Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 22, 2014 18:26

andrewt
slowhand
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here Shattered from the new Hampton release.

Shattered - Hampton

Daddy like.thumbs up

That's the one that's on STILL LIFE.

Glanced through a few pages, didn't see this so I'll post it - hilarious. Keith seems a bit lost in a few parts of the song.

Re: Eagle Releasing 'Hampton' And 'L.A. Forum' On DVD/Blu-Ray/CD
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 22, 2014 18:42

Rockman

Jack the Gardener?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 22, 2014 19:10

treaclefingers
Maindefender
jpasc95
Maindefender
bleedingman
Bashlets
just checked Amazon, US and couldn't find LA 1975

No picture, not even a mention of the artists. But it's there:

[www.amazon.com]

Before I preorder, can someone please confirm the 3 disc audio version is actually 1 disc DVD and 2 discs audio. TIA
on the link, it's written 1 disc

On the same page there's the audio option for the LA show. It comes up as 3 discs for $26.99. I question whether it's actually 1 disc DVD and 2 discs audio. There's no content description at the moment, hopefully soon.

Yeah if you've seen the official announcements there is a finite amount of options for this, the 3LPs + DVD, the 2CDs + DVD and just the DVD. I don't even think there is a blu ray option like for Hampton.

Unfortunately there's still no description on the Amazon US site except 3 discs audio so they can just suck it…..haha. Amazon-UK is much better describing content.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2014 19:29

Maindefender
treaclefingers
Maindefender
jpasc95
Maindefender
bleedingman
Bashlets
just checked Amazon, US and couldn't find LA 1975

No picture, not even a mention of the artists. But it's there:

[www.amazon.com]

Before I preorder, can someone please confirm the 3 disc audio version is actually 1 disc DVD and 2 discs audio. TIA
on the link, it's written 1 disc

On the same page there's the audio option for the LA show. It comes up as 3 discs for $26.99. I question whether it's actually 1 disc DVD and 2 discs audio. There's no content description at the moment, hopefully soon.

Yeah if you've seen the official announcements there is a finite amount of options for this, the 3LPs + DVD, the 2CDs + DVD and just the DVD. I don't even think there is a blu ray option like for Hampton.

Unfortunately there's still no description on the Amazon US site except 3 discs audio so they can just suck it…..haha. Amazon-UK is much better describing content.
check out rollingstones.com. you will find the info you are looking for

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 10:38

if you check out rollingstones.com, then, no doubt, we'll have the show from July the 11th and not 12th as it's written.

Date: October 23, 2014 11:20

rs.com still claims it's from the 12th, though. Can you believe it??

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: October 23, 2014 12:59

if you take a look at the first page of rs.com [www.rollingstones.com], then, you have :

from the vault
Hampton 1981, the show from Dec the 18th and Shattered as an extract.
No doubt, we can check out it's the right date

then, below,

from the vault
LA forum 75, the show from July the 12th and Star Star as an extract. But we all know that this one from the 11th of July show and not the 12th.

so, the conclusion is obvious.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:11

jpasc95
if you take a look at the first page of rs.com [www.rollingstones.com], then, you have :

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault
LA forum 75, the show from July the 12th and Star Star as an extract. But we all know that this one from the 11th of July show and not the 12th.

The question is if we all are right in supposing to know that it is the 11th. It could be that the date stamping of the bootleggers is wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 13:11 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:32

RobertJohnson
The question is if we all are right in supposing to know that it is the 11th. It could be that the date stamping of the bootleggers is wrong.

Good question

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2014 15:53

RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

You just rocked my world.

Date: October 23, 2014 16:03

RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

imo we will have the show that we all know and that we consider rightly or wrongly to be the show from july the 11th.
but it will be in much better video and sound quality so that we can forget Jointrip and 4Reel versions.

Date: October 23, 2014 16:20

jpasc95
RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

imo we will have the show that we all know and that we consider rightly or wrongly to be the show from july the 11th.
but it will be in much better video and sound quality so that we can forget Jointrip and 4Reel versions.

I guess I'm more curious if the audio CD, which is supposedly from the 13th, will be any better than the Google music release also remastered by Clearmountain.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 23, 2014 17:59

Maindefender
jpasc95
RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

I guess I'm more curious if the audio CD, which is supposedly from the 13th, will be any better than the Google music release also remastered by Clearmountain.

