Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Had it with you!
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 20, 2014 15:00

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
...It may be a bit 'oversimplified', EVEN to Rolling Stones' standards;
but that counter beat instant by Charlie (near the end?) makes it definitely worth wile. Sounds like taming a horse...

Don't forget that very much of their best work is like that winking smiley

...absolutely - in fact, I meant to say: ... (see the edit) grinning smiley

Date: November 20, 2014 15:01

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
...It may be a bit 'oversimplified', EVEN to Rolling Stones' standards;
but that counter beat instant by Charlie (near the end?) makes it definitely worth wile. Sounds like taming a horse...

Don't forget that very much of their best work is like that winking smiley

...absolutely - in fact, I meant to say: ... (see the edit) grinning smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 20, 2014 15:59

It's actually some kind of "New New" Barbarians track. Here's an outtake.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: November 20, 2014 20:28

marcovandereijk
It's actually some kind of "New New" Barbarians track. Here's an outtake.

Didn't they call themselves the Biff @#$%& Trio? smoking smiley

Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:07

Great swinging rocker. hot smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 21, 2014 03:00

DandelionPowderman
You can't help but get the feeling of some fans dissing everything on DW, just because it's there.

If you're including me in that, not true by any means. Firstly, I don't hate Had It With You, I just think it's very bland, overall ok tune -- but the way some people post about it, it's the second coming of Jumping Jack Flash. So to me, it qualifies as the most overrated Stones track. Yes, the groove is okay, I don't turn it off, but I also don't include it in my standard playlist.

Secondly, I dis DW because it's a terrible album. But I don't dis every track. I think One Hit is great, and love Too Rude. Harlem Shuffle is decent, but again bland if you compare it to other covers, such as Ain't Too Proud To Beg or Imagination. Sleep Tonight is probably my least favorite Keith tune ever.

And lastly, the rest of the tracks: Fight, Hold Back, Winning Ugly, Back To Zero .... they all fall near the bottom of my all time Stones worst songs list. I played the album to death at the time, because I was starved for new Stones music -- but these songs, I'll never waste time on again. Just awful.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2014 03:51

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
You can't help but get the feeling of some fans dissing everything on DW, just because it's there.

If you're including me in that, not true by any means. Firstly, I don't hate Had It With You, I just think it's very bland, overall ok tune -- but the way some people post about it, it's the second coming of Jumping Jack Flash. So to me, it qualifies as the most overrated Stones track. Yes, the groove is okay, I don't turn it off, but I also don't include it in my standard playlist.

Secondly, I dis DW because it's a terrible album. But I don't dis every track. I think One Hit is great, and love Too Rude. Harlem Shuffle is decent, but again bland if you compare it to other covers, such as Ain't Too Proud To Beg or Imagination. Sleep Tonight is probably my least favorite Keith tune ever.

And lastly, the rest of the tracks: Fight, Hold Back, Winning Ugly, Back To Zero .... they all fall near the bottom of my all time Stones worst songs list. I played the album to death at the time, because I was starved for new Stones music -- but these songs, I'll never waste time on again. Just awful.

what Leonid said...

Date: November 21, 2014 09:41

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

I wasn't including you, but I'm glad to see that you have modified your attitude towards this tune.

Date: November 21, 2014 12:26

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

I wasn't including you, but I'm glad to see that you have modified your attitude towards this tune.

I don't think you read what I wrote then because nothing was modified.

Date: November 21, 2014 15:13

You didn't say it was "overall ok", "the groove is ok" or "I don't turn it off" in the track talk. You said it was crap (paraphrasing).

I don't think there is anybody who overrates this one. Simply because no one rates it up there with JJF or BS.

Date: November 21, 2014 17:04

DandelionPowderman
You didn't say it was "overall ok", "the groove is ok" or "I don't turn it off" in the track talk. You said it was crap (paraphrasing).

I don't think there is anybody who overrates this one. Simply because no one rates it up there with JJF or BS.

It certainly does stand proud amongst such tunes as "Short and Curlies", "Gomper" and "Driving Too Fast".

Of that there can be no dispute.

Date: November 21, 2014 17:43

Gomper is a masterpiece in this context...

