Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals in Adelaide Australia October 2014
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:11

Here's a nice photo selection of todays shooting:
[www.mix1023.com.au]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:12

Soundcheck at the Adelaide Oval this afternoon Thursday Oct 23:

- Tumbling Dice
- Jumping Jack Flash
- Wild Horses
- Midnight Rambler (with Mich Taylor)
- Sympathy For The Devil
- Happy (Keith)
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (just Matt Clifford doing two minutes horn improvisation!)

That's it! You could hear them across the river, they were loud and clear. A hundred fans stopped by and listened. Mind you it takes 20 years between each visit by the Stones to Adelaide, the previous shows here were in 1973 and 1995!

Mick left with his car window wide open. With a straw hat. I have a picture but I need time to get it online. The girls waiting by the back door were screaming like in the 60's so I knew the window was open and Mick was smiling to us. May be some of the guys were screaming too, at least it went a bit busy when the cars left, Mick and then Charlie queuing up behind him. By then Keith had left half an hour earlier and Ronnie shortly after Keith.

So everybody is ready, Adelaide is ready, the Stones are ready, the fans have been ready since 1995. See you on saturday at the show!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 12:20 by bv.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:20

Funtastic!

Date: October 23, 2014 12:23

Thank you for reporting, bv.
They did Sympathy quiet often, hopefully they have reworked it a bit smiling smiley
Great weeks are coming now. I wish everyone who goes to the shows a wonderful time.
It could be the last time ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:37

They do SYMPATHY every single night. It is a powerful song, real powerful, and for this tour watch out for Keith on Sympathy, he is walking around with his guitar and playing it real loud and real sharp. If you love Keith and his riffs then this version of SYMPATHY is a must.

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2014 12:44

I do not say that I don't like the way they play it. Keith did outstanding playing on that song and Ronnie nice back work. It is a highlight every show for sure (and one of my favorites) But sometimes they had some things in it to make it even more fantastic like in 2003 they pulled bass and everything down and Mick and the crowd who-whood along.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:45

A good selection of songs for a soundcheck- regular tunes, a ballad, one with Mick T, Keith's lead vox and Sympathy with the backing track and Charlie's headphones.
See you all in 48 hours- we should all be hearing IORR about this time!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:55

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:08

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:20

DandelionPowderman
wupperstein
Nothing new at the rehearsals. The same stuff as in Europe!

Except for The Worst and Factory Girl.

BTW, Like A Rolling Stones was highly praised by the people who attended the show they played it on in Europe.

Yes I voted for it in Madrid and when they announced it had won the vote a massive cheer from the crowd and it was great smiling smiley

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:42

October 23

Tom Huntley

[www.news.com.au]

Date: October 23, 2014 13:53

ANSA

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 23, 2014 14:12

Hèh hèh hèh... They're all standing in the right spot; that's for sure... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 23, 2014 14:27

We are so lucky

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 23, 2014 14:54

bv
They do SYMPATHY every single night. It is a powerful song, real powerful, and for this tour watch out for Keith on Sympathy, he is walking around with his guitar and playing it real loud and real sharp. If you love Keith and his riffs then this version of SYMPATHY is a must.

Great song but I've thought for a while now that they've been missing a trick (as we say in the UK) by not playing it as an opener...it would be a great opener......"Pleased to meet you........and all that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 15:33 by EddieByword.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 15:17

Quite an odd photo shoot that one. Try to do different stuff for the camera?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 23, 2014 15:25

I only wish their setlist was as imaginative as their style of dressing!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 15:29

Good point

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 23, 2014 15:45

The band is really looking great!

Date: October 23, 2014 15:59

Morne de Klerk

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:00

bye bye johnny
October 23

[www.news.com.au]

OMG...the Beatles!

Great shots, thanks for posting!