Even better if it is really the Show from the 13th on CD and not the Show from the DVD? I appreciate the mix we all have already by LA Friday. Prominent guitars right in your face, that is the touchstone for well sounding Stones Music in my opinion.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 16:29

Talking with a friend last night about the comments here regarding the soon to be released Los Angeles 1975 show is probably the LA Friday show that already circulates. I told him that the Stones released one song from this already and people identified it as the same version on LA Friday.
He mentioned that if The Stones had released a preview of the 1973 Brussels and if it was Rambler, how many people would be "certain" we would get Brussels Affair. Yet got got the other Brussels show. He also mentioned that Love You Live has Sympathy For The Devil from a different Los Angeles show than LA Friday, so we know they have other soundboard recording from the Los Angeles run.

Food for thought . . .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2014 22:26

Maindefender
jpasc95
RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

It should. Isn't the Google music release basically MP3?

Date: October 31, 2014 22:47

RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

Mick's stage clothes revealed the dates. The dvd is from the 11th.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 1, 2014 00:07

Fuman2

He mentioned that if The Stones had released a preview of the 1973 Brussels and if it was Rambler, how many people would be "certain" we would get Brussels Affair. Yet got got the other Brussels show. He also mentioned that Love You Live has Sympathy For The Devil from a different Los Angeles show than LA Friday, so we know they have other soundboard recording from the Los Angeles run.

That would imply using the July 11 footage and synchronise it to a piece of music from another L.A. night.
God nobody would want to try this kind of scam!

Oh wait Jimmy Page did in 1973 for TSRTS! grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2014 00:13

GasLightStreet
Maindefender
jpasc95
RobertJohnson
jpasc95

from the vault

then, below,

from the vault

It should. Isn't the Google music release basically MP3?

Most of the world is fortunate to have had the FLAC option, which is what I downloaded.

That's why I'm not even bothering with the CD release, and just getting the vinyl/dvd package.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 1, 2014 12:08

Date: November 1, 2014 12:21

only 12 songs on the DVD ?
oh no don't say it's true !
it's not fair !

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: November 1, 2014 12:25

Don't worry, the column on the right is the continuation of the DVD track listing. I can't read the text to the right of that though. Does it say which night the footage is from?

Date: November 1, 2014 12:32

jpasc95
only 12 songs on the DVD ?
oh no don't say it's true !
it's not fair !

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 1, 2014 12:54

So according to the track listing, on the DVD the band intros come after IORR. On the CD they come before IORR. Which can only mean the DVD is from the 11th and the CD is the one we've already got from the 13th. So they can't even be arsed to give us a CD of the DVD soundtrack, just bung in something we've already got and paid for!

Date: November 1, 2014 13:02

MrsEdithGrove
Don't worry, the column on the right is the continuation of the DVD track listing. I can't read the text to the right of that though. Does it say which night the footage is from?
oh yes indeed ! thanks

on the right, I can read that the show is from July 12th

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 6, 2014 01:18

So...the first digital release is from the 13th, the new cd is from the 12th, and the new dvd will be from the 11th?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 00:12

I can't wait for this one. I like this period. Ron Wood could still actually play!

Cheers,

Soulsurvivor

Date: November 11, 2014 18:02

RollingStone.com has Rip This joint from the LA release in their music section(sorry can't add the link). Let's just say it's a hot mess…lol Jagger actually gives Bobby Keys a hip check…..

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 11, 2014 18:15

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 11, 2014 19:52

soulsurvivor1
Ron Wood could still actually play!

Soulsurvivor

I've seen & heard Ron play everybody's socks off, the last couple of years.

So I guess, with the "as opposed to..." undertone in yer statement, you're referring to the nineties, mostly (when he, indeed, was a horror to listen to, most of the time).

Posted by: patrykut ()
Date: November 11, 2014 21:12

flairville
[www.rollingstone.com]

So, now we can confirm 100% that we already have this show signed as show from 11th July. Compare this version "Rip This Joint" with 4REEL version, there are a lot of other camera angles. Anyway, I can't wait for premiere to hear this show in much better sound and video quality.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home