Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mr, Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown', Produced by Mick Jagger
Posted by: basti ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:59

Hallo everyone in the USA smiling smiley

on october 27, on HBO is a a Doku from James Brown (by Mick Jagger)
Can anybody recording this and upload here for us the Stones Family

basti

Re: Mr, Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown', Produced by Mick Jagger
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 29, 2014 02:44

did anyone get to see this?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 29, 2014 06:53

Yes. I thought it was very good. It doesn't trace his pathetic decline but it doesn't sugar coat his behavior in his hey day. Great footage too.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 29, 2014 07:57

TeddyB1018
Yes. I thought it was very good. It doesn't trace his pathetic decline but it doesn't sugar coat his behavior in his hey day. Great footage too.

That's what I like to see, is footage of James in his prime. Surprisingly there really wasn't anything commercially available with an extended dance sequence until the TAMI show was released.

Date: October 29, 2014 10:43

24FPS
TeddyB1018

That's what I like to see, is footage of James in his prime. Surprisingly there really wasn't anything commercially available with an extended dance sequence until the TAMI show was released.
i had recorded it and watched it with my girlfriend last night. The footage they unearthed was amazing. I love watching Bobby Byrd;have always watched him. It is really great that they have the 3 drummers Melvin P., Jabo and Stubblefield. Listening to them tell stories first hand; about the beat. Melvin Parker tells an incredible story about guns, LOL.
I can't recommend this enough.
One thing that comnpletey floored me, and I didn't know is what Jagger tells us: that at TAMI show there was hours in between each performefr, and they actually carted in a new audience. So the whole thing aboiut JB blowing the Stones away is kind of a myth. Although James Brown certainly WANTED to blow the Stones away. And he is incredible. The way he hits that stage: it's like he is fired from a cannon.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 29, 2014 17:08

I thought it was good to sto where it did and not rehash his painful decline (too much). The doc gave a great insight into Brown's musical genius and way of thinking, and did not gloss over his many personal shortcomings. I felt it was invigorating and honest. Also, it's nice when you're the executive producer and you get to dispel a myth about yourself by appearing in your own film. Good one, Mick!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 29, 2014 17:16

Saw it in bits and pieces. My DVR cut off the last 25 minutes. Hopefully I can catch the rest of it.

Date: October 30, 2014 00:24

Bluzdude, the last 25 minutes were very interesting. About the paradox in James Brown.
The doc really showed about the band mutiny; it explined it first hand from band members.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:48

I caught the last half of it on HBO the other night. I liked how they talked about the music, and how JB created those mind-blowing rhythms...that doesn't always come across in films, but they made it visceral.
And I liked that they showed JB with his faults. Have to catch the rest later.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 15, 2014 09:42

I saw it and liked it but had hoped they'd include something about Living in America which was a late-career hit for Brown that I like.

I never realized before this documentary how much Michael Jackson got his moves from Brown.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 1, 2015 00:01

This documentary will be aired tonight on BBC2, in 15 minutes. winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 1, 2015 04:23

It's available for UK viewers. [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 1, 2015 11:11

I preferred the journey through the south prior: a wonderful few minutes with Tony Joe White.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2015 17:15

'Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown' will be broadcasted today, 12th Sept., on the french/german TV-station arte at 21:45.

Rebroadcast: 19-Sept-2015, 0:25, arte.

Also available in the arte+7 Mediathek from 12th Sept. to 12th Oct. 2015.

[www.arte.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-12 17:25 by Irix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home