Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Date: November 24, 2014 20:45

Keith's worried look when Mick bumps into his Jack Daniels bottle during SFM! Priceless smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2014 20:51

DandelionPowderman
Keith's worried look when Mick bumps into his Jack Daniels bottle during SFM! Priceless smileys with beer

Probably worried it would spill on the cocaine laid out just out of sight behind the bottle. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 24, 2014 23:22

So where can I get that digital download? Somehow can't seem to find it.

Date: November 24, 2014 23:34

[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

Check if your country has the release on Google Music only. If so, I'm afraid it's no longer available. If you have access to downloading it on Stonesarchive I think it's still there.

But the show on the DVD isn't released in other formats.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 24, 2014 23:35

Haven't gotten to the DVD yet(like to save the best for last!!), but the CD's from the 13th are tremendous, such a strong show…..

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 25, 2014 05:36

KEEF'S RHYTHM PLAYING ON "IF YOU CANT ROCK ME" IS SUBLIME..HOLY SHIT

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 25, 2014 06:39

I got my vinyl copies of the LA and Hampton shows. The packaging looks spiffy. I had time to clean the individual records, but haven't had a chance to listen to any of the vinyl of it yet. That'll wait until the weekend.

Is it too soon to ask that they finally right a wrong and release silver CDs and vinyl of the soundtrack of Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 25, 2014 06:47

OK guys... I have NOT bought this, and have not read 26 pages worth of comments. Is the LA Forum gig worth purchasing? I ask this as a boot collector since 1997. Is it worth it?

Date: November 25, 2014 08:41

flacnvinyl
OK guys... I have NOT bought this, and have not read 26 pages worth of comments. Is the LA Forum gig worth purchasing? I ask this as a boot collector since 1997. Is it worth it?

Definitely. Then again, I got the LP/DVD set for $21, including shipping, so... smiling smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 25, 2014 09:20

flacnvinyl

I haven't bought it neither. I already have the FLAC download from 2 years ago and since there's no blu-ray with high quality sound I don't see the point to buy again the same thing. I'll probably buy the stand alone DVD soon or later though...

Date: November 25, 2014 10:01

kowalski
flacnvinyl

I haven't bought it neither. I already have the FLAC download from 2 years ago and since there's no blu-ray with high quality sound I don't see the point to buy again the same thing. I'll probably buy the stand alone DVD soon or later though...

It is a 1975 film with excellent sound, in no way inferior to the audio release from the 13th. If it would have been improved picture-wise on BluRay, it would only have been a cosmetic improvement.

Sonically, the show from July 11 sounds absolutely brilliant. Maybe it will get its own LP release in the future?

Date: November 25, 2014 10:35

DandelionPowderman
kowalski
flacnvinyl

It is a 1975 film with excellent sound, in no way inferior to the audio release from the 13th. If it would have been improved picture-wise on BluRay, it would only have been a cosmetic improvement.

Sonically, the show from July 11 sounds absolutely brilliant. Maybe it will get its own LP release in the future?

The added value for a blu-ray release would have been for audio quality. The audio on Hampton blu-ray is stunning for example.
However my point was about the concert available on CD. Having already the lossless download I don't see myself buying again the same thing on CD. Though I understand people buying it only for the nice packaging.
Probably the vinyl is the best option to get the highest sound quality (the vinyl is cut from high resolution digital master).

Date: November 25, 2014 10:38

kowalski
DandelionPowderman
kowalski
flacnvinyl

The added value for a blu-ray release would have been for audio quality. The audio on Hampton blu-ray is stunning for example.
However my point was about the concert available on CD. Having already the lossless download I don't see myself buying again the same thing on CD. Though I understand people buying it only for the nice packaging.
Probably the vinyl is the best option to get the highest sound quality (the vinyl is cut from high resolution digital master).

The DVD audio on Hampton is also stunning, that was my point. if you don't have a $10.000 sound system the sound will only be marginally better.

The DVD sound on the LA-show from July 11 is razor sharp and beautiful.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 10:50

Do you have more pleasure to watch the DVD with audio 5.1ch or dolby 2ch ?
I mean , dou you see a big difference between these 2 sounds ?

Date: November 25, 2014 11:19

DandelionPowderman

The DVD audio on Hampton is also stunning, that was my point. if you don't have a $10.000 sound system the sound will only be marginally better.

The DVD sound on the LA-show from July 11 is razor sharp and beautiful.

I'm sure the audio on DVD is beautiful. Eagle Vision does things very well on its releases. But in the case of Hampton, the audio on blu-ray is even more stunning, like the audio on Sweet Summer Sun blu-ray was more stunning than the DVD audio.
This said when it comes to audio quality I can become quite picky... smiling smiley

jpasc95

On Hampton I found the 5.1 mix less balanced than the stereo mix. Bass seemed to have vanished in the 5.1 mix.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 12:00

kowalski
jpasc95

On Hampton I found the 5.1 mix less balanced than the stereo mix. Bass seemed to have vanished in the 5.1 mix.
it's funny because I think it's the contrary on LA dvd...the bass is weak on dolby stereo 2ch.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 25, 2014 12:53

DandelionPowderman

I find the audio of the 11th to be better than the 13th. The 13th is quite compressed with a more modern drum sound, and the percussion is way low in the mix. The 11th is a bit more raw and alive, with more original and less compressed drum sound (crispy snare!) and the percussion (which I love) is higher in the mix.

