Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: Help Sting Harvest His Tuscan Grapes And Olives For $345 Per Day (You Pay Him)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2014 20:25

tatters
Bliss
Be honest - if it were one of the Stones, wouldn't you do it?

Maybe if they were out there with me, getting their hands dirty.

I'd do it if they promised a free box set of all their live albums on vinyl, including the download only series.

Re: OT: Help Sting Harvest His Tuscan Grapes And Olives For $345 Per Day (You Pay Him)
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 30, 2014 20:54

tatters
Bliss
Be honest - if it were one of the Stones, wouldn't you do it?

Maybe if they were out there with me, getting their hands dirty.

Keith on a ladder again….and a tree…..i dunno.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 30, 2014 21:43

mountainhigh
billwebster
You don't seem to realize that this offer is not intended for music fans from the general public at all but instead, for the well-to-do gourmet and his wife and friends from the jet-set who would pay anything to experience a healthy lifestyle.

Sure, at first glance, the offer sounds hilarious and really far out there but it's obviously meant for people with a high income who want to experience the "normal life" of a farm hand for a day, all the while, during the picnics, they are being served the exclusive high-priced foods from in the local area where this farm is located. And nobody seriously would expect the clients who buy into this work day at the farm to be supervised by a tough foreman. Or would you?

One thing is certain: this offer is not meant for Sting fans at all, he just happens to be the owner of the property. The paper obviously used this fact for its core business which is sensationalism. And this thread is proof they got you![/quote

At last someone who knows what they are talking about has posted on this sting harvest subject. All the other sarcastic, rediculous post's sound like they are written by character assasinators who seem to know their victims inside out without having any factual knowledge of their business activities, which is what this is all about not someone trying to make a few bucks.
I am sure sting has enough money to be doing that.
I myself am not a fan of his music but just felt that such vile comments should not be posted on what is mainly for our mutual likings of the Rolling Stones.
A lot has been written in the press of Mick Jaggers liking to keep hold of his money but haven't seen any of you condemned him.
What are you who wrote horrible comments like with your money, scrimpers tight arises,I bet you are...takes one to know one as they say.

Do you actually have a sense of humour, mountainhigh ?

I'm so glad that most of us on IORR like to have a laugh when not much going on in Stonesland. winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:09

You allowed to eat some grapes while you are pickin' them?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:50

"In an interview with Mail on Sunday Event magazine, the famed musician said: "I told them there won't be much money left because we are spending it! We have a lot of commitments. What comes in, we spend, and there isn't much left."

[www.mirror.co.uk]
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Get the bit in bold red text. Talk about lost the plot in la la land; he makes it sound he is still living on a teacher's salary, rather than someone with £10s of millions in the bank. What a super dinosaur's dong he is!

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 31, 2014 02:02

Haters gotta hate...

Sting has been through the shit and deserves all his riches just like any of the Stones do...He's made crap music for years now, but once fronted one of the most formidable bands in the history of music

If he opens up his estate to us morons and maybe cultures us a bit in the process what the hell. If you've got the money to fly to Italy then you've got the money to play around in one of the most historic and beautiful vineyards in the area...

Napa Valley has been doing it for years

God bless him

Date: August 31, 2014 02:33

Munichhilton
Haters gotta hate...

Sting has been through the shit and deserves all his riches just like any of the Stones do...He's made crap music for years now, but once fronted one of the most formidable bands in the history of music

If he opens up his estate to us morons and maybe cultures us a bit in the process what the hell. If you've got the money to fly to Italy then you've got the money to play around in one of the most historic and beautiful vineyards in the area...

God bless him

Well said Munich...and welcome home.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 31, 2014 02:35

MingSubu
You allowed to eat some grapes while you are pickin' them?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 31, 2014 02:38

desertblues68
It is a picnic in a field not Fortnum and Masonsmoking smiley

thumbs up exactly

Date: August 31, 2014 02:40

keefriffhard4life
dcba
billwebster
You don't seem to realize that this offer is not intended for music fans from the general public at all but instead, for the well-to-do gourmet and his wife and friends from the jet-set who would pay anything to experience a healthy lifestyle.

You're 100% right.
Imo what Sting offers is the rural equivalent of gold-plated toilets. If you're among the 1% this thing is normal, but this is laughable if you live in the normal world of normal folks.

i wouldn't say 1%. i'd say anyone who makes over $125k a year and likes to visit other countries and likes wine might take sting up on this offer. more than 1% of the population makes $125k+ a year

ummm...neither I nor anyone I know would take Sting up on his offer.

