 2014 14:35

EJM
bitusa2012
jumpingjackflash68

I get the feeling that this was not one of Keith's best nights - demob happy maybe .....

He's played that intro like that since the tour started. When he forgets to turn on the sufficient volume, the sound is too clean and he has trouble playing the intro because of his fingers, apparently.

It was worse on YT clips of some of the american shows.

On the other clips from Auckland I've seen Keith has played fine. Did I miss some fun here? smiling smiley

Date: November 24, 2014 14:57

Keith played well; not one of his best nights, but he seemed relaxed and happy. He didn't run around too much, probably because of the slippery surfaces. Not sure exactly what happened here on Satisfaction; I think Keith missed a note in the intro, which froze Charlie - you can't see it in this video, but he had this expression like "what the hell was that?".

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home