Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor - Live In London on iTunes
Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: September 25, 2014 19:45

Sorry if this has been asked before,couldn't find a thread.
I've recently found a (Live) recording by MT here:

[itunes.apple.com]

Does anyone know,where and when these tracks were recorded?
The "Carinco Neue Medien GmbH" don't exist anymore(Google) so I couldn't find any good info on these recordings.

Re: Mick Taylor - Live In London on iTunes
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 26, 2014 01:15

I think it was from nineteen bad mixy mix. What a rip off.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 27, 2014 09:21

According to Nico's site it was recorded in the South of England in March '03 and is probably an unauthorized recording. Some song titles are not accurate, to say the least. The set list looks like: Secret Affair; Twisted Sister; Losing My Faith; Late At Night; BWMcTell; You Gotta Move; No Expectations; and Red House. How many "unauthorized" MT recordings are there? It seems to happen to him a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-27 20:44 by pmk251.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 27, 2014 16:02

pmk251
According to Nico's site it was recorded in the South of England in March '03 and is probably an unauthorized recording. The some song titles are not accurate, to say the least. The set list looks like: Secret Affair; Twisted Sister; Losing My Faith; Late At Night; BWMcTell; You Gotta Move; No Expectations; and Red House. How many "unauthorized" MT recordings are there? It seems to happen to him a lot.

I interpret 'unauthorized recording' as 'bootleg' and released without the artist's express consent and without the artist being compensated. I am guessing that with this on iTunes Taylor must know about it and either he (or some record company that gave him an advance) is getting money from it....though probably not much. I only previewed the songs on iTunes and the snippets don't sound well recorded/mixed.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: September 27, 2014 16:36

I gave it a listen a while ago and would recommend avoiding it. The mix is indeed poor, as buffalo7478 says, and the performance itself is okay but nothing special. As well as Stranger In This Town, there are numerous boots from the 80s, and more recently, that anyone interested in Taylor's live work as a solo artist should listen to before this one.

As for it being an official or unofficial recording, no idea - Taylor's business affairs are pretty labyrinthine and have been discussed many times on this board. If he doesn't get money from it, Jeff Allen might, I guess.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: September 28, 2014 16:30

Must have been a mistake. I cannot imagine Taylor or one of his fellow musicians allow to put this on ITunes. The mix is too bad for that indeed.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 1, 2014 05:51

I hear all piano and barely any guitar, from the samples. Agreed, terrible mix.

Date: October 1, 2014 10:02

Is it worse than the New Barbarians' official "Buried Alive"-release?

I will check it out..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home