Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Had it with you!
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 00:08

I think it's pretty great. It doesn't sound like anything else on the album. Almost a sixties throwback in the (short) tradition of All the Way Down from the album before. It's one of the four or five good songs on Dirty Work, which is a shame as Keith and company put together a lot of promising raw material that Mick didn't seem inspired to elevate.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2014 01:55

frtg55
I love the song!
Dirty work is much better than most of their boring Vodoo Lounge or Bridges 2B crap.

Nope.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: November 23, 2014 02:39

I like it although I agree that it isn't "great". Aside from HS and OH it's the only song on the album I like. "Fight" is ok I guess because I love Mick's delivery.

Dirty Work was more like a Keith and Ronnie album that went wrong with Mick as guest vocalist to me. But HIWY is ok.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:37

DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk
It's actually some kind of "New New" Barbarians track. Here's an outtake.

Didn't they call themselves the Biff @#$%& Trio? smoking smiley

thumbs up

Can't Cut The Mustard developing into Had It With You (embryo version). Epic outtake from Paris 1985 this is.

Great DIRTY WORK bootleg releases are out there!

DIRTY WORK DELUXE Disc 2 will be better compared to the original album...
- One Hit (long version)
- Can't Cut The Mustard (early Had It With You)
- Strictly Memphis (with Bobby Womack)
- Crushed Pearl (KR vocals)
- Invitation (with Bobby Womack and Don Covay)
- What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love
- Treat Me Like A Fool
- Deep Love (KR vocals)
- Harlem Shuffle (early take with MJ-Bobby Womack conversation lyrics)
-

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 03:41 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:54

DandelionPowderman
Nobody claimed it was great, only that there was some interesting guitar playing on it. But I'm not gonna go there again.

No there isn't.

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
This is your quote about the song. Even better than I remembered it:

"one of the worst songs in history"

LOL, had to go to another thread? You must love me to remember everything i've posted. If I did post that, it's an exaggeration from my annoyance at so many claiming this is a "great" song. Certainly no song can be as bad as Winning Ugly or Back To Zero.

As I've called it in this thread, the fact that some call this a classic, to me that makes it the "most overrated" song in the Stones catalog. Again, decent groove is all, overall very bland, very uninspired vocals by mick, very uninspired guitars etc. Again, it doesn't make any playlist I've ever compiled.

I was referring to THAT thread all along, and you know that very well.

How would I possibly know that? I've likely posted in over 10 different threads on Had It With You (or Dirty Work) -- probably more. I do other things than post on the Stones board and memorize every one.

Date: November 23, 2014 03:57

GasLightStreet
Ah. OK. He said Had It With You was the worst song in the world in the Streets Of Love thread...

I mean, that must be what he was really getting at, that SOL is the worst song in the world...

Well I know I've bashed SOL in many a thread too, so yeah, I am not even sure what he posted was about Had It With You. Even if so, there's no way to claim it as a worthwhile Stones tune. When they have about 400 songs better, why would you worry about such mediocrity?

Date: November 23, 2014 10:59

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
Nobody claimed it was great, only that there was some interesting guitar playing on it. But I'm not gonna go there again.

No there isn't.

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

LOL, had to go to another thread? You must love me to remember everything i've posted. If I did post that, it's an exaggeration from my annoyance at so many claiming this is a "great" song. Certainly no song can be as bad as Winning Ugly or Back To Zero.

As I've called it in this thread, the fact that some call this a classic, to me that makes it the "most overrated" song in the Stones catalog. Again, decent groove is all, overall very bland, very uninspired vocals by mick, very uninspired guitars etc. Again, it doesn't make any playlist I've ever compiled.

How would I possibly know that? I've likely posted in over 10 different threads on Had It With You (or Dirty Work) -- probably more. I do other things than post on the Stones board and memorize every one.

You got THAT pedantic in several threads? That's sad to hear, really sad.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 23, 2014 11:21

Calm down Ladies.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: November 23, 2014 13:14

Think they've had it with each other.

Date: November 23, 2014 16:27

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

No there isn't.

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

You got THAT pedantic in several threads? That's sad to hear, really sad.

I'm curious, how many threads have you pointlessly tried defending this below mediocre track? I would guess many more, and that is far more sad.

Date: November 23, 2014 16:40

The song's track talk is a good place to start...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:56

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis
LeonidP
imo, the most over-rated Stones tune of all time ... going by the amount of people that post how great it is. It simply isn't.

Agree 100%

It's not a horrible song, it's just completely forgettable.

