Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Anyone Buying Stones Albums?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:03

Regardless of the format, I'm talking about newly purchased ie you didn't have them and you're buying them from... a store of some sort, whatever wherever - and from what I've not read there's no way to know if they even make a dink of dent in the sales chart if you buy something via Amazon or eBay or whatever.

Their newest release, Sweet Summer Sun, comes in a multitude of formats, but their last album release, the stupid monkey compilation album -

does anyone here own that?

Re: Anyone Buying Stones Albums?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:07

I own it all and more.

I've got the two new ones on pre-order from Amazon UK...to be released next month.

Both DVD + 3 LPs.

Bring it on baby.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:22

Bought More Hot Rocks just yesterday. For some reason I never owned it before, even though the first Hot Rocks was one of my earliest Stones albums on vinyl more than 30 years ago. What a great collection! Especially disc 2. In fact, I'm playing it now (disc 1) as I type this. I'm sure I'll give both discs a spin tomorrow night as well. It's an essential collection. I would even go so far as to say that if someone asked me for a Stones record or comp collection to listen to as an intro, I would hand them More Hot Rocks.

Date: October 22, 2014 05:24

stonehearted
Bought More Hot Rocks just yesterday. For some reason I never owned it before, even though the first Hot Rocks was one of my earliest Stones albums on vinyl more than 30 years ago. What a great collection! Especially disc 2. In fact, I'm playing it now (disc 1) as I type this. I'm sure I'll give both discs a spin tomorrow night as well. It's an essential collection. I would even go so far as to say that if someone asked me for a Stones record or comp collection to listen to as an intro, I would hand them More Hot Rocks.

It is a great compilation.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:31

^ Just wanted to add the reason I picked it up finally. There was a discussion on another thread in recent days about Rolling Stones No. 2 and its lack of availability, and also that it starts out with a different version of Everybody Needs Somebody To Love--the version that can be found on More Hot Rocks. So I had to pick up this collection to get this version of Everybody Needs, which is one of the few official Stones tracks that until yesterday I had not owned and which, as they say, is well worth the price of admission. A truly inspiring track.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:32

All the time. cool smiley

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 21:12

Within the past three months, I've bought Hot Rocks, Exile, and Live at Texas '78 all on vinyl

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 22, 2014 21:37

Also have both new ones on preorder vinyl/dvd combos.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2014 21:40

i still do ,can't wait for hampton 81, and L.A. 75

Date: October 22, 2014 21:51

I bought "Europe '73" and "El Mocambo" on vinyl today. smileys with beer

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 22:40

started my cd stones collection in 2005, after years of buying tapes and vinyl. after 9 years i now have 38 cd,s and figured out i would still need another 12 to complete the collection. in the last 2 years all my stones cd,s have been bought 2nd hand from amazon, i just dont see the point in getting completely new or special edition box editions at grossly inflated prices.

i got rid of all my tapes about 4 years ago but kept the vinyl albums, 19 in all but none of them original exxept steel wheels. i figure 1 day i might start to collect the rest of the vinyl albums, probably 2nd hand from amazon, and will continue to collect all official stones dvd,s which i have most of, and maybe in time i will start to buy from amazon the original singles which you can get very cheap 2nd hand ofcourse.

i just wonder does anyone have all official releases in all formats, vhs, dvd, tape, cd and vinyl of albums and singles, including special edition box sets in all formats and if so, did it cost you a fortune.

Date: October 23, 2014 01:40

buttons67
started my cd stones collection in 2005, after years of buying tapes and vinyl. after 9 years i now have 38 cd,s and figured out i would still need another 12 to complete the collection. in the last 2 years all my stones cd,s have been bought 2nd hand from amazon, i just dont see the point in getting completely new or special edition box editions at grossly inflated prices.

i got rid of all my tapes about 4 years ago but kept the vinyl albums, 19 in all but none of them original exxept steel wheels. i figure 1 day i might start to collect the rest of the vinyl albums, probably 2nd hand from amazon, and will continue to collect all official stones dvd,s which i have most of, and maybe in time i will start to buy from amazon the original singles which you can get very cheap 2nd hand ofcourse.

i just wonder does anyone have all official releases in all formats, vhs, dvd, tape, cd and vinyl of albums and singles, including special edition box sets in all formats and if so, did it cost you a fortune.

is that a rhetorical question?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2014 02:49

Record and release a new album .... Then I buy ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 23, 2014 02:54

Of course, I mean NEW, ie you've a. never had it b. bought another copy - new c. found some import...

Not used. Not sure if buying something 'new' on Amazon etc counts... then again, it had to have been purchased somehow.

Date: October 23, 2014 02:55

I left out iTunes. Digital albums... I guess that should count. I really mean the physical record - vinyl and/or CD.