Date: August 31, 2014 03:00

swiss
keefriffhard4life
dcba
billwebster

You're 100% right.
Imo what Sting offers is the rural equivalent of gold-plated toilets. If you're among the 1% this thing is normal, but this is laughable if you live in the normal world of normal folks.

i wouldn't say 1%. i'd say anyone who makes over $125k a year and likes to visit other countries and likes wine might take sting up on this offer. more than 1% of the population makes $125k+ a year

Stewart Copeland and his wife have spent the last 3 months there.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 31, 2014 12:22

treaclefingers
swiss
keefriffhard4life
dcba
billwebster

You're 100% right.

Stewart Copeland and his wife have spent the last 3 months there.

...3 months?! 2 people!? Must 've been a hell of a bill to pay...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 31, 2014 15:54

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Haters gotta hate...

God bless him

Thanks man...by the way, my drink is NOT where I left it

Date: August 31, 2014 17:46

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Haters gotta hate...

God bless him

Thanks man...by the way, my drink is NOT where I left it

The fruit flies had gotten to it...I had to dump it and put the glass in the dishwasher.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 1, 2014 09:54

I've got a three-foot olive tree in my back yard, it's got about 50 inedible olives on it, would take you about ten minutes to pick, any volunteers? You pay me in actual edible olives that you bought from a proper shop.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2014 10:07

...depends on if there's any Sqeeeeeezin' involved

ROCKMAN

Date: September 1, 2014 11:03

No, that's my lemon tree . .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2014 12:04

...try tellin' that ta Robert Johnson

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 1, 2014 13:19

A great trio of trees -- lemon, apricot and apple.
Throw in delicious French olives/ Ecstasy!

And keep Sting out of it!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 1, 2014 14:27

Aqua to pick up your olives, put a net on the ground and shake the tree, some of the ripe olives would have already been fallen off. This has been passed on from my dad and many generations of Tuscan farmer. Can pick up your olives in a jiffy and can send you a couple of jars. Do you prefer green or black, pitted or whole?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2014 15:14

desertblues68
Aqua to pick up your olives, put a net on the ground and shake the tree, some of the ripe olives would have already been fallen off. This has been passed on from my dad and many generations of Tuscan farmer. Can pick up your olives in a jiffy and can send you a couple of jars. Do you prefer green or black, pitted or whole?

Hey desert, send me some of them olives too, I don't care what kind. My Dad used to put jars of olives in our Christmas stockings instead of candies. My friends thought it was nuts, but we loved it!

Date: September 1, 2014 16:52

latebloomer
desertblues68

Hey desert, send me some of them olives too, I don't care what kind. My Dad used to put jars of olives in our Christmas stockings instead of candies. My friends thought it was nuts, but we loved it!

Was that because he put a bottle of gin in the stocking as well?

Don't answer right away, I'm just getting up from my chair to make another cup of coffee.

Date: September 2, 2014 01:12

desertblues68

Black or green, pitted, as long as someone else does the pitting. winking smiley

Sounds like we've got an olive party going here!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 2, 2014 01:36

The Rolling Stones Chronicle says Mick yelled at Sting down a bar to stop knocking his fellow rockers. It didn't name the fellow rocker, but Sting knocked Paul McCartney in a Playboy interview around that time, so that may be who Mick was defending.

Date: September 2, 2014 02:39

treaclefingers
latebloomer
desertblues68

Don't answer right away, I'm just getting up from my chair to make another cup of coffee.

OK, I'm back now.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2014 03:05

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
latebloomer
desertblues68

OK, I'm back now.

No, no gin. But I sure could use a bottle right now...nothing like back to school shopping the day before school starts.

If Aquamarine gets them picked in time, she can drop in a few olives.

Date: September 2, 2014 03:10

latebloomer
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
latebloomer
desertblues68

OK, I'm back now.

No, no gin. But I sure could use a bottle right now...nothing like back to school shopping the day before school starts.

If Aquamarine gets them picked in time, she can drop in a few olives.

Coincidentally, I was picking plums just now in the back yard. 7 LBs!

It must the be 4th harvest I've done and the tree is still full of plums.

Teacher's have been on strike here since middle of June...summer vacation continues...

Date: September 2, 2014 03:12

Title5Take1
The Rolling Stones Chronicle says Mick yelled at Sting down a bar to stop knocking his fellow rockers. It didn't name the fellow rocker, but Sting knocked Paul McCartney in a Playboy interview around that time, so that may be who Mick was defending.

I'm not a fan of him or his old band, but The Police made some good music. It's things like that and the fact that he refuses to even consider a Police reunion for a split-second (for the fans, if not anything else) that annoy me about this guy. Oh, yeah. That grape thing, too.

Date: September 2, 2014 03:13

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Title5Take1

I'm not a fan of him or his old band, but The Police made some good music. It's things like that and the fact that he refuses to even consider a Police reunion for a split-second (for the fans, if not anything else) that annoy me about this guy. Oh, yeah. That grape thing, too.

the tantric sex thing with the 'dry orgasm' was also pretty annoying.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 2, 2014 03:48

He s a overrated creep.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home