Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Box Sets in Shanghai/China
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 22, 2014 06:34

Hello,

I am right now in Shanghai. Here are many CD Shops which sell CD boxes with the complete discography of many artists. They sell 2 Rolling Stones boxes. One is the Japanese "Greatest Albums in the Sixties" and one the well known Cube with the UME remasters. The point is that these boxes only costs about 30 Euro.

Has anybody here got experiences with these box sets? Are they legal or illegal? They do look exactly like the original ones. I looked inside the CDs and the booklets and the CDs itself all look completely original. Could it be that these boxes are the original ones but not licensed?

Sure I don't want to do any illegal things. But I was completely shocked to see these great sets at that price. Beneath the Stones boxes there are the complete discoprahys from bob Dylan, U2, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles and many more.

Greetings from China

Jan

Re: Rolling Stones Box Sets in Shanghai/China
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 22, 2014 07:40

Albums in the Sixties is about 300 Euros in Japan.
One tenth the price is good bargain even if they are not legal.
Don't keep looking. Settle before the National Day chaos begins.winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2014 08:12

The problem is that if it is indeed an illegal copy, I don't know what the toll will do with me when I fly back to Germany.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 22, 2014 08:33

hockenheim95
The problem is that if it is indeed an illegal copy, I don't know what the toll will do with me when I fly back to Germany.

If you, a real Stones fan, can not tell the difference, how can the customs?
I would say go for it. Maybe its a fake. But its a good memory from your trip.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 22, 2014 09:15

When I was in Beijing, I bought loads of Stones-CD:s, illegal and legal. Had no problems whatsoever in customs, even though they looked through my stuff. Had bought plenty of clothes also, that were copies. Think they have a hard time seeing the difference.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 22, 2014 18:54

On this thread there's a discussion about these chinese releases that might be helpful for you. Especially this comment.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: September 22, 2014 20:21

hockenheim95
Hello,

I am right now in Shanghai. Here are many CD Shops which sell CD boxes with the complete discography of many artists. They sell 2 Rolling Stones boxes. One is the Japanese "Greatest Albums in the Sixties" and one the well known Cube with the UME remasters. The point is that these boxes only costs about 30 Euro.

Has anybody here got experiences with these box sets? Are they legal or illegal? They do look exactly like the original ones. I looked inside the CDs and the booklets and the CDs itself all look completely original. Could it be that these boxes are the original ones but not licensed?

Sure I don't want to do any illegal things. But I was completely shocked to see these great sets at that price. Beneath the Stones boxes there are the complete discoprahys from bob Dylan, U2, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles and many more.

Greetings from China

Jan

There illegal. I use to travel to China regularly, I know exactly what you are talking about (standard 2 disk collection of like 40 songs). I actually purchased one of the Stones just to have the item/package with the Chinese writing. Never even opened as I didn't need it because I've already purchased all the tunes legally many times over.

I also purchased some other artists that I didn't have the songs or collection. They play fine and the customs officials aren't going to do anything to you unless you are bring in suit cases filled with CDs. The people that are suppose to be controlling this are the Chinese government but they simply look the other way claiming they can't actually control it. Which is utter nonsense, they don't want to do anything because it isn't really there concern. As long as your illicit activities aren't aimed at challenging the CCP, they seem to have little interest in you.

It is really a bigger deal for movies and Hollywood than for music. Your average person (young and old alike) as no idea who the Rolling Stones are. Goes for the Beatles as well.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 22, 2014 20:43

I think you'll find customs are only worried about illegal drugs and weapons. Unless you're importing a trailer-load of counterfeit CDs, I personally don't think you should worry at all. But do not draw their attention to it and ask if it is OK to import bootlegs as they will probably confiscate them if you do that.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 23, 2014 02:51

they are copies,I got mine in Shenzhen.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: September 23, 2014 04:15

Ok, so I think these must be illegal copies. Has anyone other experiences with Chinese CDs or maybe even LPs? I have only seen CDs so far

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 23, 2014 09:41

I live in Shenzhen its pretty much all you can get here is illegal copies,if you want the real copy you have to go to Hong Kong.most of my cds and dvds I have bought in shenzhen so they are all copies.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: October 12, 2014 06:57

what about bootlegs? are there bootlegs in china or do they all come from japan?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home