Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: No Security - the forgotten gem
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:52

ironbelly
24FPS
the last great Stones tour, ever.
Is yet to come. After a new album that will be better than EOMS.

Yes, and it will include Bill on bass, and Mick Taylor will be all over it, and Keith will write something good, and Charlie will get the snap back, and it won't be a pale imitation of earlier work. Yes, that's the ticket....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 30, 2014 21:59

DandelionPowderman
alimente
DandelionPowderman
alimente
Another case of albums that seem to suffer not from the material that's on there but from the material that's missing:

The idea of a live album not focusing on the warhorses, but "rarer" live tracks is well-meant, but the omission of tracks like "Little Queenie" (a tour highlight plus a new, fast arrangement compared to YaYas), She's A Rainbow, Crazy Mama -just to name a few- really spoils it for me.

Yeah, they could easily have made it a double album.

However, I'm not sure if the performances of Crazy Mama and She's A Rainbow in particular were good enough for a release.

I'm not sure if it's suffereing from anything, though. Maybe in sales - but the quality is top notch, imo.

Sister Morphine is excellent!

Well, they doctor here and they doctor there, so with a bit of doctoring on Rainbow and Crazy Mama they could have cleaned the rough edges of these tracks as well.

I agree that even YGMR sounds absolutely fantastic here.

However, the commercial outcome of NS was disappointing to say the least, I seem to recall that in the UK, they sold roughly only between 900 to 1000 copies in the first week after release! Surely must have been given Mick a hint that the commercial appeal of projects that were aimed more or less at their hardcore fan base is actually quite limited.

Agreed. And live albums in general weren't really popular anymore in the late 90s

Yeah, I think NO SECURITY is the last traditional live album they have released. After it - partly surely realizing the commercial downhill of the whole format - they lost interest. It was the DVDs that turned out be the next big thing, and I think they partly took the place once hold by live albums. Yes, the Stones have released live albums after it, but put together - and even overdubbed - by someone else. Contract fillers at most.

Probably NO SECURITY now looks a bit odd collection of numbers, and surely not give any kind of genuine represenation of a BRIDGES TO BABYLON concert as a whole. But we have to remember that still at the time the Stones didn't want to repeat their doings, but were still trying to do novel kind of things. So, NO SECURITY is to be judged in the context of their previous live albums. FLASHPOINT was a sort of representation of a new Stones concert, concentrating on highlights/war horses (a modern day YA-YA'S!). STRIPPED was clearly something else - acoustic live in studio format mostly. The difference of NO SECURITY was that of collecting 'rarities' together.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 22:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2014 00:51

Disc 2 of LIVE LICKS is just as worthy as NO SECURITY really. The mix is a bit more aggressive (?) than NO SECURITY. Brown Sugar sounds incredible - if you can get past the hack job of the editing 'they' did.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:47

Does anyone think that one day they will release a bluray from this tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 06:47 by JohnnyBGoode.

Date: October 31, 2014 09:57

GasLightStreet
Disc 2 of LIVE LICKS is just as worthy as NO SECURITY really. The mix is a bit more aggressive (?) than NO SECURITY. Brown Sugar sounds incredible - if you can get past the hack job of the editing 'they' did.

The playing on LL isn't even remotely as good, imo (Apart from MM, THSMLI and NOY - all excellent). And I liked the sound better on the DVD release...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2014 18:23

You Don't Have To Mean It is excellent on LIVE LICKS!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 1, 2014 00:46

thumbs upthumbs upI dint furget, got me the jap verjun back in the day with bonus track I Just Wanna Make Love To You.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 1, 2014 10:09

rogerriffin
November 4: Who's on the No Security cover?
The No Security CD is now out all over the world, and Stones fans may enjoy the memories of the BtB tour.
The front cover photo is taken at the show in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and the guy is Wolfgang Dusek, optician from Vienna. The girl is still not identified.

[www.iorr.org]

Thank you.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:08

rogerriffin
November 4: Who's on the No Security cover?
The No Security CD is now out all over the world, and Stones fans may enjoy the memories of the BtB tour.
The front cover photo is taken at the show in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and the guy is Wolfgang Dusek, optician from Vienna. The girl is still not identified.

[www.iorr.org]

I think this would have been an excellent cover for a Wolfgang Dusek album.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home