Mathijs

Date: November 25, 2014 13:06

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

I find the audio of the 11th to be better than the 13th. The 13th is quite compressed with a more modern drum sound, and the percussion is way low in the mix. The 11th is a bit more raw and alive, with more original and less compressed drum sound (crispy snare!) and the percussion (which I love) is higher in the mix.

Mathijs

I agree about the July 11-show.

The July 13 vinyl sounds great, imo, but yeah the drums are compressed, like on the The Brussels Affair-release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 13:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 25, 2014 13:28

Billy's playing in the beginning of GOOMC (children songs!) is beyond childish...

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 25, 2014 14:22

DandelionPowderman
Billy's playing in the beginning of GOOMC (children songs!) is beyond childish...
- is it not a reference to 'Popeye the Sailor Man'?

Date: November 25, 2014 14:25

martinw
DandelionPowderman
- is it not a reference to 'Popeye the Sailor Man'?

He did this often on this tour. At least I've heard it on several bootlegs.

This time it seems he play two or three snippets of children songs in the beginning there. Can't say I remember Popeye, The Sailor Man being among them, but I could be wrong smiling smiley

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 25, 2014 14:32

Didn't Keith or Bill say they used to play 'Popeye' during GOOMC at live concerts in the 60s? The screaming from the audience was so loud they could have played anything...I assumed it was an 'ironic' reference to this...

Date: November 25, 2014 14:37

martinw
Didn't Keith or Bill say they used to play 'Popeye' during GOOMC at live concerts in the 60s? The screaming from the audience was so loud they could have played anything...I assumed it was an 'ironic' reference to this...

I thought it was during Satisfaction?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:58

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
I pre-ordered this thing, to make sure I got it on the first day of its release date.

Still haven't got it...

EDIT: Just as I wrote this, the doorbell rang and... YES! thumbs up

me too and I STILL haven't got it...estimated next week by Amazon...we'll see.

Enjoy!

I presume you got the LP/DVD combo?

Yep, leaving work right now. Can't wait! My wife received the parcel when it arrived, and told me it was totally squashed. Hopefully, she's just joking...

Well, was she joking?

Incidentally, mine arrived yesterday as well!

Date: November 25, 2014 16:05

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
I pre-ordered this thing, to make sure I got it on the first day of its release date.

Still haven't got it...

EDIT: Just as I wrote this, the doorbell rang and... YES! thumbs up

me too and I STILL haven't got it...estimated next week by Amazon...we'll see.

Enjoy!

I presume you got the LP/DVD combo?

Yep, leaving work right now. Can't wait! My wife received the parcel when it arrived, and told me it was totally squashed. Hopefully, she's just joking...

Well, was she joking?

Incidentally, mine arrived yesterday as well!

That's great, treacle!

Of course she was joking - although Disc 1 was glued tight in its sleeve by mistake. We put up a joint family venture to be able to get it out of its sleeve without using too much force.

Luckily, we succeeded grinning smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:40

Drake just get the Dvd,the cds are the same as the( flac) archive release of a couple years ago....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:47

martinw

I thought it was Brian who would do it, and it pissed the others off.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 25, 2014 20:03

I haven't got time to watch the DVD until weekend, but holy crap, has anyone read the booklet? There is a conscious effort to negate Bill Wyman. Richard Havers, who wrote the essay on the DVD, goes to great lengths to mention the musical contributions of everyone from Mick Jagger to Trevor Lawrence, but he leaves an actual Rolling Stone out of his assessments.

Think I'm being paranoid? Right before the end of the booklet there's a page opposite a Forum tickets for the show. There's a picture of Charlie, Mick, Keith and Ronnie. Okay, that's what left of the Stones now, but look, there's an extra picture frame filled with nothing but an X.

Throughout the entire booklet there's only one official picture of Bill, and one tiny pic as part of a tour program. Ollie Freakin' Brown gets a bigger mentioned than an actual Rolling Stone? Richard Haver wrote that Billy Preston brought along a synthesizer, which was novel at the time, and then he neglects to say that Wyman played it during Fingerprint File while Ronnie played bass.

I've felt that somewhere along the line Mick Jagger is the one who doesn't like Wyman and wants him excluded. I didn't see any connection between the two during the 2012 reunion. And yes, I know that Bill is not a Rolling Stones now, but come on, he was One Fifth of the group in 1975. How petty is this? And don't tell me it's Richard Haver's doing. Nothing goes out without Mick Jagger's approval.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 25, 2014 20:05

Yes it was Brian and he played...Mary had a Little Lamb. haha.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: November 26, 2014 19:50

Man, does Sympathy For The Devil burn like hell on CD2 like nobody's business. Besides being one of the longest versions ever, it sure is one of the best sounding versions available on officially released material. The LOVE YOU LIVE version of SFTD, taken from the LA FORUM July 9th 1975 show pales in comparison sound-wise IMHO.

SFTD

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home