Back To Zero, Turn The Girl Loose...they are horrible songs.

Oh man... yer just trying to be Primitive Cool. I think yer working with 1/2 A Loaf. You really shouldn't Shoot Off Your Mouth like that.

hardy har har...no peace for the wicked eh?

If Things Had Been Different...

Look skippy, I won't listen to all that flotsam and jetsam you're hurling.

I won't bow down...I won't kow tow.

Date: November 23, 2014 22:02

DandelionPowderman

Not to mention, certainly in any thread where I bashed it, no doubt... and then some. Again, you said my number was sad, and dismiss the question to your own number, which obviously makes that sadder. True or False? Answer the question!

Date: November 23, 2014 22:11

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Elmo Lewis
LeonidP
imo, the most over-rated Stones tune of all time ... going by the amount of people that post how great it is. It simply isn't.

Agree 100%

It's not a horrible song, it's just completely forgettable.

Back To Zero, Turn The Girl Loose...they are horrible songs.

Oh man... yer just trying to be Primitive Cool. I think yer working with 1/2 A Loaf. You really shouldn't Shoot Off Your Mouth like that.

hardy har har...no peace for the wicked eh?

If Things Had Been Different...

Look skippy, I won't listen to all that flotsam and jetsam you're hurling.

I won't bow down...I won't kow tow.

Oh I see. Well then, I guess I'll have to come up with a brand new set of rules.

Date: November 23, 2014 22:12

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
Ah. OK. He said Had It With You was the worst song in the world in the Streets Of Love thread...

I mean, that must be what he was really getting at, that SOL is the worst song in the world...

Well I know I've bashed SOL in many a thread too, so yeah, I am not even sure what he posted was about Had It With You. Even if so, there's no way to claim it as a worthwhile Stones tune. When they have about 400 songs better, why would you worry about such mediocrity?

Because it is better than Streets Of Love?

Date: November 24, 2014 00:55

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

Not to mention, certainly in any thread where I bashed it, no doubt... and then some. Again, you said my number was sad, and dismiss the question to your own number, which obviously makes that sadder. True or False? Answer the question!

I tried to get my point across: that one might not like a song, but at the same time enjoy interesting guitar playing on it. You said it wasn't possible, and used every opportunity to be difficult, ignorant, ridiculing and pedantic about it.

Go back to the, in your opinion, superior guitar work on ONNYA and enjoy it.

False, of course.

Date: November 24, 2014 03:37

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

I tried to get my point across: that one might not like a song, but at the same time enjoy interesting guitar playing on it. You said it wasn't possible, and used every opportunity to be difficult, ignorant, ridiculing and pedantic about it.

Go back to the, in your opinion, superior guitar work on ONNYA and enjoy it.

False, of course.

Sorry you missed the point. If I bashed it, it's because I don't think it's that great. If you like it then it's because you do. It won't really matter how many threads we go back & forth on it. Still, you pointed out that if I bashed it in 10 threads, that was sad. Certainly if I did, I'm sure you defended it in more than that. How is that more even more sad?

Deny it, but the answer was 'true'.

Date: November 24, 2014 08:44

You missed my point again. I never wanted you to like the song, merely pointing out that it was possible to enjoy some guitar playing in there. I still do.

It was you who said that you couldn't remember what you said in the song's track talk.

This is boring. We've had this discussion before and now you have moderated your view on it - fine!

Date: November 25, 2014 04:25

DandelionPowderman
You missed my point again. I never wanted you to like the song, merely pointing out that it was possible to enjoy some guitar playing in there. I still do.
No I didn't ... it kills you that anyone could claim to be a Stones fan and then bash a song, no matter how bad it is. This is proven time & time again. I see a SOL track talk thread, even before I enter, I am guessing you are somehow defending this poor track.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2014 04:52

OK, you two really need to get a room.

Or are you just live acting typing out the song "Had It With You" in its non-musical (well some would argue the song isn't particularly 'musical' in the first place), 'internet' form within this thread?

If that's the case it's bloody brilliant and all I could say is, carry on!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 25, 2014 08:43

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
No I didn't ... it kills you that anyone could claim to be a Stones fan and then bash a song, no matter how bad it is. This is proven time & time again. I see a SOL track talk thread, even before I enter, I am guessing you are somehow defending this poor track.

It is nice that you have matured your view on Had It With You. Let's leave it at that.

Date: November 25, 2014 10:17

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

It is nice that you have matured your view on Had It With You. Let's leave it at that.
How did I do that?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home