Date: October 23, 2014 04:20

I got 'em all and waiting for new ones…CDs and DVDs.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 23, 2014 10:06

My last Stones new purchases were Sweet Summer Sun on CD, GRRR 2-CD compilation to get the new tracks and Doom and Gloom vinyl (never understood why they didn't put One More Shot as b-side...) and Some Girls Live in Texas on vinyl. Not sure if all this can count as "albums" though...

Date: October 23, 2014 10:14

Recently, I bought all the US editions of the 60s albums on vinyl. Some were originals (OOOH and DC), some were brand new releases (ENHM) and some were used reissues (A, BTB, F).

I bought this beautiful new release:

I bought Sweet Summer Sun when it came out + the Plundered My Soul single on vinyl. Same with the Jeff Bhasker-mix of Doom And Gloom on vinyl.

I probably bought some more lately. In addition to thos, lots of used stuff, of course.

EDIT: Just ordered the LA Friday vinyl/DVD-release as well smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 10:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 23, 2014 11:26

We've been literally flooded by new releases in the past years, but most of them are redundant and/or overpriced.

Grrr I don't have. Bought the singles on itunes. Digital release only for Sweet Summer Sun. Charlie is my darling I will buy when I will make up my mind how to replace my old DVD player. Of all the deluxe-exclusive-limitededitions I bought only Ya Ya's: 100 euro for 4 songs - never again.

The bootleg series was great though. I don't know if it counts. Don't think I will buy the physical CDs.

BUT, if a new release is on the way, for sure I will be the first to buy it!

C

Date: October 23, 2014 11:28

<100 euro for 4 songs - never again.>

Well, the BB King and Ike & Tina Turner-sets weren't too bad? winking smiley

Date: October 23, 2014 11:50

DandelionPowderman
<100 euro for 4 songs - never again.>

Well, the BB King and Ike & Tina Turner-sets weren't too bad? winking smiley

Yes and no.

Being a fan of both BB King and Tina, I consider those performances nothing more than "good" for their standards (Ike in particular wasn't exactly on top form).
What made the inclusion of their sets interesting was only to have Ya Ya's as it was originally intended.

So, to recap, if you already have YaYa's on vinyl and CD, Gimme Shelter, the Let it Bleed photo book and loads of BBKing and Ike&Tina boost, what's really left is 4 songs.

But I admit that what I truly hate of all these box sets is not much what is included, rather what could/should have been included!

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 11:51 by liddas.

Date: October 23, 2014 11:55

Matter of fact I just ordered both 'Hot Rocks', The first one and "More". I cant rrcall if one, or both contain certain unique versons of well known songs.
I am often re-upping on a Stonesalbum. I firmly believe that every true hard fan should own all official album,s. I had lost many of my albums in 20001, and had to start a lifetime of collecting over. Many folks in thr community helped me get jump started again.
But yeah, so I never had got the HR duo in yet.

Date: October 23, 2014 15:49

DandelionPowderman
Recently, I bought all the US editions of the 60s albums on vinyl. Some were originals (OOOH and DC), some were brand new releases (ENHM) and some were used reissues (A, BTB, F).

I bought Sweet Summer Sun when it came out + the Plundered My Soul single on vinyl. Same with the Jeff Bhasker-mix of Doom And Gloom on vinyl.

I probably bought some more lately. In addition to thos, lots of used stuff, of course.

Nice, you finally pulled the trigger.

What is the story with that other release you have the photo of.

A bootleg of some sort?

Date: October 23, 2014 16:23

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

Nice, you finally pulled the trigger.

What is the story with that other release you have the photo of.

A bootleg of some sort?

A semi-legit release from "Doxy Music". Milking the copyright law, according to my friend who runs a record store, whom I bought it from.

It is absolutely brilliant, though thumbs up

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:33

The old Trademark of Quality boots are worth their weight in gold. Never know what you might find at a rummage or an estate sale. A lot of these youngsters, selling off their grandparents record collections, have no idea of the premium placed on some of these collectors items by obsessive collectors.

Date: October 23, 2014 17:39

DandelionPowderman

A semi-legit release from "Doxy Music".

Since when Doxa has his own label?

C

Date: October 23, 2014 17:40

liddas
DandelionPowderman

C

That was what I thought, too >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 23, 2014 18:23

I just bought Exile on Main St. CD again. I have the Deluxe, but it skipped on Tumbling Dice. Played it too much and let people borrow it!

Also, I just recently bought LA Friday, which is quite good. Makes me wish Mick Taylor would have stuck around for one more tour. I would have loved to hear him on Wild Horses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 18:24 by TravelinMan.

Date: October 23, 2014 18:28

DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman

C

You're mixing Doxa up with Drian Ferry.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 23, 2014 21:36

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman

C

You're mixing Doxa up with Drian Ferry.

>grinning smiley<

Actually I'm more into watch, document film and energy business:

[www.doxawatches.com]

[www.doxafestival.ca]

[www.doxaenergy.com]

But, of course, it is good to have a little vessel to ship Rolling Stones record collections around the world. Here ready to go Down Under to catch the Stones:

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 21:50 by Doxa.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home