Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Opening song in Adelaide? Your guess?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 22, 2014 10:46

My guess is JJ Flash as a starter. But who knows? Maybe they will start with another song this Saturday at Adelaide Oval?

Re: Opening song in Adelaide? Your guess?
Date: October 22, 2014 10:50

They'll probably be alternating between JJF and SMU on the tour.

They should open with JJF, so then they'll probably do SMU in Adelaide smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 10:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 22, 2014 10:59

Yeah, Dandy. I guess chances are higher than 90 percent that they will start with either of those songs. Anything else would be a (pleasant?) surprise.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 22, 2014 10:59

Definitely agree that it'll be either JJF or SMU for the whole tour. I think Adelaide being a stadium show it'll probably be JJF.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:15

I think they will play Flight 505 as opener...... ;-)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:33

My bet is JJF.

Was a fantastic starter to the Glastonbury show. winking smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:49

The only time they TRULY surprised us with the opening song was that Midnight Rambler played in Australia in 2003. They should repeat it!

C

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:50

Start Me Up

Posted by: novica ()
Date: October 22, 2014 12:03

Start Me Up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 22, 2014 12:05

Please don't open with the boring and predictable Start Me Up. Rock'n'roll should be kept fresh.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 12:17

liddas
The only time they TRULY surprised us with the opening song was that Midnight Rambler played in Australia in 2003. They should repeat it!

C

Was that captured on film?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: October 22, 2014 12:30

Opening with Midnight Rambler at the Enmore BLEW MY MIND. Another opener I remember on the Licks tour was night 3 in Melbourne- Street Fighting Man and Jagger and Richards had a 'fight' on stage- Mick clearly gave Charlie the 'wind up' signal at the end of the song and Keith turned to Charlie, looked at him and kept chugging away. The whole concert had a weird vibe.
The band had a booking at my friends restaurant that night but never showed, then later Jet's manager told me there was a blow up backstage right before they went on, so I guess that's what caused it!

But my vote for Sat is JJF.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 22, 2014 12:50

Silver Dagger
Please don't open with the boring and predictable Start Me Up. Rock'n'roll should be kept fresh.

That was a funny remark cool smiley

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: October 22, 2014 13:14

Waiting on a Friend with Taylor on elecrtric rhythm guitar. Everything solved. smiling smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 22, 2014 13:24

Start Me Up

Date: October 22, 2014 14:35

liddas

C

Absolutely!!

I didn't see Not Fade Away coming in 1994, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 14:41

I think JJF is much stronger but it feels like the places they only play every 20 years end up with SMU.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 22, 2014 15:04

liddas

I Wanna Be Your Man goes down in my book as an unpredictable opener at the O2 in November 2012. I just loved it and it's absolutely ingrained in my memory.

On this one, I'm with Silver Dagger - anything but SMU as an opener, please...

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: October 22, 2014 15:07

How about the Australia "Midnight Rambler" opening in, what, '03?

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 22, 2014 15:32

liddas

C

Shattered at Shepherd's Bush in 1999. That was a surprising choice too.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 22, 2014 16:00

Beast
liddas

I Wanna Be Your Man goes down in my book as an unpredictable opener at the O2 in November 2012. I just loved it and it's absolutely ingrained in my memory.

I have the same feeling when I remember this concert. I've always loved I Wanna Be Your Man since the first time I heard it, and it was a great choice to open that concert with this song. Not Fade Away as an opener in 1995 was great, too.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 22, 2014 16:15

I Wanna Be Your Man

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 22, 2014 16:22

Cristiano Radtke
Beast
liddas

I have the same feeling when I remember this concert. I've always loved I Wanna Be Your Man since the first time I heard it, and it was a great choice to open that concert with this song. Not Fade Away as an opener in 1995 was great, too.

Same here! I Wanna Be Your Man was a great opener in O2. Get Off Of My Cloud which took it's place the rest of the 50 and... Tour was weaker in that spot.
Opening with YOU GOT ME ROCKING in Chicago and Austin 2006 was a surprise. They tried Paint It Black three times as an opener on the same leg of the ABB Tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2014 16:41

Out of Control would be an interesting choice...a bit different than starting with a rocker.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 22, 2014 16:59

If I was going to the show, I would want it to be Start Me Up ... to get it over with.grinning smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 17:04

Maybe because was my 1st concert in 1982, I am always in love with under my thumb as opener.
For Adelaide, I wanna take my risk and say " satisfaction " .

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 22, 2014 17:24

Scarf Me Up.

Don't know about the arena shows though. I'm hoping for more numbers and longer more varied sets. GOOMC was the main arena opener, but IWBYM would be a real treat. My jaw dropped to the floor when they opened with it on opening night.......a brave choice for once.

I've noticed a lot of other major artists don't "waste" a big song on the opener as the crowd are usually going nuts anyway.....Why not something like "Whip" or "Live with Me" followed by SFM and/or SMU ?

sc uk

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: October 22, 2014 17:27

It is always a song from a single or ep

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 22, 2014 18:23

andrea66
Maybe because was my 1st concert in 1982, I am always in love with under my thumb as opener.
For Adelaide, I wanna take my risk and say " satisfaction " .

I agree with Under my thumb, that was a good opener.

Date: October 22, 2014 20:54

Okey, bets so far: Start Me Up: 7, JJ Flash: 4, Rambler: 2, Satisfaction: 1, Waiting on a Friend: 1, Flight 505: 1, Wanna Be Your Man: 1, Out Of Control: 1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home