Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone Buying Stones Albums?
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:03

I sound like an old fuddy duddy saying this....well typing this I guess...but I miss the days I used to go sifting thru back alley record stores looking for stuff I knew I didn't have or in a never ending search for things I didn't know existed. Then everything sooner or later rose to the surface and was available as with now. Wanna a song - click a button on iTunes.

I sorta loved it more too when I knew less about the Stones and Beatles because I would buy so much blindly and couldn't wait to get it home onto the record player. I don't know when 7 turned into 46 or how even but it did. Still in therapy for Voodoo Lounge being 20 years old. I mean wtf?? That's one I never got around to getting on vinyl - VL. Saw a guy at the airport with it when the Stones flew into Perth back in 95 and considered mugging him. As sociopathatic as I am I couldn't do it to a fellow Stoner...even psychopaths need a code...

Anyways back to the topic....in the past cpl years I've bought the deluxe Grrrr (love that EP) the deluxe Charlie is my darling, Some Girls deluxe and Texas 78 dvd, SSS deluxe and a bunch of remasters just to be a completist. They really are a waste of money though.

Re: Anyone Buying Stones Albums?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2014 17:20

OzHeavyThrobber
I sound like an old fuddy duddy saying this....well typing this I guess...but I miss the days I used to go sifting thru back alley record stores looking for stuff I knew I didn't have or in a never ending search for things I didn't know existed. Then everything sooner or later rose to the surface and was available as with now. Wanna a song - click a button on iTunes.

I sorta loved it more too when I knew less about the Stones and Beatles because I would buy so much blindly and couldn't wait to get it home onto the record player. I don't know when 7 turned into 46 or how even but it did. Still in therapy for Voodoo Lounge being 20 years old. I mean wtf?? That's one I never got around to getting on vinyl - VL. Saw a guy at the airport with it when the Stones flew into Perth back in 95 and considered mugging him. As sociopathatic as I am I couldn't do it to a fellow Stoner...even psychopaths need a code...

Anyways back to the topic....in the past cpl years I've bought the deluxe Grrrr (love that EP) the deluxe Charlie is my darling, Some Girls deluxe and Texas 78 dvd, SSS deluxe and a bunch of remasters just to be a completist. They really are a waste of money though.

I don't know what the situation is like where you live but we still have a number of independent record stores in Vancouver, and a huge vinyl fair twice a year.

My buddies and I will meet for breakfast, and then spend 2-3 hours hunting through mostly pristine 99 cent vinyl. I bought 10 records on Sunday, for 10 bucks!

It's the thrill of the hunt. Never EVER any stones though...they've outsorted that and sell it in the $20+ bin. I have it all already many times over, but still interesting to take a flip through to see if anything rare pops up.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home