Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brixton Sb is Amazing!
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 1, 2014 00:38

nico one
Sorry Mitch , but in my humble opinion the 2 smiling smiley Paradiso shows cant Match up with the 1 smiling smiley Brixton Academy show , music / show /set list wise ...,

Sorry but I think the opposite, venue, setlist and performance point of vue.
But I understand the fact you attended this show can influence your point of vue.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 1, 2014 05:34

Got a copy and it is excellent for modern era shows.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 1, 2014 11:12

The 'Dam shows were one-of-a-kind experimental unique affairs. hot smiley

Brixton was more or less a stadium show played indoor = nothing really special in my book. Ok it's nice but nothing more and the playing is a bit tired/bored imo.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: September 1, 2014 15:46

dcba
The 'Dam shows were one-of-a-kind experimental unique affairs. hot smiley

Brixton was more or less a stadium show played indoor = nothing really special in my book. Ok it's nice but nothing more and the playing is a bit tired/bored imo.

Brixton was very good and for the people inside a very special show of course but indeed had a not so special setlist compared to the Paradiso gigs. The Paradiso shows...it was pure magic in all aspects and the second show just a little better imho.
I really saw lots of shows but Paradiso man...probably their best shows ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they still think so themselves!

Date: September 1, 2014 16:22

Black Limo
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Meet Me At The Bottom
Shine A Light
Like A Rolling Stone

That row of songs can hardly be classified as a trad. stadium gig, moved indoors.

Didn't they play Still A Fool as well, or was that Amsterdam?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 16:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 1, 2014 16:30

DandelionPowderman
Black Limo
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Meet Me At The Bottom
Shine A Light
Like A Rolling Stone

That row of songs can hardly be classified as a trad. stadium gig, moved indoors.

Only the second night at the Paradiso. More important is that they completely skipped the warhorses in Paradiso which made it fresh and extremely special. And on top of that it was the first time ever LARS was played by them in a concert.

Date: September 1, 2014 16:32

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Black Limo
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Meet Me At The Bottom
Shine A Light
Like A Rolling Stone

Only the second night at the Paradiso. More important is that they completely skipped the warhorses in Paradiso which made it fresh and extremely special. And on top of that it was the first time ever LARS was played by them in a concert.

I bet you felt you had the world's greatest job that night smiling smiley

Date: September 1, 2014 17:43

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Black Limo
Dead Flowers
Sweet Virginia
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Meet Me At The Bottom
Shine A Light
Like A Rolling Stone

I bet you felt you had the world's greatest job that night smiling smiley

I never worked during shows :-) but to me this was and still is just the best of everything I saw or heard of the RS in my life.
20 and 23 songs without warhorses, in an acoustically brilliant club with a fantastic atmosphere, a very warm and supportive audience, KR still able to play very very good, MJ shining as always and vocally brilliant, CW & RW also in great shape, the rest of the musicians were supportive as they should be, LARS performed for the first time, great interaction between everyone and between band and audience like everyone was on stage or something...everyone was having fun crew included.
May 27th 1995 should have been the last gig...know what I mean?

Date: September 1, 2014 19:17

But maybe you wouldn't have attended all those shows otherwise? winking smiley

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: September 1, 2014 21:41

mitch
nico one
Sorry Mitch , but in my humble opinion the 2 smiling smiley Paradiso shows cant Match up with the 1 smiling smiley Brixton Academy show , music / show /set list wise ...,

Sorry but I think the opposite, venue, setlist and performance point of vue.
But I understand the fact you attended this show can influence your point of vue.

I should have said it different , my bad ...You have a point , but when I read some reactions , I think by myself they dont know what they are talking about ( a a stadium show set list ?) , but understand they post to get a reaction or are truly without knowledge spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2014 03:31

Just a shout out to Deltics for putting up the concert. It's kept me company off and on these past few days and I couldn't ask for better. Thank you most kindly! smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home