Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals in Adelaide Australia October 2014
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 17:15

that's not Pierre unless he aged 40 years over the past 2 months...

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 17:22

Wow, smokin hot...I smell backstage pass for that young Aussie beauty!!!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 21, 2014 18:01

Deathgod
LARS

...What's LARS ?!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 21, 2014 18:09

RoughJusticeOnYa
Deathgod
LARS

...What's LARS ?!

I didn't get it at first either... For some reason, your asking the question made it obvious to me (if I'm right that is):

"Like A Rolling Stone" is my guess.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2014 18:19

Sway was played live on the first date of the US FALL 2006 tour at gillette stadium in foxboro mass.Rocking Ronnie Wood nailed it on his black gibson SG guitar 9/20/06 !!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2014 18:25

Thanks for the updates on the rehearsals!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 21, 2014 19:15

bv
Four hours of rehearsals today, almost nonstop, hard work, and hardly any warhorses, for those who can't live with the greatest songs of the Rolling Stones for some reason... Anyway ... tonight was great for sure. Everybody is nice and friendly, we are a small group of some 15 or so fans, some call us stalkers, after all we are within a mental hospital complex so we are allowed to be anything we are. By the way I grew up in a mental hospital, my father was the gardener there, nothing wrong with being mental, we are all a bit mental at times, so I feel at home these days. But that is another story.

They started off with "Like A Rolling Stone", then rushed through the 60's and 70's with some fast songs, I have the complete list and I will post it tomorrow. I will just pick the best parts, because I understand there is still some sort of worry about the guest player that used to play the guitar in the early 70's...

You can hear it within seconds when Mick Taylor is plugged in. He simply start playing with his guitar like a runner is warming up for a race. It all comes natural. So I can hear the first tones of SWAY from the guitar of Mr Taylor. Mick Taylor that is. He simply play with his guitar until the rest of the band is ready. Then they do a number of intros of Sway, they always do that at rehearsals, Mick Jagger stop the song and they restart it and they want it right from the start, so after 3 or 4 starts we are on. They do two complete takes of Sway. May be they will do it at Perth #2, that is my best guess for now. It is not a stadium song, and it is not a "first night in the city" song, but you never know. It is very, very powerful, and every time I hear it, on stage or at rehearsals, I feel it is all worth the travel and hazzle to be there. SWAY!!!!

Silver Train again and again. Great. Midnight Rambler. Very short because there is no crowd inside the building where they rehearse. We are outside... Probably just 7 minutes or so. But Mick Taylor is playing here for those who still not trust what I am saying.

Chuck Leavell is leaving they say. After they finish "Loving Cup". So I assume the rehearsals are over. Everybody is over by the cars. I hang around where we can hear what they play and I hear they are still on, Mick is still there, they do Dead Flowers, but the next one is more interesting, the highlight of the day...

I hear Mick and a piano. Two complete runs like they are working their way through the song. So who is playing the piano? Tim? Mick? I assume Tim Ries is playing. It is like a new song, they adventure into it and by take two I hear the bass and the drums and the guitars are coming. So we get the full version of "Shine A Light". What more can you expect when you are in time zone +8,5 vs Europe and half an hour away from any parts of the rest of Australia? It made my day, I just love the rehearsals, just like I love Adelaide, to bike around in the city and at the rehearsals, and in four days we will have a bunch of these songs for real on stage at the Adelaide Oval!

More tomorrow, a lot more, I just need some sleep...

Some of the most interesting people in the world are those who are perceived to be mental.

Nate

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 21, 2014 19:19

Thanks for the reports on the rehearsals. Glad to hear all have arrived and that Oz is about to get their Rocks Off!

Hope you get a little more Mick Taylor in the mix, especially with Bobby Keys on the sidelines for this round.

Heartbreaker>Bitch>Can't You Hear Me Knockin'>Coming Down Again

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 21, 2014 21:01

bv
Four hours of rehearsals today, almost nonstop, hard work, and hardly any warhorses, for those who can't live with the greatest songs of the Rolling Stones for some reason... Anyway ... tonight was great for sure. Everybody is nice and friendly, we are a small group of some 15 or so fans, some call us stalkers, after all we are within a mental hospital complex so we are allowed to be anything we are. By the way I grew up in a mental hospital, my father was the gardener there, nothing wrong with being mental, we are all a bit mental at times, so I feel at home these days. But that is another story.

