Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: September 18, 2014 20:44

slowhand
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here Shattered from the new Hampton release.

Shattered - Hampton

Daddy like.thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 18, 2014 21:43

texas fan
It's the show that was historically referred to as the 11th -- both the audience recording of the show and the bootleg DVD. I don't know for sure, but I believe this date probably came from the original taper, Mike Millard, who was not known to mess up his dates, as far as I know. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but that's how some people say it's the 11th.

Plus, Zentraf's book states that the 11th was professionally shot, and says nothing for the other nights. The setlists are identical, but someone said there was a difference around band introductions on the 11th and 12th.

Date: September 18, 2014 23:41

TheGreek
just now i checked rollingstones.com and it said the date was july 12th not the 11th.so how do some people here say it is the july 11th

Because we have the show on bootleg dvd already.

RS just copied the press release from Eagle Rock.

Date: September 18, 2014 23:52

I haven't been able to get a picture of the back of the box to see if it claims the 12th. I did notice there's no picture of Bill on the cover of LA 75, or Billy Preston, only the surviving quartet. It was hard to see, but I don't think Bill is on the cover of Hampton either.

Date: September 18, 2014 23:57

Isn't that hard to tell? We only see parts of their faces on the cover.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 19, 2014 00:18

24FPS
I haven't been able to get a picture of the back of the box to see if it claims the 12th. I did notice there's no picture of Bill on the cover of LA 75, or Billy Preston, only the surviving quartet. It was hard to see, but I don't think Bill is on the cover of Hampton either.

Hell would have to freeze over twice before Wyman's image is used on any Stones merchandise or releases again.

Date: September 19, 2014 01:22

Rollin92
24FPS

Hell would have to freeze over twice before Wyman's image is used on any Stones merchandise or releases again.

He is on the Hampton-release grinning smiley

Date: September 19, 2014 01:32

DandelionPowderman

I got a pretty good 900 size photo of LA 75 and the photos are top to bottom Charlie, Ron & Mick together, and Keith. It was harder to see the Hampton cover but there were a couple with Bill obscured by Keith.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: September 19, 2014 01:44

Maindefender asked why horns weren't used throughout the '75 tour. My question is, why were they only used on a couple of the L.A shows & not the rest of the run? Possibly for recordings for future release?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 19, 2014 03:31

I think the answer is pretty simple. Its just artistic license. They didnt use horns because they didnt feel like it. They added them for a few gigs because they felt like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-19 03:36 by ryanpow.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 19, 2014 04:59

24FPS
DandelionPowderman

I got a pretty good 900 size photo of LA 75 and the photos are top to bottom Charlie, Ron & Mick together, and Keith. It was harder to see the Hampton cover but there were a couple with Bill obscured by Keith.

Literally or metaphorically?

Date: September 19, 2014 05:24

treaclefingers
24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Intrinsically.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 19, 2014 05:28

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Intrinsically.

And financially and sexually...philosophically still trying

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 19, 2014 07:57

24FPS
I like videotape. I think the image is purer and more lifelike,

Somehow I figured you for a film purist.

Sorry, I gave it at least a day. Couldn't let it go.

"Truth is stranger than fiction"

Date: September 19, 2014 08:42

24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Counting the five members was easy on Hampton, though smiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2014 08:43

Sipuncula
24FPS
I like videotape. I think the image is purer and more lifelike,

Somehow I figured you for a film purist.

Sorry, I gave it at least a day. Couldn't let it go.

"Truth is stranger than fiction"

Nice. But I am a freak for videotape, especially early color. Like silent films, most of early broadcast color and black and white videotape is gone forever. They thought there'd be no interest in future audiences wanting to see old TV programs, so they taped over them. There was a guy who wanted to recover what he could. He had a videotape and the box showed there was an obscure program from 1958 with Eddie Cochran performing on it. Unfortunately the tape had been reused about ten times. He tried to find a way to recover taped over programs but nothing has been heard about it since. Eddie Cochran, 1958, on videotape. Sigh.

There is a Stones connection to this. A lot of people have probably seen the Stones perform Get Off of My Cloud and She Said Yeah on the Hullabaloo TV show on November 15, 1965. Unfortunately the only thing remaining, and this wasn't that far back in the past, is a poor quality black and white kinescope, although it was originally shot and broadcast in living color. Again, taped over.

I'm getting over the LA 75 release not being 'new'. I've seen the YouTube sample, and I'm impressed just to finally get a decent copy.

Date: September 19, 2014 23:50

I've contacted Eagle Rock on Facebook, and by e-mail, without reply, asking them to clarify that it's the 12th, and not the 11th, though we all know whatever date it is that it's roughly the same footage we've had for years. I was thinking that wouldn't it be funny if no one in the Stones camp is quite sure themselves? I should ask Bill.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2014 19:25

24FPS
I've contacted Eagle Rock on Facebook, and by e-mail, without reply, asking them to clarify that it's the 12th, and not the 11th, though we all know whatever date it is that it's roughly the same footage we've had for years. I was thinking that wouldn't it be funny if no one in the Stones camp is quite sure themselves? I should ask Bill.