Date: October 23, 2014 16:16

G'day.
Before you slay me about the spelling of my name please refer to bv as this is what he gave me when he reinstated me on here!
I'm a local Adelaide boy and went to the soundcheck at Adelaide Oval this evening.What happened at the end was...well you don't climax until the end!
The media story was that the boys would be soundchecking around 6 pm.
Me mate Mark & I got there around 5.30...got out the car about 2 blocks away and we could hear the "oohh Yeaahh!' part of Midnight Rambler in the distance. Shit! They've started! Our pace quickened.
Got to some gates near the side of the stage just as Sympathy started. Could not see any of the band but the stage etc looked awesome!
Volume and sound fantastic...loved the way Mick sang this..not hurried or barked..you hear every word of this legendary song. Keith crisp and controled.
Next we heard Keith say "Let's do Happy". And we were glad they did.
Remember people:the Stones have not been to our fair city for 19 years-we want "Happy"!!
Then that was it. We came too late.
BUT...we went to the northern exit. You see, I've been going to this Oval for 40 years to watch cricket and footy. And I know there there is only one entry/exit for vehicles.
My hunch paid off BIG TIME.
We could see the vans and Audi limos through the gate. Security dude smirked when we said "Is this where the Stones leave?"
About 15 people there at this stage.
1/2 hour later black Audi van comes through..windows totally blacked out...faint sign of a burning ember in the backseat...yep that was Keith.Oh well.
Me mate Mark mentions to me that we should go to the top of the track where the cars will have to stop before entering the main road. We go.
Only about 3 other people there...meanwhile the crowd at the gates gets bigger.
A white van comes towards us...sitting in the front passenger seat - windows down-
MickTaylor...gives us a half-wave looking a bit glum. As long as he fires Saturday night who cares!
Next was Ronnie who was in a conversation with the driver..hey,he's been the most visible Stone so far so all good.
But what happened next blew my mind. 20 minutes later a black Audi limo came through the gates. Suddenly there were screams and yells..we could see people mobbing the car and running around it. The crowd down by the gates was around 50 I reckon. it was obvious who was coming our way.
I prayed that there was traffic so they had to stop for a while.But I didn't have to worry about that.
There was about 8 of us.The Audi slowed then stopped. The back window went down. There was Tim...but next to him MICK JAGGER!!
In a moment like this what does a poor boy do?
This all happened in 15 seconds: Mick leans forward and gives a wave with that classic Mick grin (the man's happy!) while I record on my Samsung and my mate takes some snaps with a real camera. I say " God bless ya Mick!" as other people say much the same. Then I get out "Looking forward to Saturday night Mick!"
Now get this: he does that famous point at me and says "Yeah..awright" and he and Tim start laughing as the limo turns left onto the main road.
We freaked out! Absolutely surreal. We were 5 feet from the man. He had a straw hat on and looked so cool.we were so excited that none of us noticed that while this was happening a second limo came up behind Mick's and went straight through...damn! that must have been Charlie!
Listen: I could keep going on but it is 11.30 pm here in Adelaide and I have a HUGE weekend coming up...gotta pickup some mates from Queensland at the airport early in the morning...they'll be spewing when they see my vid and photos.
I will put my stuff on here tomorrow for ya's...if we can work out how to..so you can see I'm not shittin' ya!

Wow......

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:31

yes, beautiful pictures. the guys look amazing. you can see they have something magic during official occasions. they are transformed, you can see they still enjoy what they are doing

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:37

Ronnie you need to eat my man! Kinda skinny

Date: October 23, 2014 16:45

SYMPATHY

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:52

BeggersFingersSoup
G'day.
Before you slay me about the spelling of my name please refer to bv as this is what he gave me when he reinstated me on here!

Wow......

well, begger's can't be chusers.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 23, 2014 16:56

Great to see so much info,pics and videos coming through from Adelaide.

Thanks so much to you all.

Saturday night and day in Adelaide, is gonna be great. >grinning smiley<

Date: October 23, 2014 16:59

GREAT story, BeggersFingersSoup! smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 23, 2014 17:46

in the photos above posted by bye bye Johnny (thank you ) the glimmers look like ageless wonders of the world .also mick never gets tired of grabbing on ronnie ,and good ole rocking ronnie wood sure does not mind one bit at all . i know they are publicity photos , but the glimmers sure do photograph well !!!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 23, 2014 18:03

Great...Thanx everybody for sharing...I gotta get me a pair of those blue shoes that Woody is wearing...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home