They started off with "Like A Rolling Stone", then rushed through the 60's and 70's with some fast songs, I have the complete list and I will post it tomorrow. I will just pick the best parts, because I understand there is still some sort of worry about the guest player that used to play the guitar in the early 70's...

You can hear it within seconds when Mick Taylor is plugged in. He simply start playing with his guitar like a runner is warming up for a race. It all comes natural. So I can hear the first tones of SWAY from the guitar of Mr Taylor. Mick Taylor that is. He simply play with his guitar until the rest of the band is ready. Then they do a number of intros of Sway, they always do that at rehearsals, Mick Jagger stop the song and they restart it and they want it right from the start, so after 3 or 4 starts we are on. They do two complete takes of Sway. May be they will do it at Perth #2, that is my best guess for now. It is not a stadium song, and it is not a "first night in the city" song, but you never know. It is very, very powerful, and every time I hear it, on stage or at rehearsals, I feel it is all worth the travel and hazzle to be there. SWAY!!!!

Silver Train again and again. Great. Midnight Rambler. Very short because there is no crowd inside the building where they rehearse. We are outside... Probably just 7 minutes or so. But Mick Taylor is playing here for those who still not trust what I am saying.

Chuck Leavell is leaving they say. After they finish "Loving Cup". So I assume the rehearsals are over. Everybody is over by the cars. I hang around where we can hear what they play and I hear they are still on, Mick is still there, they do Dead Flowers, but the next one is more interesting, the highlight of the day...

I hear Mick and a piano. Two complete runs like they are working their way through the song. So who is playing the piano? Tim? Mick? I assume Tim Ries is playing. It is like a new song, they adventure into it and by take two I hear the bass and the drums and the guitars are coming. So we get the full version of "Shine A Light". What more can you expect when you are in time zone +8,5 vs Europe and half an hour away from any parts of the rest of Australia? It made my day, I just love the rehearsals, just like I love Adelaide, to bike around in the city and at the rehearsals, and in four days we will have a bunch of these songs for real on stage at the Adelaide Oval!

More tomorrow, a lot more, I just need some sleep...

Very nice review Bjornulf..........

Posted by: StoneApache ()
Date: October 21, 2014 21:40

Macnee2
I reckon they had a few goes at Sway around about 5 when I wandered in.

It was pretty quiet - security were good with pointing out where to find water to drink and were cool. The bodyguards we ran into were also cool.
I'd say the crowd were about 10 iorr types listening for tunes and rarities and about 10 celebrity chasers. From some of the conversations of the more pushy acting fans, hanging around chasing ANY celeb is a respectable alternative to actually going to work and paying taxes.
Could these be the ones mistaken for Glenside inmates last Thursday by the Daily Mail?

thumbs up

...Wandering Stone...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 21, 2014 21:47

DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman
Can't Be Seen was a mess in the beginning of the tour, and wonderful later in the tour.

I wouldn't go that far....

Oh yes, it was indeed smiling smiley

You mean he sang as good as he played guitar, right?

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: October 21, 2014 22:07

Thank you kindky Bjornulf for the update...
smoking smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 21, 2014 22:54

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman
Can't Be Seen was a mess in the beginning of the tour, and wonderful later in the tour.

Come On! Powderman! HAPPY in HydePark was miles better.
To begin with: HAPPY (Exile version) versus Can't Be Seen (Steel Wheels version) I'd say: 8-2 at least. What do you think? It's a draw? Hahaha.
A nice KR set DownUnder with these temperatures (38°C) would be a 3 song KR set: Slipping Away (+MT)-The Worst and Happy. Give Mick a little more rest from the heat.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 21, 2014 23:44

Hope they'll do some more of those great early 70s songs onstage and not just rehearsals. Hope they'll use Taylor more, but I've learned many times to lower my expectations...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 21, 2014 23:45

Happy, Born To Make Me Run, You Got The Silver, those are the money songs for KR. Taylor should play rhythm on Happy when they do it, Ronnie's part doesn't help Keith much. Can't be Seen, is not as good a song.