Mick thinks Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo is on BLACK AND BLUE for shit's sake...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 20, 2014 21:04

Poster on Shidoobee's friend at Eagle Rock - "My friend says the box they received had July 12th on it so that's the date they went with."

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 20, 2014 23:21

yes but maybe there is a mistake on the box ?

Date: September 20, 2014 23:41

Of course that's possible. Since others had noted Eagle Rock hadn't responded to numerous inquiries, simply shared some info that purports to be from someone at Eagle Rock.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 21, 2014 18:08

Of course they know by now - at least.
But try to hang on to that date (12th) as long as possible.

Date: September 21, 2014 19:06

Maybe they're too invested now, with the boxes printed up and everything to change it. The Shidoobee thread got me thinking about ABKCO. They usually want to piggyback on the Stones current releases. I wonder if they have to share the same archive? I can't imagine what ABKCO would have left video wise, a few promo films, maybe some concert footage, maybe. ABKCO seems pretty played out by this time, excepting the BBC cuts, which isn't that exciting, and perhaps some Beggars & Let It Bleed bonus cuts.

Date: September 21, 2014 20:50

Suspect that Eagle Rock is blissfully ignorant at best, duplicitous at worst.

Surely they looked at the long circulating July "11th" footage and realized they had that show, however it was labeled.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 22, 2014 05:13

24FPS
Maybe they're too invested now, with the boxes printed up and everything to change it. The Shidoobee thread got me thinking about ABKCO. They usually want to piggyback on the Stones current releases. I wonder if they have to share the same archive? I can't imagine what ABKCO would have left video wise, a few promo films, maybe some concert footage, maybe. ABKCO seems pretty played out by this time, excepting the BBC cuts, which isn't that exciting, and perhaps some Beggars & Let It Bleed bonus cuts.

ABKCO? Well, the MSG 1969 shows and Altamont filmed for the Gimme Shelter movie legally belong under their umbrella - a complete 1969 concert, even compiled from various shows, would excite me a bit more than Hampton 1981 or LA 1975, but that's probably just me. They could also compile a nice DVD from the surviving promos and TV appearances, and if they manage to dig out "holy grail"-type stuff like NME Pollwinners '68 or London Palladium 1967 for such a project, it would be very, very interesting indeed. A while ago, there were short video clips from Paris 1965 on Youtube, and there's hope that the complete show survived like the Kinks 1965 Olympia show that's widely available. Maybe even Paris 1967 that's rumoured to have been videotaped for TV broadcast, but never shown afaik.

It all depends on wether they were satisfied with the Charlie Is My Darling sales or not.

Audio-wise, there's more possibilities - live shows, radio broadcasts (Bill's Radio Luxembourg acetate!), BBC stuff, outtakes and last but not least unreleased stereo mixes of songs that up 'til now are only available in mono. However, a major obstacle could be that some of the stuff that ABKCO legally controls is not in their possession physically - tapes in the private possession of band members etc.

But, speaking of all these archive activities in general, they are probably 10 or even 20 years too late in the game to generate the sales the Stones and ABKCO were hoping for.

Date: September 22, 2014 06:48

alimente
24FPS

ABKCO? Well, the MSG 1969 shows and Altamont filmed for the Gimme Shelter movie legally belong under their umbrella - a complete 1969 concert, even compiled from various shows, would excite me a bit more than Hampton 1981 or LA 1975, but that's probably just me. They could also compile a nice DVD from the surviving promos and TV appearances, and if they manage to dig out "holy grail"-type stuff like NME Pollwinners '68 or London Palladium 1967 for such a project, it would be very, very interesting indeed. A while ago, there were short video clips from Paris 1965 on Youtube, and there's hope that the complete show survived like the Kinks 1965 Olympia show that's widely available. Maybe even Paris 1967 that's rumoured to have been videotaped for TV broadcast, but never shown afaik.

It all depends on wether they were satisfied with the Charlie Is My Darling sales or not.

Audio-wise, there's more possibilities - live shows, radio broadcasts (Bill's Radio Luxembourg acetate!), BBC stuff, outtakes and last but not least unreleased stereo mixes of songs that up 'til now are only available in mono. However, a major obstacle could be that some of the stuff that ABKCO legally controls is not in their possession physically - tapes in the private possession of band members etc.

But, speaking of all these archive activities in general, they are probably 10 or even 20 years too late in the game to generate the sales the Stones and ABKCO were hoping for.

An interesting approach done recently is to take old lip synched TV performances and 'sync' them up with the master recordings so you have ideal audio with restored video. This has worked very well with groups like the Temptations. It's another way to sell a Greatest Hits package. I'm shocked the Stones still haven't put out their own greatest hits, post '71, on video. The money return must not be there, but they already have the basic elements. Restoration of video and audio for the digital age is the biggest cost.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 22, 2014 12:05

well on july 12th gig they did a snippet of a "song" called fa fa fa fa,,i think it was between angie and wild horses.

Date: September 22, 2014 13:09

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: September 22, 2014 13:35

I ordered DVD + 3LP's a few days ago bei amazon.de for 28.31 Euro - now the prize is already at 41.52!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 22, 2014 16:37

[www.youtube.com]

ok, which date is it from?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home