Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: The J. Geils Band is touring again
Date: October 17, 2014 13:13

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 18, 2014 00:02

Thanks for posting those vids Mr DJA. I appreciated it and enjoyed them. I am now informed that the J. Geils band should NOT be judged by their 80's MTV videos. They definitely have a bundle of energy and rock the stage better than most.

Particularly enjoyed the harmonica and organ playing.

Thanks again bro. peace

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 18, 2014 08:51

Naturalust
..which tells me you never saw The J Geils band

Must admit, you're right I never have. But I did watch the video posted here and that is what I was commenting on. I would welcome you to post a video of what you consider their best live stuff, I'll surely check it out.

What I remember most about J Geils band is their stuff from early MTV videos which I never really liked. peace

May be duplicated on another thread. Can't get this show out of my mind.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 18, 2014 14:27

Here is a 2013 version of the band live music. Nothing to fear, they still kick ass!!!
Rock and roll,
Mops
[youtu.be]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 20, 2014 18:02

Naturalust
Thanks for posting those vids Mr DJA. I appreciated it and enjoyed them. I am now informed that the J. Geils band should NOT be judged by their 80's MTV videos. They definitely have a bundle of energy and rock the stage better than most.

Particularly enjoyed the harmonica and organ playing.

Thanks again bro. peace

No worries my friend - Glad you enjoyed them! For all the insite you've shared here over the years I figure if I can reciprocate by posting some youtube videos I'll do so every chance I get.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: October 20, 2014 23:41

Does anybody know if J.Geils Band will be opening for Seger for the January dates? I'm specifically interested in the Ohio shows. TM showing they will be opening for Toledo, but no mention of the for Columbus. Thank you in advance.

Mystery solved: Nationwide arena website shows they ARE opening for Columbus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-21 00:28 by josepi.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 21, 2014 20:41

Naturalust

In recent years J. Geils Band has only toured in the places where they had their original '70s hey-day, primarily the Boston area, Detroit and the upper Midwest of the United States. The set is essentially the same as the one they played into 1977 or so. Then they add the MTV era sclock on at the end. When they headline it's for well over two hours and the energy never stops.

I've seen the band over fifteen times since 1972 beginning with an amazing show that pre-dated the FULL HOUSE recordings by three months and included J. Geils Band opening for the Stones in 1975. I am excited I'll be seeing them twice more before Christmas.

OT: J. Geils Band 2015
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 6, 2015 22:44

Just saw them opening for Bob Seger (sans J. Geils and Stephen Jo Bladd). They are still at the top of their game.

My wife - a Centerfold-era fan said Seger should have opened for them! He was excellent too, BTW.

Peter Wolf says they will continue to tour. Catch 'em if you can.

I know of at least one IORRian there (Atlanta) besides myself. Anybody else see them?

Re: OT: J. Geils Band 2015
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 7, 2015 00:23

Elmo Lewis
Just saw them opening for Bob Seger (sans J. Geils and Stephen Jo Bladd). They are still at the top of their game.

My wife - a Centerfold-era fan said Seger should have opened for them! He was excellent too, BTW.

Peter Wolf says they will continue to tour. Catch 'em if you can.

I know of at least one IORRian there (Atlanta) besides myself. Anybody else see them?

I missed them on this tour. I would have been in Atlanta with you if one of my bands didn't have a gig that night. VERY glad to hear that they plan on keeping things rolling for a while. One of these days I will see them live.

Although it may not excite your wife all that much, the following link may raise your interest...

Vintage Live Album Coming From J. Geils Band

I've got it in "My Cart" and plan on placing the order tonight when I get home.
Amazon Link

Peace,
Mr DJA

Re: OT: J. Geils Band 2015
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2015 14:26

Hope they will tour in Holland.
Jeroen

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home