Date: October 22, 2014 00:15

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman

Lovely on both accounts smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2014 00:17

RipThisBone
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman

To begin with: HAPPY (Exile version) versus Can't Be Seen (Steel Wheels version) I'd say: 8-2 at least. What do you think? It's a draw? Hahaha.
A nice KR set DownUnder with these temperatures (38°C) would be a 3 song KR set: Slipping Away (+MT)-The Worst and Happy. Give Mick a little more rest from the heat.

IMO, Happy hasn't been good since 1978, except for the Winos' 1988-version.

Date: October 22, 2014 00:19

DoomandGloom
Happy, Born To Make Me Run, You Got The Silver, those are the money songs for KR. Taylor should play rhythm on Happy when they do it, Ronnie's part doesn't help Keith much. Can't be Seen, is not as good a song.

Born To Make Me Run would make a splendid medley grinning smiley

Taylor on RHYTHM on Happy??

Posted by: pierre007 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 01:11

Meanwhile in Adelaide at The Governor Hindmarsh ( The Gov ) Hotel

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 01:59

RipThisBone
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman

Only going to be 27 degrees on Saturday. Perfect for 2 Keith songs only!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2014 02:31

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman

Lovely on both accounts smiling smiley

But not by all accounts.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 22, 2014 03:06

Great update. Thanks bv, it sounds like the Aussies are in for a real treat...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 22, 2014 03:10

Rehearsals Tuesday Oct. 21 (complete list):

- Like A Rolling Stone
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- Respectable
- Beast Of Burden
- Emotional Rescue
- Ain't To Proud To Beg
- Shattered
- Some Girls
- Angie (bit)
- Sway (with Mick Taylor) 2x
- Silver Train 3x
- Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) (short version)
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Loving Cup
- She's So Cold
- Dead Flowers
- Shine A Light
- Can't Be Seen (Keith)

For more details see my report posted last night.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 03:10 by bv.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: October 22, 2014 03:50

bv

- Like A Rolling Stone
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- Respectable
- Beast Of Burden
- Emotional Rescue
- Ain't To Proud To Beg
- Shattered
- Some Girls
- Angie (bit)
- Silver Train 3x
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Loving Cup
- She's So Cold
- Dead Flowers
- Shine A Light
- Can't Be Seen (Keith)

Thanks for the report back! Nearly half of the songs Mick Taylor originally played on. Here's hoping he gets 1 or 2 more songs. I always get my hopes up but...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2014 05:09

PhillyFAN
bv

- Like A Rolling Stone
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- Respectable
- Beast Of Burden
- Emotional Rescue
- Ain't To Proud To Beg
- Shattered
- Some Girls
- Angie (bit)
- Silver Train 3x
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Loving Cup
- She's So Cold
- Dead Flowers
- Shine A Light
- Can't Be Seen (Keith)

Thanks for the report back! Nearly half of the songs Mick Taylor originally played on. Here's hoping he gets 1 or 2 more songs. I always get my hopes up but...

Bit of a dream setlist...could the aussies get that lucky?

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: October 22, 2014 06:04

Excellent list.
Still, I hope they perform Plundered My Soul live before call it a day

Posted by: JumpinAC ()
Date: October 22, 2014 06:46

I'm a huge RS fan and live here in Adelaide. Even though I've seen them overseas and interstate, I've been waiting for this weekend for almost 20 years since last time they played here at Footy Park. Are there any whispers of a warm up gig ?

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 22, 2014 07:27

Great review BV. Had to laugh at your "mental" comments". Very funny. And quite true with regard to most of us lot on here smiling bouncing smiley

I think it's great they wade thru a bunch of different songs. Probably gets them thinking and out of autopilot mode. They will play the "warhorses" as many here like to call them at the shows I'm sure but that's just dandy with me. They're the greatest f'king songs of all time and played by the Rolling Stones. Why wouldn't I want that?

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 22, 2014 07:51

I agree Kyle about those particular songs but a couple of surprises wouldn't go astray especially Sway with Mick T on guitar.

Roll on Adelaide......

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 22, 2014 07:56

Wow sounds like a friggin' GREAT set list for this days rehearsal, although I can't imagine they won't throw in the warhorses, which would diminish the set imho. The Sway with MT makes me want to book a flight tomorrow! peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home