Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Karl Denson to tour with The Rolling Stones
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 16, 2014 14:44

Didn't know about him before but I like the stuff I heard. There are lots of great musicians around the world. But he seems to be a good choice.
Hope he's allowed to bring in some of his own style. Would be nice to have some new blood in the performances.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2014 14:55

bye bye johnny
Karl Denson posted this message on Facebook:

"While we celebrate my good fortune, let's also pray for Bobby Keys quick recovery. I've been studying his playing since I was 19 or 20 years old. He is what I call the original " slow hand" saxophonist. Sometimes less IS more. Get well soon Bobby..."

[www.facebook.com]

Nice message. I like this guy already.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 17, 2014 16:18

electricmud
Best wishes to Bobby. But I`m sure he would like Mr Denson. Wow, check this out:

[url=http://

]Karl Denson[/url]

Tom[/quote]

This track just KILLS! Been listening to it for months.

Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 15:16

Good luck to Mr Denson. Really digging his playing. That track is fantastic.

As for Bobby? He is, to me, a Rolling Stone. A crucial part of the band and the history.

I was lucky enough to work with him last year in Nashville. He played some sax on a new track I was working on. I flew over from Scotland for a few days. Here's what we came up with. Get well soon Bob x

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 18, 2014 15:40

Never heard of him till now but just searched for him on soundcloud and yep, loving it

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 18, 2014 16:03

bye bye johnny

"While we celebrate my good fortune, let's also pray for Bobby Keys quick recovery. I've been studying his playing since I was 19 or 20 years old. He is what I call the original " slow hand" saxophonist. Sometimes less IS more. Get well soon Bobby..."

[www.facebook.com]

All kinds of blessings and well-being on Bobby, and wishing Mr Denson a smooth and fruitful tour

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 18, 2014 18:55

with sssoul
bye bye johnny

[www.facebook.com]

All kinds of blessings and well-being on Bobby, and wishing Mr Denson a smooth and fruitful tour

thumbs up +1

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 18, 2014 20:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-18 20:17 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2014 21:46

From Rolling Stones .com

15 OCTOBER 2014
BOBBY KEYS

Due to being a bit under the weather, Bobby Keys will not be joining the Stones for the Australian and New Zealand tour dates. Bobby is under doctor’s orders to take it a bit easy for the next month and hopes to see everyone soon.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Bobby Keys
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 18, 2014 02:50

Deathgod
saw a FB post by Phil Kauffman that Bobby is in hospital

Say it is not true. What is going on with Bobby Keys?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-19 03:28 by bv.

Re: Bobby Keys
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 18, 2014 03:42

Does anyone know WHY he's in the hospital? What kind of ailment?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 18, 2014 10:18

I am officially concerned. sad smiley

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 18, 2014 10:45

All my best wishes for Bobby, get well soon

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2014 14:46

Please DO NOT discuss health matters of people in the public. Unless there is a public statement health matters are PRIVATE, and NOT to be discussed in the public.

Bjornulf

Date: October 22, 2014 03:40

Wow that clip of Karl Denson is good with a jazzy swing to it, maybe his style will incorporate into the Stones shows. I miss Bobby and send him well wishes but bringing this new guy in will bring some interesting sounds.

Date: October 22, 2014 10:38

rbk
electricmud
Best wishes to Bobby. But I`m sure he would like Mr Denson. Wow, check this out:

[url=http://

]Karl Denson[/url]

Tom[/quote]

This track just KILLS! Been listening to it for months.[/quote]

Good stuff! Was Kravitz involved here? It sounds like something he could have written - in his best moments, that is.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:32

electricmud

Good stuff! Was Kravitz involved here? It sounds like something he could have written - in his best moments, that is.

Damn sure I like many of Mr Kravitz´ older recordings (and live shows!), but he is not to blame for everything that is funky / sexy. Just ask Prince , lol.

Mr Denson sounds like a brick straight outta the Tower of Power to me, like it A LOT!

Have a great time w/ each other, Mr Denson and Stones Maniacs in Down Under.

And my best wishes to Keith´s Texan Twin. Please, Bobby Keys, get well soon!

Cheers, fillmore

Date: October 22, 2014 12:21

I thought about the melody in the chorus in particular...

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 23, 2014 09:14

I would like to apologize for getting the quoting wrong (a bit like my English, confused smiley), I´m sorry! It was of course DandelionPowderman who brought "Kravitz" in.
And yes, sure, that might have been one of the better Lenny 45s, I only thought not only him could come up with a cool hookline with a beat under it.
No offense!

Fillmore

Date: October 23, 2014 10:18

Fillmore
I would like to apologize for getting the quoting wrong (a bit like my English, confused smiley), I´m sorry! It was of course DandelionPowderman who brought "Kravitz" in.
And yes, sure, that might have been one of the better Lenny 45s, I only thought not only him could come up with a cool hookline with a beat under it.
No offense!

Fillmore

No offense taken! smiling smiley

I just thought of Lenny when I heard that chorus, but of course it could have been any other funky cat who wrote this thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:52

Meanwhile, from Bobby:

Special Announcement
I would like everyone to know that I am doing well. I am Trying to follow doctors orders to not travel and stay home. Thank you to everyone for their well wishes. I am excited to rejoin the Stones after Australia. See you on stage very soon!

(That's from Facebook, btw.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-25 10:53 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:47

Any pictures or videos of Karl in action???

Bobby Keys
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 24, 2014 03:01

Sam Cutler wrote on his facebook page "I heard from members of the stones that Bobby Keys is really unwell and is in hospital - please send him your well wishes and love"

Let's hope Bobby will get well soon!
I saw him in Sydney in April with his solo band and he sounded great and was so nice and genuine when I posed for a picture with him after the show.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2014 03:11

Sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers and doesn't suffer. Love his Stones contributions. peace

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 24, 2014 03:19

He is as much part of the Stones as Mick and Keith. Let's hope he will be better and we will see him onstage in 2015. We love you, Bobby!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 03:34

don't get me wrong I love Bobby! And am sad to hear he is unwell. But I do not think he is just as much a part of the Stones and Mick and keith! He didn't write a thing and is a side musician. Albeit a great one and integral to the sound of many of my favourite records by The Stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2014 09:38

whitem8
He didn't write a thing and is a side musician. Albeit a great one and integral to the sound of many of my favourite records by The Stones.

What? He wrote a crapload of great horn lines. Probably should have been given some songwriting credit since they took the tunes to such great places. Can't imagine the chorus of Rocks Off without his "writing". peace

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 24, 2014 09:47

It's an interesting argument but not for this thread. Right now we are sending Bobby our best wishes for his recovery.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2014 11:06

Wuudy
Sam Cutler wrote on his facebook page "I heard from members of the stones that Bobby Keys is really unwell and is in hospital - please send him your well wishes and love"

Let's hope Bobby will get well soon!
I saw him in Sydney in April with his solo band and he sounded great and was so nice and genuine when I posed for a picture with him after the show.

Had missed that, bad news indeed, it seemed from the October 25th update that he was doing better, get well Bobby! And to anyone who hasn't read his book yet, read it, it's great, just feels like being there ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 24, 2014 16:35

TooTough

Any pictures or videos of Karl in action???

At least two pictures from himself:

[Twitter.com]

[www.Facebook.com]

... and a short Video from himself:

Karl Denson on:

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [YouTube.com] · [Instagram.com] · [SoundCloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-24 16:40 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home