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: November 21, 2014 18:30

Were this an outtake from 1972 people would praise it a lot.

Date: November 21, 2014 21:48

fuzzbox

Not to mention if it were on Exile...

Date: November 22, 2014 02:04

DandelionPowderman

I did? ... Okay, i guess that post must have been deleted.

Date: November 22, 2014 04:36

DandelionPowderman
fuzzbox

Not to mention if it were on Exile...

If it were on Let It Bleed, I would have absolutely loved it.

Pity.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 22, 2014 06:35

treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis
LeonidP
imo, the most over-rated Stones tune of all time ... going by the amount of people that post how great it is. It simply isn't.

Agree 100%

It's not a horrible song, it's just completely forgettable.

Back To Zero, Turn The Girl Loose...they are horrible songs.

Oh man... yer just trying to be Primitive Cool. I think yer working with 1/2 A Loaf. You really shouldn't Shoot Off Your Mouth like that.

Date: November 22, 2014 10:28

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

OK, I'm sure you praised the song, and thought I was crap...

Date: November 22, 2014 16:18

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

well since you're making stuff up, then yes, you might as well just keep adding to it

Date: November 22, 2014 16:29

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis
LeonidP
imo, the most over-rated Stones tune of all time ... going by the amount of people that post how great it is. It simply isn't.

Agree 100%

Oh man... yer just trying to be Primitive Cool. I think yer working with 1/2 A Loaf. You really shouldn't Shoot Off Your Mouth like that.

hardy har har...no peace for the wicked eh?

Date: November 22, 2014 16:41

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

well since you're making stuff up, then yes, you might as well just keep adding to it

Do you really want me to dig up that thread and find your posts again, or should we leave it at this?

Date: November 22, 2014 17:06

This is your quote about the song. Even better than I remembered it:

"one of the worst songs in history"

Date: November 22, 2014 18:11

DandelionPowderman

LOL, had to go to another thread? You must love me to remember everything i've posted. If I did post that, it's an exaggeration from my annoyance at so many claiming this is a "great" song. Certainly no song can be as bad as Winning Ugly or Back To Zero.

As I've called it in this thread, the fact that some call this a classic, to me that makes it the "most overrated" song in the Stones catalog. Again, decent groove is all, overall very bland, very uninspired vocals by mick, very uninspired guitars etc. Again, it doesn't make any playlist I've ever compiled.

Date: November 22, 2014 18:33

Nobody claimed it was great, only that there was some interesting guitar playing on it. But I'm not gonna go there again.

Date: November 22, 2014 20:01

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis
LeonidP

Agree 100%

hardy har har...no peace for the wicked eh?

If Things Had Been Different...

Date: November 22, 2014 20:04

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

LOL, had to go to another thread? You must love me to remember everything i've posted. If I did post that, it's an exaggeration from my annoyance at so many claiming this is a "great" song. Certainly no song can be as bad as Winning Ugly or Back To Zero.

As I've called it in this thread, the fact that some call this a classic, to me that makes it the "most overrated" song in the Stones catalog. Again, decent groove is all, overall very bland, very uninspired vocals by mick, very uninspired guitars etc. Again, it doesn't make any playlist I've ever compiled.

I was referring to THAT thread all along, and you know that very well.

Date: November 22, 2014 20:10

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

I was referring to THAT thread all along, and you know that very well.

HUH? You lost me on this one. Although it's great!

HA HA! Come on. EVERYONE knows Streets Of Love is the Stones' ALL TIME WORST SONG EVER quickly followed by Winning Ugly, Back To Zero and a plethora of others!

Date: November 22, 2014 20:23

LOL! I just pointed out that Leonid said the song was crap in an earlier thread. He refused, and I had to go back and check as I knew it wasn't true.

He was right, he didn't say "crap", but "the worst song in the world"...

In other words, he loves it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 20:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 22, 2014 20:47

Ah. OK. He said Had It With You was the worst song in the world in the Streets Of Love thread...

I mean, that must be what he was really getting at, that SOL is the worst song in the world...

Posted by: frtg55 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 22:53

I love the song!
Dirty work is much better than most of their boring Vodoo Lounge or Bridges 2B crap.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home