Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Fingers Journal - BTB era
Date: October 24, 2014 23:51

was anyone here a member of the daily email alert publication (?) called Sticky Fingers Journal? It was around the time of Bridges to Babylon. This was pre-message boards I suppose but I thought that was a great way to stay connected to the Stones, concerts, reviews etc. I had a daily routine in the morning, coffee and read the email before actually staring to work, lol.

I actually met a few of the members before a Stones concert in Madison Square Garden at a place called Mustang Sally's (?). I remember a guy name Fred used the handle Stray Cat and another guy Skippy. Any of them here? Just curious if anyone remembers to group and some of the members.....

Re: Sticky Fingers Journal - BTB era
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2014 00:07

You can find a link (SFJ) with old posts on this old page FLASHPOINT that I visit a lot back then isn't upgrade since 2001 or so

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 25, 2014 01:28

Yup, an excellent source of all sorts of great info.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: October 25, 2014 01:44

And don't forget the Undercover e-mail list. Some members on here might remember that rivalry. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-25 01:47 by SharksWillCry.

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: October 25, 2014 02:45

I was at mustangs so we prob met. Skippy is on here, not sure if Fred is. I just fwd this thread to Him. We had a good laugh.

Who can forget the skippy wars. We are talking 1995 here. I actually remember reminiscing about it with Skippy over the summer. Always gives me a good laugh.

I was in college at the time. I remember printing the entire newsletter every morning at the school library. Boy did they give me shit about that.

Date: October 25, 2014 17:33

Cool..Fred was really cool. My then girlfriend (now my wife) really enjoyed the pre concert event at Mustangs. He was the one that convinced me to make the trip to NYC based on his review in SFJ of the previous nights concert. He wrote something like if you can make it do anything possible to make it to NYC to see the Stones. I listened and took the train up from Philly and it was a great night. I was impressed by all the folks I talked to that night. Always remembered a guy who traveled from England on the spur of the moment to see them that night. I asked did your wife mind you taking this trip? His response was that when he returned home he had to buy a washer and dryer that his wife needed because that was the trade off....good times...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2014 18:49

I remember him with a baby at the Carrier Dome BTB show (great show . . . that was a great tour) also hassling the shit out of the Undercover people.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:45

Yep! It was fun.

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: October 26, 2014 19:14

Rokyfan
I remember him with a baby at the Carrier Dome BTB show (great show . . . that was a great tour) also hassling the shit out of the Undercover people.

Yeah he is a crazy fun guy. I always love to hear about his undercover stories. That baby is all grown up and still goes to stones shows. Incredible

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: October 26, 2014 19:37

I remember SFJ. I had "webTV" at the time and it took forever to load. I made friends with a few people from my local area (NJ/NYC). One guy had an uncle who worked on the Ed Sullivan show and he told me he got a chance to hang out with Brian Jones. I wish I still had the message. It was the one and only time I ever heard an "I met Brian" story.

Good times....What year did it end?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home